ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #76
DonQx OP
Peripathetic @ Heart
 
DonQx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Land of Oz
Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Aussie Guy
Hi gang. Anyone have any idea how I might get in tough with Stuart? I am checking out a Honda Dominator and would like to get some advice from him as he owned one and I think he may have a new one, not too sure. Can anyone help?

Daz.
Just back from walking a week on the Overland Track. Great weather, met some very entertaining people :-) !

Daz ... have sent a Stuart a msg to let him know.

a.
DonQx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #77
DonQx OP
Peripathetic @ Heart
 
DonQx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Land of Oz
Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Change of plans going tomorrow (fri) will try to get some fishing in so if its ok stick to origonal plan miday at dee . Bronte was an idea for get together not to meet up but Borris might have an all round place near griffin park camping accom ect , wont be back on before I go so see you sat I will.

cheers
Hi Edge,

Was that your Yam Tenere with the nifty fishing rod set up at Tarraleah yesterday?

a.
DonQx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #78
FuddyLogic
Blue'n'Orange
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQx
Hi Edge,

Was that your Yam Tenere with the nifty fishing rod set up at Tarraleah yesterday?

a.
Howdy A,

Ya mean this one?

__________________

Fuddy





Is it cider o'clock yet?
----------------------------
KTM 640 ADV, Yamaha TTR 250, BMW R1150RT

Ride Pics
FuddyLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:41 AM   #79
Edge
Studly Adventurer
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Brunswick WA
Oddometer: 544
fishing rod

Yep that was me dont know about a nifty setup some grey tape and rope . Thats what happens when you leave in a rush had problems with my new bags to will have to lengthen the velcro straps , good ride though cramps bay, mienna , bronte , echo, bradys ,camped at lake binney, taralreah, met scott and fuddy for lunch then across to wadamana rd , up there over to miena again down the western side of great lake and home.


cheers
__________________
Ingenuity will overcome adversity every time
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:33 PM   #80
DonQx OP
Peripathetic @ Heart
 
DonQx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Land of Oz
Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuddyLogic
Howdy A,

Ya mean this one?

Yes, dat's it.

Should have popped into the cafe & said hello to Edge ... didn't twig onto the fact that it might be him until later tho.

a.
DonQx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #81
That Aussie Guy
Dances with TKC's
 
That Aussie Guy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lost, somewhere on planet earth.
Oddometer: 242
Daz has a new steed!

Hi all. Well the Beemer found a new home scratches and all, so it was time to find a new mount that was a bit more offroad capable. After much searching I found a 2004 DR650 in Melbourne that was the right price. Bike has only done 12000 Ks, Eibach rear spring, Carby Jet Kit, Airbox mods, 14 tooth sprocket from Keintech in the US (as well as a new spare one), as new rear sprocket, Gold O-ring chain, forks modified with larger spacers to improve rebound, aftermarket handlebars, heated grips as well as a Ventura bag and rack. Scored a few extra parts with it, and came back from Melbourne with a new Shark helmet (been wanting one for ages), a Forcefield back protector and some Acerbis Rally Pro hand protectors. Cant wait to get it dirty!
Pics will follow, I just need to set up a smug mug account.

Cheers,

Daz.
That Aussie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #82
That Aussie Guy
Dances with TKC's
 
That Aussie Guy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lost, somewhere on planet earth.
Oddometer: 242
Pics of Daz's DR

Ok here goes. This is my first time posting pics here so fingers crossed......The little red outline box on the last pic shows the heated handgrip switch location.




That Aussie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #83
DonQx OP
Peripathetic @ Heart
 
DonQx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Land of Oz
Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Aussie Guy
Ok here goes. This is my first time posting pics here so fingers crossed......The little red outline box on the last pic shows the heated handgrip switch location.
Looks good.

What brand/model are the rear tires?


:-) a.
DonQx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #84
sandshu
Adventurer
 
sandshu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Taroona, Tas
Oddometer: 33
Question Spotted

I spotted a hole bunch of people on assorted dual sport bikes, At hawley beach (Nw Coast) the other day just wondering if it was anyone from here? they looked like they had some sweet set up whoever they were.
__________________
"Why? Why are you going there?" "Why not"
sandshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:12 AM   #85
DonQx OP
Peripathetic @ Heart
 
DonQx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Land of Oz
Oddometer: 1,688
UPDATE - Tassie Bird River/Mt McCall Tracks on June Long Weekend 9-11 June

---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=217088&page=3



Anyone else interested in joining?

:-) a.

DonQx screwed with this post 05-06-2007 at 09:17 AM
DonQx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #86
That Aussie Guy
Dances with TKC's
 
That Aussie Guy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lost, somewhere on planet earth.
Oddometer: 242
Tyre ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQx
Looks good.

What brand/model are the rear tires?


:-) a.
Its a Mitas (czech republic) E-07. Just had it out on dirt for the first time yesterday and i have to say it is a very confidence boosting tyre! Awesome grip. On road it is sticky and I can't fault it. Really suits this bike.
Daz.
That Aussie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:02 AM   #87
Andreenduro
LUMI
 
Andreenduro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Under Down Under-Tasmania-
Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQx
Looks good.

What brand/model are the rear tires?


:-) a.
Hey Andreas, have the same pair of tires in the shed. Got it from the importer and decided to do so after a fair bit of research. You are more than welcome to mail me for his contacts. Nice guy.
Have not much life left in the Dunlops Trailmaster and didn't like them at all. 3000 klicks and all is gone... Might be the anatomie of my right wrist too...
Cheers, Andreenduro
Andreenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:10 AM   #88
Andreenduro
LUMI
 
Andreenduro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Under Down Under-Tasmania-
Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Aussie Guy
Hi all. Well the Beemer found a new home scratches and all, so it was time to find a new mount that was a bit more offroad capable. After much searching I found a 2004 DR650 in Melbourne that was the right price. Bike has only done 12000 Ks, Eibach rear spring, Carby Jet Kit, Airbox mods, 14 tooth sprocket from Keintech in the US (as well as a new spare one), as new rear sprocket, Gold O-ring chain, forks modified with larger spacers to improve rebound, aftermarket handlebars, heated grips as well as a Ventura bag and rack. Scored a few extra parts with it, and came back from Melbourne with a new Shark helmet (been wanting one for ages), a Forcefield back protector and some Acerbis Rally Pro hand protectors. Cant wait to get it dirty!
Pics will follow, I just need to set up a smug mug account.

Cheers,


Daz.
Bloody awesome looking bike mate and a whole lot of great "add ons".
Congratulations and heaps of fun.
What's the front as it is obviously not the Mitas ?
Cheers, Andreenduro
Andreenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:23 AM   #89
lout
AYCIC
 
lout's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Oddometer: 751
OK, count me in..I'll find a way to keep warm
lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #90
DonQx OP
Peripathetic @ Heart
 
DonQx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Land of Oz
Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreenduro
Hey Andreas, have the same pair of tires in the shed. Got it from the importer and decided to do so after a fair bit of research. You are more than welcome to mail me for his contacts. Nice guy.
Have not much life left in the Dunlops Trailmaster and didn't like them at all. 3000 klicks and all is gone... Might be the anatomie of my right wrist too...
Cheers, Andreenduro
Ta for that Andree.

I've got the TrailMaster on the rear too, am not too sure about them yet.

Talk to you about it next time I see you.


:-) a.
DonQx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014