Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #661
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
Hi MB, Just so there's no backing out on my part this time, I'll tell you that I'M NOT riding with you on Sunday. Have fun!

...errr

masterbrewer screwed with this post 01-08-2009 at 08:58 PM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #662
drblue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Been itching for a ride, I'll be there.
Windy Point Lookout, near top of Belair Rd 8am.

Michael.
drblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #663
Aussie Jase
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer

"on the rum" .................................
Hmm no Rum what happened?

Thanks for the WEEE ride to remember, a very relaxing AAAAHHHhhhh day was had by all I reckon, well at least one of us!

But Gees I am hanging for a venison burger now, going to grab one on the way back from surfing tomorrow!

Ok ok, cheap shot, but someone had to do it, thanks for another great day of bikes, bakeries, turning left no right, hang on it was left, laughs and kicking up dust.

Jase

Aussie Jase screwed with this post 01-11-2009 at 01:51 AM
Aussie Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #664
masterbrewer
TDMster

The Wee Ride South 11th January

A fantastic easy riding day in fabulous weather with plenty of thrills & no spills.

Report's in the making

Thanks for the company

(sorry about such short notice)

masterbrewer screwed with this post 01-11-2009 at 08:37 PM
Old 01-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #665
kano650
more cowbell

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer

kano650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #666
masterbrewer
TDMster

OK ............................... here's the fun

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422893

masterbrewer screwed with this post 01-12-2009 at 02:11 AM
Old 01-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #667
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Looks like you chaps have been having a ball :-)

I went for a ride in the New Zealand mountains on the west coast on a little DRZ400 nice bikes :-) and do you know what... no pictures at all (well not of the ride at least)

The most amazing part... you can ride through creeks and you can see what you are riding over, i went about 50m straight up (and then down) a steep creek and could see every rock and hole in the dam thing, shed loads better than riding in the water in south oz... brown, or non-existant.

I have added another 3 nutters to the list as well.
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #668
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,316
Looks like another good ride MB, I wished I had seen this as I would have come along too.

My fault for not keeping a closer eye on up & coming rides on ADV Rider.

Cheers, Sol..
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #669
masterbrewer
TDMster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Rozenberg
Looks like another good ride MB, I wished I had seen this as I would have come along too. My fault for not keeping a closer eye on up & coming rides on ADV Rider.Cheers, Sol..
Apologies for such short notice Sol, I didn't know I had any free time until Thursday.

The ride turned into another terrific free flowing blast over mostly slippery, smooth undulating but unfortunately a bit dusty for the guys at the back roads, although you don't really want to hear that now I suppose . You wooda love it on a new F800gs

If you subscribe to this thread for immediate email notification you should be right for the next one.

As I wasn't receiving all subscription notifications, the mods have informed me that they are having trouble with some email providers, so Gadget Boy suggested I open a gmail.com address for immediate ADV email notification of subscriptions & then link it to your usual email address for immediate onforwarding of any ADV subscriptions . All's good now won't miss a thing (I think!).

Cya soon

masterbrewer screwed with this post 01-12-2009 at 11:11 PM
Old 01-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #670
XIE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Gents,

New rider and forum member in SA. Interested in learning the ropes from the more experience guys here. Will keep an eye on this thread for rides to attend.

dave
XIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #671
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,896
Welcome Dave, First thing you need to do is buy a bigger belt to accomodate the 'bakery' stops.

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #672
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,227
Hot damn! I so miss the South Aussie bakeries. Over in the east they can't make a pastie to save their lives (that's if they've even heard of the word), and vanilla slices are just rubber. Ask for a beesting and they look blankly at you (in other words, normal service applies ).

I wish Villies would open a bakery cafe here like the one off South Rd. Every time I come back over I make a point of going there, and that fantastic steak sandwich caravan at Cavan too.

I'll probably get arrested for saying this, but could someone please blow up the balfours factory? Their excuses for pies and pasties is a permanent and wretched stain on the otherwise excellent reputation of croweater bakeries.
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:21 AM   #673
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla
Hot damn! I so miss the South Aussie bakeries. Over in the east they can't make a pastie to save their lives (that's if they've even heard of the word), and vanilla slices are just rubber. Ask for a beesting and they look blankly at you (in other words, normal service applies ).

I wish Villies would open a bakery cafe here like the one off South Rd. Every time I come back over I make a point of going there, and that fantastic steak sandwich caravan at Cavan too.

I'll probably get arrested for saying this, but could someone please blow up the balfours factory? Their excuses for pies and pasties is a permanent and wretched stain on the otherwise excellent reputation of croweater bakeries.
Had a memorable cornish pastie at the Central Market just b4 xmas - all perfect - unbelievable (bakery at the nth end of the market). I also had a top stout from the tap at Norton Summit Hotel - shame I was riding the hills in a silver aurion hire car with Qld plates that read Qld the Smart State

Must get back there on a bike soon. Heading to Power vs Swans NAB Cup game at Manuka in Feb - still an ex pat.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:42 AM   #674
johno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,911
GodSilla, I am with you. Every time I go to Adelaide, I go to Villies for breakfast. Got to be the best place around.

We have a couple of good bakeries in Mount Gambier, but Littles BP Roadhouse at Kingston up the Coorong takes some beating

Wheres that big belt, mite need it.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #675
XIE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Thanks for the motivation to get to the gym fellas! I am getting a DR650 as my first bike and cant wait to hit some back roads.

I am only new to SA and don't know much about this fine state. All I know is Unley Road, Cross Road, Toll Gate, Freeway, Handorf-Woodside Turnoff, Road to Woodside and then finally woodside!

Think I might need some guiding when I start getting out on the road with you guys...
XIE is offline   Reply With Quote