Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2010, 03:22 AM   #2251
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,670
This SA riders section is about as busy as the Rundle street markets, any noobs lurking would think there wasnt a SA riders section, I had to look for this thread way down in the bottom of the files
Old 06-20-2010, 03:29 AM   #2252
pops
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateshutter
This SA riders section is about as busy as the Rundle street markets, any noobs lurking would think there wasnt a SA riders section, I had to look for this thread way down in the bottom of the files
Yep been a bit quiet in here. Did your mate get hold of the bloke selling his bike?

pops screwed with this post 06-20-2010 at 03:54 AM
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:55 AM   #2253
fat pete
fat pete

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
gday everyone im a noob here i been lurkin for about 6months now and decided id better join,im riding an xtz750yam and very much am enjoying the ride great bikes.anyway im from out pt wakefield way and am looking forward to meeting the south ozzy crew for a ride sometime,i got to admit i been reading the main pt of the forum,been foolowing rtw doug an amazing guy and a great read,so again gday everyone and catch ya all real soon...........
fat pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #2254
PBee

Oddometer: 7,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat pete
gday everyone im a noob here i been lurkin for about 6months now and decided id better join,im riding an xtz750yam and very much am enjoying the ride great bikes.anyway im from out pt wakefield way and am looking forward to meeting the south ozzy crew for a ride sometime,i got to admit i been reading the main pt of the forum,been foolowing rtw doug an amazing guy and a great read,so again gday everyone and catch ya all real soon...........
Welcome.

QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUBEst 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the ANGORICHINA Village

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:22 AM   #2255
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat pete

Welcome Pete
Port Wakefield ah? I'm wary of anyone from Port Wakefield

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:30 AM   #2256
johno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,909
Couldnt be as bad as Elizabeth or could it
Old 06-20-2010, 04:38 AM   #2257
pops
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,503
Wecome Pete.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:44 AM   #2258
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 4,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by johno
Couldnt be as bad as Elizabeth or could it
Yeah, welcome Pete. Kipo could even be a lost fogotten relative seeing as his family invented Port Wakefield.

Hey, Johno, what's wrong with Elizabeth?? Some history maybe??

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:54 AM   #2259
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,265
Quote:
If you're friend is still looking, I've got my KTM540SXC going for $3800 now. He won't find a better machine for that money. WP forks, new halogen enduro headlight, standard tank but spare plastics and all books, registerable. Going to advertise it here as soon as I sort the indicators and dash. Yell out and I'll tee up a test ride. Should have the Tenere back together this week as well.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #2260
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,265
The 24hr Road Trial is on the 10th of next month. Anyone keen on having an overnighter bbq/piss-up get-together trackside? Have a couple of great spots in mind for the campsite (but still need to confirm the event route). Meet up near Adelaide like usual and ride to the location via a butcher and bottle shop. Real basic - swag on the back, beanie to stay warm, bag of wood, sleep where you fall. There was mention in a thread already but thought I'd throw this in as a reminder/feeler. Post up if you're keen. Chance to cheer Kipo/Knackers on as they circulate.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #2261
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner
If you're friend is still looking, I've got my KTM540SXC going for $3800 now. He won't find a better machine for that money. WP forks, new halogen enduro headlight, standard tank but spare plastics and all books, registerable. Going to advertise it here as soon as I sort the indicators and dash. Yell out and I'll tee up a test ride. Should have the Tenere back together this week as well.

He went out and bought two new suzukis WRZ 450?? I think? anyway he went in a forest on saturday with them both and got chased by a ranger, wish i had my phone on saturday, coz he wanted me to ride one of them for him .

Gday fat pete I like the bakery at Pt Wakefield and the pub does good lunches too
Old 06-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #2262
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
My transmission has the same problems as it had last time - happened last week at the end of a pretty good ride, apparently thousands and thousands of $ isn't enough, there needs to be another thousand or so added to the bill.

So I haven't been coming in here cause it makes me annoyed I can't ride - again. Means the 24hr is out, just like the Flinders Trip got missed too.

^ that is an understatement.
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #2263
27rich
roughing it :)

Oddometer: 324
Thats a bastard to here BigM, hope you get things sorted for good this time
27rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #2264
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
I looked at CT110's on eBay today......

I have never managed to kill any other bike I had (I dumped one in a creek and had some slight issues after, but all pretty minor, oh and blew a piston on a 2-stroke - but thats my fault, and its a good project bike anyway), but this thing, blimey, treated it nice as pie, and its still being a cow.
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #2265
barneyrubble
Aspiring overlander

Oddometer: 385
Hello there, been lurking in the digital shadows of this forum for a while now. Thought better do the decent thing and introduce myself. Im based in the northern Suburbs and have been riding for all of 2 years. Currently have a 08 DRZ400e with 17 litre safari tank and an 07 SV1000n. Did have an 08 KLR 650 but after the SV came along it didnt get a lot of use so I re-homed it for a reasonably price . Ive been in Adelaide for just over 3 years now after moving from Ballarat Vic.
Busy few weekends on the Horizon with Hattah weekend, 24hr Reliability and a 4 day riding trip in the Flinders. Would be great to tag along on a weekend when Im free.