Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #451
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,497
For those that don't know how to upload photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Been There
I would post some pics of the day but don't know how.

Two ways to upload piccies to Adv

1. One pic per post:

After you click reply to thread you will see in the options section below the message section; click "add attachments" & just follow your nose. (depends on your photo, but you may have to adjust the size of your photo to meet Adv requirements of 146.5kb but thats easy too in photoshop, click save for web option under File & adjust size.

If you make the dimensions 800 x 600 the photo will be just the right full screen size.

The Image doesn't appear in preview for some unknown reason but it appears in submitted post

2. Numerous photos per post:

Upload to a web photo hosting site like Photobucket (free) or Smugmug . Then copy the "img" link at the base of your uploaded photo, then paste in the message.

(don't forget to consider clicking the resizing option to make the image 800 x 600 (15" screen) as you upload them to photobucket, which is a full screen image without exceeding the page.

Good luck

There's now no reason to not show all the fun .....good or..............err bad

Remember "a picture tells a thousand words" now let's see 'em all, even the one from recent rides revisited etc

........waiting... waiting...

Cheers

Thanks Brett for this gem
Attached Images

masterbrewer screwed with this post 06-05-2008 at 03:47 PM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 AM   #452
masterbrewer
TDMster

1WD has just uploaded his piccies to the ride report

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...03#post7093203

Thanks 1WD

Cheers

masterbrewer screwed with this post 06-05-2008 at 05:28 AM
Old 06-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #453
masterbrewer
TDMster

Uploading Photos hints

Thanks 1WD for your efforts.

Now for anyone interested, if we can encourage the guys to pick out a few or all their best shots, add captions & take it to the next level to directly upload them to the thread as per;

Quote:
Numerous photos per post: Upload to a web photo hosting site like Photobucket (free). Then copy the "img" link at the base of your uploaded photo, then paste in the message posting section

to end up something like this below;

(don't forget to consider clicking the resizing option to make the image 800 x 600 (15" screen) as you upload them to photobucket, which is a full screen image without exceeding the page. This one's a bit big @ 1024 x 768) as you end up overlapping the page, but no real dramas just a bit of experience fine tuning in order to share your fun.)

"Aahhh!! isn't she a lovely black beauty amongst the group"

plus include a link, like 1WD has done above to the rest of their photos eg, http://photobucket.com/DBWJUNE08
we can get everyone creating easy to make, fantastic ride reports.

I'm only trying to help those not familiar with uploading piccies & I hope it all helps to share the fun.

I only take so many piccies personally, coz at my age, I see it as insurance before dementia sets in.

Cheers

masterbrewer screwed with this post 06-05-2008 at 06:07 PM
Old 06-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #454
masterbrewer
TDMster

Here's DrBlues piccies: http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn144/mdoherty/

Old 06-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #455
gixxer-rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
hey guys
great site, it was recommended by a mate that resides here
any way a friend and i both own dr650 and we are looking at doing adelaide to rocky via innaminka to emerald. we have gotten the safari 30l tanks,racks and bags and an tomtom rider 2 gps. wondering where in adelaide we can get the tube type tyre repair kits and also any other hints for the long journey which is about 5500k,s in september
gixxer-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:35 AM   #456
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer-rider
hey guys
great site, it was recommended by a mate that resides here
any way a friend and i both own dr650 and we are looking at doing adelaide to rocky via innaminka to emerald. we have gotten the safari 30l tanks,racks and bags and an tomtom rider 2 gps. wondering where in adelaide we can get the tube type tyre repair kits and also any other hints for the long journey which is about 5500k,s in september
Welcome gixxer!

Tyrepliers have great kits. Check them out here! I also ordered a set of their longer levers as well as the short ones that come with the kit:

http://victoriancampertrailers.com.a...4b44cb322247bf

Check out a list of stuff I took for 8 months living off my bike (towards the bottom of this page):

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...116544&page=39
Old 06-09-2008, 04:27 AM   #457
Alrighty
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hi Guys,

This is my first entry to SA Adv Riders, so hi and I hope all is well? Since signing up I have read loads of stories and experiences on this site and enjoyed looking and the pics and the very handy information that are on show.

