Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #196
middy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoto16
Looks like we have a drop out for Middy's trip.

Friend with the DR650 has to cancel , due to a blown base gasket.

Also haven't heard any more from the XR boys at work.

Might just be Middy , Fuddy and Scott.

if thats the case mate I might be able to throw in some extra routes.

I had a look out the other track this arvo. it's a rocky start

but man your going to have a ball opening those throttle on some of these hills.

Theres plenty of area to play so we might have to throw in a jerry of extra fuel

in fact the smaller the group on this one the better
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
middy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 AM   #197
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
AWSOME

Can hardly wait.............
Old 06-01-2007, 04:48 AM   #198
middy
Studly Adventurer

in fact if you guy's go for your ride saturday.
Then meet me early-mid arvo, we will then head up to the camp you can have a play on the bikes (or do the photography thing) whatever tickles your fancy.

On sunday we get up, pack up and head to the area with those photos. you can then take a gps waypoint of the 4x4 and I'll see ya's when your sick of playing.

Then I'll point you in the general direction of home
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 AM   #199
middy
Studly Adventurer

^
|
200th post by the way
Old 06-01-2007, 04:54 AM   #200
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Middy , your a champion.

Hows it going with talking Shoes into coming along?
Old 06-01-2007, 04:55 AM   #201
middy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Middy , your a champion.

Hows it going with talking Shoes into coming along?
he's renevating his house so It's pretty doubtfull lol

Laying the slabs that weekend
Old 06-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #202
DonQx OP
Peripathetic @ Heart

Oddometer: 1,688
Saturday @ Waratah Pub :-)

Hmmmm ... the long weekend is looking not too bad ... weatherwise I mean ...

... "mostly sunny", temps up to 15, not a lot of wind (www.weatherzone.com.au/region.jsp?lt=wzstate&lc=tas) ...

... I'll be trundling in that general direction leaving Hobart Friday morning, overniting somewhere nice for camping, then make my way up to Waratah hopefully via Corinna & Savage River ...

... anyone else interested in that general plan? ...

:-) a.

PS: Looking forward to meeting some of the Northerners! :-) a.
DonQx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:42 AM   #203
middy
Studly Adventurer

went and purchased some new knobbies for the landcruiser so I can keep up with you boys this weekend:p

really though, I was a bit doubtfull the old girl would get into the camp with the rain we have had since my last jaunt up there. and I don't fancy carrying gear in so I set her up with a pair of grippy shoes just to be sure

if this frost keeps heading the way it is we'll want to keep the fire well stoked up
Old 06-04-2007, 11:51 AM   #204
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Only 4 more sleeps..........

Might have to pack the good sleeping bag.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #205
middy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Only 4 more sleeps..........

Might have to pack the good sleeping bag.

as long as you can get it to the pub I can carry it
Old 06-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #206
That Aussie Guy
Dances with TKC's

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfinch
Howdy all,

Sat the 9th Edge, BorisTas and thier possie from the Launceston area will head my way and meet at the detention river shop. Then onwards through some forestry and back roads to Edith Creek .( Yes Fuddy I,ve got that magic key!!!).

From Edith Creek ( last fuel before Zeehan/Waratah) it's onto the W.E. and head south .Maybe a look in at Balfour for those that havent been! Also a Quick trip into Corinna When we get to the other end.. After this it's a run out to Waratah which is where we will be bedding down for the night at the Pub.
Questions fellas, how much rough going is all this? I have zip experience with any real offroad apart from the last weekend away for the Lime Bay trip. My DR is set up pretty well, and i will be carrying minimal gear this time, but still need an honest appraisal of what kind of skills will be needed.

Cheers,
Daz.

Photography: www.roamimagery.com
That Aussie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #207
DonQx OP
Peripathetic @ Heart

Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Aussie Guy
Questions fellas, how much rough going is all this? I have zip experience with any real offroad apart from the last weekend away for the Lime Bay trip. My DR is set up pretty well, and i will be carrying minimal gear this time, but still need an honest appraisal of what kind of skills will be needed.

Cheers,
Daz.
Hi Daz,

Good to see u're still interested :-) .

I know the Western Explorer well (~=the bit between Edith Ck & Corinna). Piece of cake, you could do it on a scooter as long as you don't get over-enthusiastic with the right wrist.

As for the other bits ... forestry & back roads that require keys are usually in use and good enuf for your average logging truck to be able to get through ... you should have no problems methinks (just mind that right wrist) ...

... only reason I'm not joining that part of the expedition is that I reckon it may end up being too much riding for me ... my mind starts wandering after 3-4 hours ... dreaming of camp sites and food and beer and stuff ... not such a good thing when part of the mission is to generally stay upright ...

... hope to see you at the Waratah pub (Bishop Hotel 'tis called methinks) ...

:-) a.
DonQx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 AM   #208
BorisTas
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Aussie Guy

Cheers,
Daz.
Hey Daz
To put it bluntly ....piece of piss mate , honestly you'll have no worrys, we've got dudes on Tigers with wives on the back, including one who only purchased it last week . There is no rough stuff on this trip, as a mater of fact with a DR you'll probably find it all a bit of a yawn actually !! Well maybe the Waratah Pub may be a bit difficult but as for the riding there certainly wont be anything like this

BT

One is all you need ,
Two is a Luxury
Any more is an indulgence
BorisTas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #209
That Aussie Guy
Dances with TKC's

Oddometer: 242
Thanks Andreas and BorisTas for the ride info. I am really looking forward to meeting you all and having a great weekend. I am heading up to Edge's place Friday afternoon so I will be with all the Northeners as the ride they have planned sounds interesting, plus it will take me places i have not yet been even though I am Tassie born and bred.
In preparation for this weekend, I have my luggage sorted out at long last. See my project here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=5078

Cheers,
Daz.

Photography: www.roamimagery.com
That Aussie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:25 AM   #210
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Calling Middy to the Red courtesy phone.

Just to finalise details for the weekend.

Meeting at 9 am Brighton pub?

And then we meet again on Interlaken road at 1 pm?

Is that the plan?

Really looking forward to this trip , hopeing it's going to be cold , and some snow would be a bonus.

Thats just me tho , I like the cold , big camp fires , drinking port , and waking up to a big frost the next day (really clears the head).