Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2007, 03:59 AM   #16
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Well I am a total virgin to this ADV stuff, but I am planning for a border track run with a few of 4WD mates, so they are my camels (water, fuel) when i get my arse into gear whoever can make it will be welcome to come along.

But I will post details when we decide on them.

My bike mates are as unreliable as fuck, who couldn't organise a pissup in a brewrey, nor a shag in a brothel, or any combination of the two and i recon it about time to get some decent rides in. I have really only done super tight single trails and real technical stuff, none of these big adventures..

I'm from Adelaide around Marion way.

PS I will update the first post with all the extras that pop up here :) We are at about 30 already, although a number of the people on the list haven't posted in a while, im sure a PM to their email could get some back.

Mike
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli

BigM screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 04:32 AM
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 AM   #17
dogsbody
Occasionally lucid

Oddometer: 301
Orright! Suggestions...?

What, where and when suits you guys?

I'm gonna suggest Saturday May 19th or 26th ('cos I work away for 2 weeks at a time)
For an overnighter at or near a pub. Say Melrose, Spalding or similar.

Or, I know that the Ariel Bike Club has a shed on the river at Morgan that we could book and camp at (Basic facilities, lawn, fridges, shower, crapper etc...)

Any other suggestions? Lets hear 'em.....

Cheers,
Tony
Old 04-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #18
Bicks
Bicks

Oddometer: 71
G'Day Tony,
Melrose or Morgan sound great. Count me in. May 19th would suit me better but i think i could still make the 26th.
I just tried to call the Mt Remarkable hotel @ Melrose but no answer so i will try later(no. of rooms available and price's for intrest)
Old 04-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
AUSSIEROCKGOD
GENERAL NUT

Oddometer: 9
Dont Forget Me

Hi guys i live in MtBarker area and am keen to go riding
AUSSIEROCKGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #20
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Rock God, your not forgotten :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody
Morgan
:) Morgan has that huge area out the back of the caravan park, is that what you are referring too?

If so thats a nice spot, been up there with my mate in the Land Rover club...

spot of tea? wot wot. Not at the moment thanks Jenkins. Run along and fetch me a scone. :P

Mike
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli

BigM screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 04:33 AM
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #21
ready2ride666
freespirit

Oddometer: 51
Hi guys,well id be keen to do a ride with some fellow adv riders whenever something can be organized.Today went out for a ride out at truro,plenty of dirt tracks to be discovered out there,some of it is tight and technical single track,then theres the rocks and then the faster stuff,was great to put in some decent dirt riding and brush up on some skills and see what the bike can do.So will be keen to do a longer trip sometime,like the flinders.
Tim
05ktm950
ready2ride666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:02 AM   #22
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,220
Aussierockgod - I am in Stirling and get the R100 GS out both days most weekends , not too early as the dog gets first bite , then a bit of housework as the missus gone to a better place - well she recons the Gold coast is better than Adelaide .

My riding is 75/25 sealed / gravel roads on road tires , and I take the gravel real easy - I am too old to enjoy bouncing into the ditch on a 250 kg bike.

If you want to catch up sometime PM me , this weekend is probably out as my brother and his family arrive from Scotland on Monday morning , and I have about a year of empties to to pick up before then, and a bit tidying up to do as well.
Beemerboff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:04 AM   #23
Bicks
Bicks

Oddometer: 71
Melrose pub has 4 double rooms @ $70 a night and 1 room which sleeps 4 singles. There may be more room if needed.

Morgan sounds easier? My shit memory recalls some top single tracks over morgan way which follow the main roads. Have not been over that way for a long time. If we stay at the Aerial club shed will it be tents/swags?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #24
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,517

Doesn't the Melrose Caravan Pk have a bunk house only 30 metres from the other pub?

masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #25
sequent
South Australia's own....

Oddometer: 468
Hi,

Add me to the list as well. I'm in Adelaide (Semaphore) now, having been transferred from Roxby Downs in the "far north"...

Dave.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #26
AUSSIEROCKGOD
GENERAL NUT

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerboff
Aussierockgod - I am in Stirling and get the R100 GS out both days most weekends , not too early as the dog gets first bite , then a bit of housework as the missus gone to a better place - well she recons the Gold coast is better than Adelaide .

My riding is 75/25 sealed / gravel roads on road tires , and I take the gravel real easy - I am too old to enjoy bouncing into the ditch on a 250 kg bike.

If you want to catch up sometime PM me , this weekend is probably out as my brother and his family arrive from Scotland on Monday morning , and I have about a year of empties to to pick up before then, and a bit tidying up to do as well.

my DOMINATRIX is out of action at the moment so the old xr250r is my current steed which make following big beemers i bit trickey on the tar i will let you know when the 650 (soon to be 675) is back in action
AUSSIEROCKGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #27
wayne640
the twin can man

Oddometer: 331
Howdy fellas Melrose sounds great.

Anyway would prefer myself to strap the tent and swag on the bike, than the cabin option...........thats why i brought the bike

wayne640 screwed with this post 04-20-2007 at 01:33 AM
wayne640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:45 AM   #28
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,220
Swag and tent for me too, and Melrose in preference to Morgan .
The way I fart no one would want to share a bunkhouse with me anyway1
Beemerboff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:11 AM   #29
wayne640
the twin can man

Oddometer: 331
Just another thought , have you guys ever been to the Shearers hut in the Sunset country ( about 40 minutes out of Loxton ) ?.

theres a old house there you can hire at very reasonable rates and has shower/toilet / kitchen sleeps about 10 and camps site that holds alot of people.With a big communal area that allows for a nice camp fire setting.

The riding is sensational and worth the ride out.

this house is easily booked and we have a mate near by that is a exceptional ride guide for the area and a member here on ADV rider.

Just a thought for those guys that would like to see a bit of the Sunset country.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #30
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer: 1,255
Welcome Gentlemen!

Looking forward to meeting all you fellas in due course

.................................................. .................................................. .................

PS: Brains and Muncie had better purchase bikes now that they have been elevated to SA ADVriders list.

(Not sure a V-Rod classes as an Adventure bike Muncie - unless you're planning to fit "nobbs" and "crash bars" - then that's perfectly acceptable - If not then we maybe will require your services as back-up vehicle drivers for some adventures)

.................................................. .................................................. ..................