n00b

Oddometer: 5
Can't make tonight but see you sat morning
Been There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:56 AM   #498
1WD
KTM Tragic

Oddometer: 776

Some of the action from today... I threw together this vid of Dave havin' a bit of fun down on Lake Alexandrina.

Pics to follow from all involved.
1WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #499
MikeF
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 353
Ktm??

Well! What a great day. Was as cold as in the morning, and didn't get much better during the day, but at least the rain held off.

And the TDM 900, in stock street trim, performed like an absolute trooper in some very auspicious, and much better equipped company.

Won't mention the KTM falling over and I had to help pick it up , or the fact that the TDM quietly went up a particular sand hill, past the KTM, who was bogged. And that I know how to put KTM indicators back together after only having looked at one for 5 seconds.

Anyway, I had a couple of scary moments myself, so I can't claim to have had the prefect ride, but considering the TDM is in street trim, and my dirt experience is over 15 years old and well out of date, I was stoked with the way it and I performed. Didn't fall off, no damage for the day and heaps of fun, so that is a great day out as far as i'm concerned.

Nice video A :)

Thanks to Kym for organising it. I had a great day, best fun I've had in years. Look forward to doing it again.

Photos

MikeF

MikeF screwed with this post 07-05-2008 at 02:15 PM
MikeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #500
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,504

Yes it was a nice easy riding day enjoyed by everyone I think.

Pity we just missed "Ruddie" at Milang though. (I think not )

Ride report following but a picture tells a thousand words & this is the current state of the part of the lower Murray Lakes
Attached Images

masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #501
Been There
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Just want to say what a great time I had. Cheers Kim. Arren, love the vid, but I wish I had known you were filming. I would have made it a bit more interesting to view - like falling off. I'm still trying to work out how to post the vid's & photos I took. Kim, maybe you could post the ones I sent you like big A's half mono.
Been There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #502
masterbrewer
TDMster

Great stuff guys

The ride report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...10#post7345810

The area in better times: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...r&source=embed

Just one of those relaxing type rides with a bit of excitement thrown in from time to time to get the heart pumping .

Thanks for the company guys.

cya soon

Cheers

TDMKym

(PS Hey Dave, I didn't see the KTM mono, only the rev limited roar as he blasted past & on the flats trying to avoid getting any mud on it.
Keep trying, you'll get the hang of posting , at least you're back on line again that's a start )

masterbrewer screwed with this post 07-07-2008 at 12:07 AM
Old 07-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #503
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,203
Hey MB,

just letting you and the other ADV guys know that a few of us are meeting out at the Yamaha 24 Trial on Sat and Sun. Kipo (wants to compete next year) is riding down from Pt Augusta with a mate and Bernie and I are meeting them with some firewood and essentials (beer/ice). Looks like we might be near the Ariel Club guys (Hards and Co) just off Hansen Rd, north west of Hansborough Bridge between Kapunda and Eudunda.

UPDATE: seems that the Ariel spot is on private property and no bikes/vehicle allowed, so give me a ring if you're out that way Kym and I'll let you know where we are.

Some are camping and others just making it out them during the day. I'll have the white Rodeo tray-top out there.

Some DBW riders are competing.

Feel free......

"Just having a crack"

Aussie Trev screwed with this post 07-08-2008 at 04:17 AM
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #504
masterbrewer
TDMster

Thanks for the heads up Trev, but I have been prebooked to go to a birthday party for some one older than us and I wanna see what it's like at that age

I think Charlie was still keen though.

Cheers
Old 07-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #505
face scrape 2001
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
new rider coming onto forum

Welcome to Dave W, an F650 rider from Adelaide's west,
hope you can find what you need here.
Brian.
face scrape 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #506
RamJet57
sometimes the tranni

Oddometer: 219
Interstate camp bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
Hey Kipo, I reckon you should find Ian and his service crew van and make friends very quickly...there's half a chance he's reasonably well catered for!

Will arrive Friday arvo and are staying near Kapunda in a cabin, I'm told.
Come and say hello.
ian
RamJet57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #507
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmarrbi
Will arrive Friday arvo and are staying near Kapunda in a cabin, I'm told.
Come and say hello.
ian
No worries Ian,

We'll keep a look out for the truck. There's a slight chance that I might end up having a problem getting there though, there's a job brewing at work which might drag me away but my riding mates, Bernie and Paul, will be out that way if I don't make it. We were going to start off at the Kapunda start line around noon and work our way out from there.

Don't worry Kipo, Bernie will just take over my job regarding your requirements if I don't get there.....duty calls.

cheers

"Just having a crack"
Old 07-10-2008, 04:15 AM   #508
Hards
Pretender

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
Hey MB,

just letting you and the other ADV guys know that a few of us are meeting out at the Yamaha 24 Trial on Sat and Sun. Kipo (wants to compete next year) is riding down from Pt Augusta with a mate and Bernie and I are meeting them with some firewood and essentials (beer/ice). Looks like we might be near the Ariel Club guys (Hards and Co) just off Hansen Rd, north west of Hansborough Bridge between Kapunda and Eudunda.

UPDATE: seems that the Ariel spot is on private property and no bikes/vehicle allowed, so give me a ring if you're out that way Kym and I'll let you know where we are.

Some are camping and others just making it out them during the day. I'll have the white Rodeo tray-top out there.

Some DBW riders are competing.

Feel free......
Hi Folks, Yes Ariel have this control and as Trev say it's on that road, control 5 From what I'm told it's just off the road and anyone is most welcome to come say hello have a beer or pitch a tent provided you are of good character and don't ride a ktm ( one in the same if you ask me) Donations of firewood most gratefully accepted.

I don't know how speccy the viewing will be but I do know it will be fff ffff ffff ffffuuuffffff fff cold.

See you there hombres.
Hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:02 AM   #509
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards
Hi Folks, Yes Ariel have this control and as Trev say it's on that road, control 5 From what I'm told it's just off the road and anyone is most welcome to come say hello have a beer or pitch a tent provided you are of good character and don't ride a ktm ( one in the same if you ask me) Donations of firewood most gratefully accepted.

I don't know how speccy the viewing will be but I do know it will be fff ffff ffff ffffuuuffffff fff cold.

See you there hombres.
That's great Rob, we might just firm up on that. If Kipo and Phil can camp there and the rest of us can call in and watch the action, I'll either bring or organise (or Bernie will bring) a tray top of old Ghan railway sleepers for the fire. I've told Kipo about the weather......let's hope he doesn't over indulge in the red wine and fall over somwhere on the way to bed, he'll be found frozen solid in the morning.

see you at some stage - I hope.

"Just having a crack"
Old 07-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #510
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer: 1,255
Again - Masterbrewer - I love your work!

Kym, nice write up as usual and a very informative view of what is happening down at the lower lakes. I was when I heard that if this area didn't get water soon that the Sulphuric Acid that will then be present will be enough to burn your skin Very bad! Especially if you're a fish!

Looking forward to your next report!