So a bit about me. I am a beginner in the dirt bike scene I have a 2007 DR650 and that is one wicked bike and so much fun. I have done a bit of riding on dirt finding empty paddocks to get used to the handling, yep she's different to the road bike. I've read Gixxer-rifder speel and I might be interested in doing the September trip through the desert. I might as well. Currently I have, the Ventura Rack and bag and the 30L litre monster of a tank when I go for these trips, maybe September??

Where is a good place to start on my dirt bike adventures?

I also have 2 road bikes 2008 CBR600RR and a 1997 Ducati 916 SPS which will be up for sale in the next couple of weeks as I would like to get a 1100 Ducati Hypermotard. So if anyone or know of someone who is interested throw me a line.

Cheers guys. That's a little bit about me.
Alrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:38 AM   #458
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrighty
Hi Guys,

This is my first entry to SA Adv Riders, so hi and I hope all is well? Since signing up I have read loads of stories and experiences on this site and enjoyed looking and the pics and the very handy information that are on show.

So a bit about me. I am a beginner in the dirt bike scene I have a 2007 DR650 and that is one wicked bike and so much fun. I have done a bit of riding on dirt finding empty paddocks to get used to the handling, yep she's different to the road bike. I've read Gixxer-rifder speel and I might be interested in doing the September trip through the desert. I might as well. Currently I have, the Ventura Rack and bag and the 30L litre monster of a tank when I go for these trips, maybe September??

Where is a good place to start on my dirt bike adventures?

I also have 2 road bikes 2008 CBR600RR and a 1997 Ducati 916 SPS which will be up for sale in the next couple of weeks as I would like to get a 1100 Ducati Hypermotard. So if anyone or know of someone who is interested throw me a line.

Cheers guys. That's a little bit about me.
Mate, keep your eyes on this forum (link below). We organise a mixture of adventure/enduro rides throughout the year, some north, some south, some outback (Flinders etc), couple of guys are away at Finke as we speak. Look forward to you joining us soon.
http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/f...splay.php?f=24

cheers

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:07 AM   #459
gixxer-rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
thanks to all

thanks for making people feel welcome
onya humanone for the links, that is just what i was looking for, and also the gear to carry as that will be invaluble. alrighty sounds like you maybe want to come for a ride to qld with me then check out the route on
http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/...ck-to-adelaide
this run may not include the stop over on the sunshine coast so it will then be rocky to hebel the back way.
i have got a dr650se with 30l tank, rack and bags and tomtom r 2 as well.
maybe need to get a few things sorted fairly soon for the trip so let me know. also i am home in a week and need to get my bum on the seat so would you be up for a ride or two.
gixxer-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:01 AM   #460
Alrighty
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thanks DrTrev for the link. Yep Gixxer-rider is spot on, thanks for making us newcomers feel welcome.

To you Gixxer-rider yep I am in for this trip. 'Lock it in Eddy'. I have to start somewhere.

Cheers Guys.
Alrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:06 AM   #461
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Got myself a 625
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #462
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
Me and a mate are going to ride down on the DR's to watch the 24 HR trial on Sat 12th July, find a good vanatge spot and camp the night.

DRTrev has offered to deliver some fire wood and esky out to where we camp.

Anyone want to meet, drink some piss and dribble shit while watching the trial?

Cheers

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #463
LOFTYBOB
Burning up 98 Octane

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo
Me and a mate are going to ride down on the DR's to watch the 24 HR trial on Sat 12th July, find a good vanatge spot and camp the night.

DRTrev has offered to deliver some fire wood and esky out to where we camp.

Anyone want to meet, drink some piss and dribble shit while watching the trial?

Cheers
I normally head out for a couple of hours to watch the action, let us know where you are camping and I'll try to catch up.
Regards Bob
Old 06-23-2008, 04:03 AM   #464
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFTYBOB
I normally head out for a couple of hours to watch the action, let us know where you are camping and I'll try to catch up.
Regards Bob
No worries Bob, will keep in touch

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 AM   #465
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
I went last year with a mate, and plan to be back there again this year with a few people.

Not sure where we plan to watch, but would like to meet up also.
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote