User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 AM   #331
27rich
roughing it :)

Oddometer: 362
finally the track I have been looking for

Well another day, another ride. After reading Masterbrewers last ride report and seeing the great photos I decided to hit the roads again and find this railway line that has a lot of people talking about. Well the day started off with light drizzle (which was not going to stop this adventurer), made for a nice change, anyway some nice back roads through to the top North West corner of Monarto. After a few wrong turns finally found the railway line.

Well just the track that I have been looking for, long, rough, rocky sections and sand. Great fun and a good work out. Would have loved to take more photos but having to much fun. Did plan to go as far as Cambrai as depicted on my map (thanks to all those for the advice on map locations, picked up 14 maps of SA from the RAA), however only made it as far as Apamurra due to time constraints. Does the track keep going further?. From there it was back home via a few new tracks.

Came across the Mannum to Adelaide water pipe line today, does anyone know if you can ride alongside it?

Can anyone tell me if there and where other tracks are like the railway line if possible thanks. Hope to catch up for a ride.

Rich
Attached Images

27rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:49 AM   #332
27rich

the railway line
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #333
27rich

last one
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2008, 02:09 AM   #334
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,576

Avoca meeting due?..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #335
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,428
Wink Add me to the list please?

Hi Big M, and other SA inmates,

Please add me to the list of SA Adv riders. I'm at Gawler and currently on a DR650SE.

Have got a ride organised this Sunday through the Barossa, out to Truro etc (10 riders), and another one to and in the Flinders in April (abt 15 riders), both are hard pack/4WD/easy single track + half decent scenery. Might add a link here to the ride reports on dirt bike world if that's okay.

Both rides have a component of bakery and pub inclusions - sort of like 'pit stops'.

cheers,

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #336
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Gday everyone

Hi Kym and the everyone, been "away" for too long. Yes been thirsty too. Avoca will be good for me on 11, 12th or 13th next week.

Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer

Avoca meeting due?..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

OzAdvRider screwed with this post 02-10-2008 at 12:39 AM Reason: Adding the dates that I will be avaliable
OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:30 AM   #337
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,428
Ten of us did a ride around the Barossa and Truro areas today. Dusty, but a great day - report on DBW site as follows......

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=41047

cheers

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #338
masterbrewer
TDMster

SA Adv Riders Proposed Day ride on the Fleurieu

In preparation for Trev's Flinders Classic I'm planning a practice/hone my skills ride on the Fleurieu in preparation for that type of terrain ie

"negotiating winding, steep descents/ascents over a variety of surfaces while rubber necking the most awesome, spectacular views".

I have plotted an aprrox 300km route (95% dirt) with 120km fuel stops if needed which will leave you eager for Flinders to come around sooner.

Setting the scene:

After departing "Windy Point Lookout" (Belair Rd southern continuation of Unley Rd) @ 7.45am you will descend into steep hairpin bends & into ever winding lush valley roads before attacking the first "summer track only" road.

Then onto a fast freshly spread 1" thick narrow, winding, undulating gravel road before the first splash & dash at Meadows.

From there, climbing up through dense scrub tracks out onto one of the most spectacular views which will test your senses as you are drawn down a steep somewhat rocky, rutted track before climbing up onto the ridges again.

Down a narrow winding gorge track & over to the next ridge with more spectacular views as another steep descent over loose ground. (easily negotiated on the TDM mind you, just sounds good to embellish the moment)

Onto Compass for another splash & dash then up to Spring Mount Conservation Park & down the "Strangways Fire Track": Mount Robertson; Mount Scrub & into Yank for another splash of fuel.

Out of Yank to Wattle Flat then Moon Hill then onto Mount Terrible lookout overlooking Aldinga Bay via Pages Flat, then onto Badgers Rd, Toop Hill & Razor Back Rd to finish at Mylor.

The Day in question?

I'm easy & everyone is welcome at their own risk & responsibility, even if you are not going to Flinders & bring your cameras.

Date Options are:

A. Sunday Feb 24th

B. Sunday March 2nd

C. Sunday March 9th

Let me know if any day is OK and/or your preferences if I have sparked your interest.

I'll tally up majority number preferences & who's was first on 20th Feb from here & also dbw site http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=41152.

Cheers

TDMKym

masterbrewer screwed with this post 02-27-2008 at 06:39 PM
Old 02-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #339
kano650
more cowbell

Oddometer: 215
hey MB sounds like a good bit of fun to be had here i'll be up for a ride either on the 24th of Feb or the 2nd March providing the DR is right to go (having a few problems with the carb atm but should have it sorted if only i had more time to fix it) so yeah, pencil us in as a 95% certainty for those dates.

cheers mate
kano650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #340
masterbrewer
TDMster

Hi Kane

Keen for another floggin' again I see, great.

Some of the views from the tracks I've chosen are absolutely spectacular, you'll have a ball.

I'll try not to dissapoint anyone but actual day will be from majority preferences from both here & dirt bike world listing on a first made first preferred basis if they are equal http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=41152 & to date seems the 9th has an edge at this stage so I hope that day is also free for you as an option. (confirmed on 20th Feb)

Cheers

Kym
Old 02-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #341
kano650
more cowbell

Oddometer: 215
yep i'm up for another pummelling. bridges, sand, gravel, rocks, hills... bring it! but i'm N/A on the 9th unforch. it's the wife's birthday so i'd better do the right thing or maybe i'll just go riding...uhhm err i don't think that'd be wise.

looks like there's a lot of activity over there at dirtbikeworld! there's a fair few takers already i see. no doubt it'll be a great ride MB.

anyway, fingers crossed for one of my aforementioned dates
kano650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:07 PM   #342
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer: 1,255
Beer O'Clock ! ! !

It's time!

Avoca Hotel on South Road

Thursday night 21st February

7pm

I always eat there too, but please yourselves!

See you there!

Pete
Old 02-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #343
masterbrewer
TDMster

Old 02-16-2008, 12:45 AM   #344
27rich

Hello,

Masterbrewer, count me in on the 2nd, be good to ride with you all.

Rich
Old 02-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #345
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,617
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
Hi Big M, and other SA inmates,

Please add me to the list of SA Adv riders. I'm at Gawler and currently on a DR650SE.

Have got a ride organised this Sunday through the Barossa, out to Truro etc (10 riders), and another one to and in the Flinders in April (abt 15 riders), both are hard pack/4WD/easy single track + half decent scenery. Might add a link here to the ride reports on dirt bike world if that's okay.

Both rides have a component of bakery and pub inclusions - sort of like 'pit stops'.

cheers,
Gday, cause I joined this ride does that mean I have joined SA Adv riders ?
Will do more with Trev if invited of course....must join MB some day as well.

Terry
TerryK is online now   Reply With Quote