ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 03:07 AM   #4696
RIBTICKLER
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Mountain River
Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtisGood View Post
Coming for a trip to the South West at the end of the month KTM Geoff
Hopefully then Beemer is back on the road for this ride. Will keep you posted.
RIBTICKLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #4697
DirtisGood
Guzzi Adventurer
 
DirtisGood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sheffield the Town of Murals, Tasmania
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIBTICKLER View Post
Hopefully then Beemer is back on the road for this ride. Will keep you posted.
Good to see the CHRIS man using the forum thought he was a silent partner

__________________
The pain of not doing something, is greater than the pain of doing something
DirtisGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #4698
RIBTICKLER
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Mountain River
Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtisGood View Post
Good to see the CHRIS man using the forum thought he was a silent partner


Hey Brian, I was looking at the pic's posted by FLICKIT he mentioned the gates near Tyenna and Fitzgerad, I think I might have the keys for those. The location of the landing strip is a great day ride through from Judbury vis Judd's Creek road. Or you could just slip down from the intersection ate the west Plenty turn off.
RIBTICKLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #4699
DirtisGood
Guzzi Adventurer
 
DirtisGood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sheffield the Town of Murals, Tasmania
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIBTICKLER View Post
Hey Brian, I was looking at the pic's posted by FLICKIT he mentioned the gates near Tyenna and Fitzgerad, I think I might have the keys for those. The location of the landing strip is a great day ride through from Judbury vis Judd's Creek road. Or you could just slip down from the intersection ate the west Plenty turn off.
Be keen to check it out.
Get that bike going and I will be down for a ride.
Tell Josie I am on my way
__________________
The pain of not doing something, is greater than the pain of doing something
DirtisGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #4700
FLICKIT
Studly Adventurer
 
FLICKIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Down-under Down-under
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtisGood View Post
Thanks for the info,
The Bridge Works should be completed by the time we go through as it will be the 27th of April when we leave Ouse to go through.
The ride back over to the Florentine from ouse, via Dunrobin Rd/Mt Dawson is Glorious...

Nice fast roads with great views over the Florentine as you go over Mt Dawson...

:)
FLICKIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #4701
DirtisGood
Guzzi Adventurer
 
DirtisGood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sheffield the Town of Murals, Tasmania
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLICKIT View Post
The ride back over to the Florentine from ouse, via Dunrobin Rd/Mt Dawson is Glorious...

Nice fast roads with great views over the Florentine as you go over Mt Dawson...

:)
Thanks FLICKIT for the different route
You should join us on the 27th of April and show us Northern Riders some new tracks
__________________
The pain of not doing something, is greater than the pain of doing something
DirtisGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #4702
ktmgeoff
Remember it's not a race!
 
ktmgeoff's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Norf East Tasmania,Australia
Oddometer: 1,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtisGood View Post
Coming for a trip to the South West at the end of the month KTM Geoff
Will have to see if the stars align................The top of Tim Shea which is off the Florentine road would be a nice detour, there's a pic on Google Earth of bikes at the top
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11874...=kh.google.com
Well I can see a couple of 9fiddies maybe a DRZ too.....it's possible Guzzis could get up......maybe......
__________________
whatever

ktmgeoff screwed with this post 04-05-2012 at 11:53 PM Reason: To stir up Brian.......
ktmgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #4703
DirtisGood
Guzzi Adventurer
 
DirtisGood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sheffield the Town of Murals, Tasmania
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmgeoff View Post
Will have to see if the stars align................The top of Tim Shea which is off the Florentine road would be a nice detour, there's a pic on Google Earth of bikes at the top
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11874...=kh.google.com
Well I can see a couple of 9fiddies maybe a DRZ too.....it's possible Guzzis could get up......maybe......
Will have to talk to Chris the RIBTICKLER and see if the gate is locked. Will be a good trip with a few detours here and there, hope you can make it
__________________
The pain of not doing something, is greater than the pain of doing something
DirtisGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #4704
Tawnaunty
Adventurer
 
Tawnaunty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Oddometer: 19
Tim Shea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmgeoff View Post
Will have to see if the stars align................The top of Tim Shea which is off the Florentine road would be a nice detour, there's a pic on Google Earth of bikes at the top
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11874...=kh.google.com
Well I can see a couple of 9fiddies maybe a DRZ too.....it's possible Guzzis could get up......maybe......
Hi Geoff
I put that pic up a few years ago. We took a few big bikes up there GS12 ktm 990 my aprilia etc. there was snow and roads were icey about 2-4C! Not hard unless it's rutted up now.
Might join you dudes;))
__________________
Life is gnarly - go ride it!
Tawnaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #4705
DirtisGood
Guzzi Adventurer
 
DirtisGood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sheffield the Town of Murals, Tasmania
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnaunty View Post
Hi Geoff
I put that pic up a few years ago. We took a few big bikes up there GS12 ktm 990 my aprilia etc. there was snow and roads were icey about 2-4C! Not hard unless it's rutted up now.
Might join you dudes;))
You welcome to come along Tim.
We are camping at Ouse on Thursday Night 26th April and heading south via Lake Repulse Road with side trips to Cockle Creek eventually.
__________________
The pain of not doing something, is greater than the pain of doing something
DirtisGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:31 AM   #4706
Tawnaunty
Adventurer
 
Tawnaunty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Oddometer: 19
Cool for Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtisGood View Post
You welcome to come along Tim.
We are camping at Ouse on Thursday Night 26th April and heading south via Lake Repulse Road with side trips to Cockle Creek eventually.
OK Thnx Geoff I will check my plans and let you'all know.. Here's some close ups of that ride - enjoy! I think that was bruces shakedown on his big Kato? At least he ran out of fuel later that day :((
https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/tra...background.gif) no-repeat left">
Flo
__________________
Life is gnarly - go ride it!
Tawnaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #4707
Tawnaunty
Adventurer
 
Tawnaunty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtisGood View Post
You welcome to come along Tim.
We are camping at Ouse on Thursday Night 26th April and heading south via Lake Repulse Road with side trips to Cockle Creek eventually.
Oops sorry brian :()
__________________
Life is gnarly - go ride it!
Tawnaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #4708
Tawnaunty
Adventurer
 
Tawnaunty's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Oddometer: 19
Look out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtisGood View Post
You welcome to come along Tim.
We are camping at Ouse on Thursday Night 26th April and heading south via Lake Repulse Road with side trips to Cockle Creek eventually.
OK just North of CC is this spot I went up. Tried to find it again a few months ago and could not locate the track up there :(( Might go check it out on Monday
From Cockle Creek to Lokout June 2008
__________________
Life is gnarly - go ride it!
Tawnaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #4709
DirtisGood
Guzzi Adventurer
 
DirtisGood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sheffield the Town of Murals, Tasmania
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnaunty View Post
OK just North of CC is this spot I went up. Tried to find it again a few months ago and could not locate the track up there :(( Might go check it out on Monday
From Cockle Creek to Lokout June 2008
Know where the Lookout is before Hastings, Coal Hill Road, Denny's Lookout
__________________
The pain of not doing something, is greater than the pain of doing something
DirtisGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #4710
RIBTICKLER
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Mountain River
Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtisGood View Post
Will have to talk to Chris the RIBTICKLER and see if the gate is locked. Will be a good trip with a few detours here and there, hope you can make it
Hi Brian Tim Shea is gated, Bugger!!!!
Oh well I guess it always helps if you have a key, which I do.
The track is not rutted, a little steep on the way down in places
No where near as steep as that track into Mathina we did with the guys a few weeks ago.
RIBTICKLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014