User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 AM   #136
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Thank you

Hi Beemerboff, Thank you! I found mitas http://www.mitas.cz/index.php?stranka=4&scid=52

I could not find Mityre in Williamstown or Hanbys tires on google. I'd sure appreciate if you could furnish their respective tel numbers.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerboff
Mityre in Williamstown , Vic, will ship you a set of E-09s overnight for around $210- incl shipping, around $200- less than the alternatives. He has a new shipment due in June and is keen to move the last of the old stock.

So even if you pay someone to fit them you are still a long way in front.

If the E-08s are anything to go by they are every bit as good if not better than the Metzlers, etc, so dont be put off by the price - the Yanks pay less than half the price we do for tires, we just get ripped off here.

I prefer Hanbys tires at Marion , but he can be hard to catch up with and doesnt always have a lot of stock, and he doesnt take cards or cheques.

GC have more stock, but can be a bit dearer and are somtimes a bit ofhand - when I asked fo Pilot Powers on my VFR they told me that the Roads were good enough for me and that they would last twice as long as the Powers, and the reason I didnt like the Roads was because they were old and hard.Well they should know, they had fitted them ten weeks before. And ,for the record, the Powers last longer then the Roads and are a better tire in every way.

They also claim to have never heard of Mitas tyres even although they are an agent for them, according to Mityre.
OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:34 AM   #137
roosting
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzAdvRider
Hi Roosting, I did take it for a spin. It is my first KTM and it's a 2004. I am trying to get use to it. Just different from the Japanese machines.

I'd say it is the man behind the bike and not the bike

I got to go take my Advance riders course this Friday.Now I am on temp license.

Look forward to hook up!

Cheers Willis
Willis,
mate the KTM's just take time.. take the time to work on the suspension and the brute power and you will then reap the rewards.. Suspension is the key.... It rocks but you do have to get it right.. Then the real fun starts. My first few ride's on mine did not seems impressive. But after tweaks i now see the big KTM (thing).. Jap bikes are great (I have some) but I now ride one bike the most guess what .... it's the M.

RE: hookup one time.. I have mate near balhanna (I think I spelt that wrong) near little hamster..he's a keen rider also. Should hook up for beer runs one time.
roost
roosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #138
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosting
I'm new to this, I don't get it, we are up on frontpage.. and i'm a geek ?
I am a geek (IT Technician wise) I imagine that's what you mean...
what's frontpage thou.?

I'm also a bike Geek

Roosting
yeah sorry I was at work when i posted that and was trying to block out the people asking me questions ;)

Yeah IT dude. Same here ;) Front page, was just front page of this thread, 'the list'.

"Hi IT chap, come here maybe I can buy you a beer, oh while your here, when i go to save my word document on my Macdonald 86 it asks me this question and I just click OK, and I loose my work, now can you make my email work please?"
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #139
roosting
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM
yeah sorry I was at work when i posted that and was trying to block out the people asking me questions ;)

Yeah IT dude. Same here ;) Front page, was just front page of this thread, 'the list'.

"Hi IT chap, come here maybe I can buy you a beer, oh while your here, when i go to save my word document on my Macdonald 86 it asks me this question and I just click OK, and I loose my work, now can you make my email work please?"
No worries, now I'm with ya.. Yep us I.T. dude's have people snappin at our heals all day hey!.. And they think we have 3 sets of ears and a multitasking brain when fixing 5 computers at once and also remoting into 3 servers whilst giving advice on what bloody laptop they should buy there doughter for Uni...

That's why I love to jump on my LC4 and just ride away into the scrub and blow the day's shit out of my head..

roosting screwed with this post 05-21-2007 at 08:58 PM
Old 05-21-2007, 03:28 PM   #140
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,518
The Melrose Ride Report

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232069

masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #141
roosting
Adventurer

That looks like a lot of fun..
Old 05-21-2007, 09:49 PM   #142
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,221
Mityre Australia into Google works for me. Hanby is on
8298 8585. Sometimes.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #143
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Thank you!

Hi Beemerboff Thank you for the leads. Cheers, Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerboff
Mityre Australia into Google works for me. Hanby is on
8298 8585. Sometimes.
OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #144
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMMA
hi to all SA adv riders, just bought myself a 06 ktm625 and will be looking for a few rides in the future

Good work Jumma, I like your choice in bikes mate.

I got the 18 litre tank & 'comfort' seat last week for my 625, looks good on the bike & isint anywhere near as bulky as I thought it would be.

I rode some local single tracks last Sunday with about a 3/4 tank full of fuel & it didnt feel any different in handling to riding the same tracks when the small tank was fitted.

The new seat is very comfortable compared to the standard SXC seat, which is going to be very much appreciated on those longer rides.

Cheers, Sol..
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg screwed with this post 05-22-2007 at 09:33 PM
Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #145
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne640
Just another thought , have you guys ever been to the Shearers hut in the Sunset country ( about 40 minutes out of Loxton ) ?.
Theres a old house there you can hire at very reasonable rates and has shower/toilet / kitchen sleeps about 10 and camps site that holds alot of people.With a big communal area that allows for a nice camp fire setting.
The riding is sensational and worth the ride out.
This house is easily booked and we have a mate near by that is a exceptional ride guide for the area and a member here on ADV rider.
Just a thought for those guys that would like to see a bit of the Sunset country.

Sounds good Wayne, maybe we should do this before the big ride in Sept. as another trial run (which I think I need) ?
Would be good to go up there with a group in winter, nominal dust, big camp fire & warming drinks (good red-wine, bourbon, scotch etc..).
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 AM   #146
JUMMA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Rozenberg
Good work Jumma, I like your choice in bikes mate.

I got the 18 litre tank & 'comfort' seat last week for my 625, looks good on the bike & isint anywhere near as bulky as I thought it would be.

I rode some local single tracks last Sunday with about a 3/4 tank full of fuel & it didnt feel any different in handling to riding the same tracks when the small tank was fitted.

The new seat is very comfortable compared to the standard SXC seat, which is going to be very much appreciated on those longer rides.

Cheers, Sol..
good stuff sol ! hope to do the same one day re tank, although the sxc seat is comfy compared to my old 525 exc seat. havent had much of a chance to ride it yet due to other commitments but hopefully that will change soon and i can meet up with some new faces for some good riding
JUMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #147
masterbrewer
TDMster

So What's Next you ask?

With the success of No1 ............so what's next

So when? ..................................Say............. .....overnighter July 14th?
(at least this would give the "Finke Racers" (go Toby! & others!) a chance to recover)

So where? ................................options

1.Sunset Country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne640
Just another thought , have you guys ever been to the Shearers hut in the Sunset country ( about 40 minutes out of Loxton ) ?.

theres a old house there you can hire at very reasonable rates and has shower/toilet / kitchen sleeps about 10 and camps site that holds alot of people.With a big communal area that allows for a nice camp fire setting.

The riding is sensational and worth the ride out.

this house is easily booked and we have a mate near by that is a exceptional ride guide for the area and a member here on ADV rider.

Just a thought for those guys that would like to see a bit of the Sunset country.
No 2. Peterborough?

"Doc" who runs the Peterborough caravan pk offered to show us his local tracks if we are interested some time

No 3. Hattah Desert Race to cheer on Goldfinger who will be racing?

Other options?

Cheers

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-25-2007 at 11:44 PM
Old 05-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #148
goldfinger
goldfinger

Oddometer: 192
That sounds great masterbrewer but that date is no good for me as I will be racing up at the Hattah desert race,maybe you guys can come up there and watch some racing and camp would be a good overnighter.
goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #149
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Either Option 1. or 2. sound good & so does riding up to Hattah.
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Old 05-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #150
masterbrewer
TDMster

[Quote: That sounds great masterbrewer but that date is no good for me as I will be racing up at the Hattah desert race,maybe you guys can come up there and watch some racing and camp would be a good overnighter.]

Would be good to cheer on one of the crew!

It's practically in the Sunset National PK

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...z=8&iwloc=addr

http://www.motorcyclingvic.com.au/En...rt%20Rally.pdf

http://www.nwvmcc.com/HATTAH%20EVENT.html

I'm easy

Cheers

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-26-2007 at 12:01 AM