Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #691
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIE
That sounds awesome. Will have to do that!

Will hit you up when ready. By the way, what jackets and pants does everyone here use?

I've just taken advantage of the offer of $250 for pants and jersey (to your door) from Klim (dirtworx.com.au). I got over boot Dakar pants with pockets and zippered vents + lots of adjustment and a Mojave jersey which is also vented and padded to fit over a pressure suit. Can't wait to use them. Great price/quality and service (see thread on the Australia leg of Regionals) .
Other than that I'm into Dririder and have one of their Rallycross Evo jackets.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:32 AM   #692
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,267
I just unzip the linings out of my regular gear- on my Acerbis suit both the thermal and the waterproof linings remove so it is cool enough.

I dont want to look like a cross between Darth Vader and a pair of Elles unmentionables like some of the wankers you see wobbling around.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #693
XIE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Just ordered the First gear Kathmandu Jacket and Pants in sand/grey. Going to get a Nolan N102 and pick up the bike on Tuesday.
XIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:48 AM   #694
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,527

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla
Ain't you in luck buddy! Gawler Ranges encompasses Lake Gairdener. So what? I hear you thinking (Yes, I am omnipitent. Check the name).
In the near future? How does March 9th - 13th sound.
Fun on the way? How does Land Speed Racing sound? 300mph plus.
Good routes? The ride in is good, the ride out can skirt the western side of the lake (see a good map) for added excitement.

Go here for info, check out some of the photos for a look at the most exotic hand-built machines in the southern hemisphere. I've never seen so many superchargers in one place - ever. Open exhausts, exotic fuels, no limits. I don't use this word lightly (unlike others) but it is truly awesome.

http://www.dlra.org.au/2009.htm see ya there!
I was considering a ride out there, but I didn't think they have received permission from the relevant indigenous stakeholders for 2009 event yet. DLRA have been trying to get these indigenous stakeholders to a meeting for some time without any success.

Pity
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #695
Aussie Jase
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIE
Gents,

New rider and forum member in SA. Interested in learning the ropes from the more experience guys here. Will keep an eye on this thread for rides to attend.

dave
Dave,
Welcome aboard.
what do you ride mate?
I will be happy to give you pointers on dropping a 640 in the mud and 10 easy steps to building a crap shelter.
One thing I can promise is we spend as much time talking about the ride as we do laughing about it and believe it or not we do spend a bit of time riding too!

Jase
Aussie Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #696
XIE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Picked up my 2008 DR650SEK9 today from Peter Stevens motorcycles. Love getting in the mud and getting dirty! Being in the Army kinda make that a need aswell.

Looking at getting some panniers in the next few weeks and then some more serious mods(tank, bars etc) later on in the year once I am off my Ls.

dave
XIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:28 AM   #697
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIE
Picked up my 2008 DR650SEK9 today from Peter Stevens motorcycles. Love getting in the mud and getting dirty! Being in the Army kinda make that a need aswell.

Looking at getting some panniers in the next few weeks and then some more serious mods(tank, bars etc) later on in the year once I am off my Ls.

dave
Hi Dave,

Should be run in and sorted in time for this

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=51334

Cheers

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #698
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer

I was considering a ride out there, but I didn't think they have received permission from the relevant indigenous stakeholders for 2009 event yet. DLRA have been trying to get these indigenous stakeholders to a meeting for some time without any success.

Pity
I've been checking their website for details, and confirmation that the local indigenous people have given approval, and you're right, they haven't got it yet. It's a major frustration, as the last 2 meetings had to be cancelled due to the salt being wet, and this year it looks to be ideal conditions, lots of blokes champing at the bit with 3 years work ready to be taken out and tested on the big white dyno.
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #699
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer

Pity
Hi MB, assuming its a goer, I'd been keen to ride out for a look. What about ya Trev, Bernie and CharlieW??

Cheers Kipo

Old 01-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #700
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,447
Update: I just spoke to a mate (DLRA race director) and there is a meeting in melb. next weekend, should be a bit clearer after that.
Apparently the local indigenous people are making a claim on the lake and surrounding property, so while that is in train there is a rerquirement for an indegenous land use agreement, which has been dragging on and on for a while now. I guess we'll know more in around 8 or 9 days.
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:47 AM   #701
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo
Hi MB, assuming its a goer, I'd been keen to ride out for a look. What about ya Trev, Bernie and CharlieW??

Cheers Kipo
You're a mind reader Kipo. Bernie and I discussed this over our pasties at Truro this morning. We're interested but not commiting at this stage. What ya got planned?

"Just having a crack"
Old 01-25-2009, 02:58 AM   #702
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
You're a mind reader Kipo. Bernie and I discussed this over our pasties at Truro this morning. We're interested but not commiting at this stage. What ya got planned?
Nothing planned at this stage, just saw the speed trials at Lake Gardiner and thought 'what a good idea for an adventure ride'. If you blokes from down south want to break the trip, ride Adelaide - Port Augusta day 1, stay at my place, plenty of red wine and my famous salt and pepper squid on offer, then we head out to Mt Ive Stataion for a look. I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers

Old 01-25-2009, 03:24 AM   #703
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Nothing planned at this stage, just saw the speed trials at Lake Gardiner and thought 'what a good idea for an adventure ride'. If you blokes from down south want to break the trip, ride Adelaide - Port Augusta day 1, stay at my place, plenty of red wine and my famous salt and pepper squid on offer, then we head out to Mt Ive Stataion for a look. I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers
The only problem is that it's Mon - Fri and that interferes with work a little - no.... a lot, are you talking just one day/night out there. I was thinking of taking the Prado out there and setting up proper.. Bernie was more serious than I was.

How far is Mt Ive Station from PA? Are you going Godsilla?

"Just having a crack"
Old 01-25-2009, 03:31 AM   #704
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
The only problem is that it's Mon - Fri and that interferes with work a little - no.... a lot, are you talking just one day/night out there. I was thinking of taking the Prado out there and setting up proper.. Bernie was more serious than I was.

How far is Mt Ive Station from PA? Are you going Godsilla?
Trailer bikes to here Friday night after work, we head off sparrow fart Sat morning. Its about 190 kms to Mt Ive. Watch trials most of Saturday, camp O/night ride back Sunday, you blokes drive back Sun late arfo/evening (while I relax and have a beer).

Sounds like a plan

Old 01-25-2009, 03:33 AM   #705
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Trailer bikes to here Friday night after work, we head off sparrow fart Sat morning. Its about 190 kms to Mt Ive. Watch trials most of Saturday, camp O/night ride back Sunday, you blokes drive back Sun late arfo/evening (while I relax and have a beer).

Sounds like a plan
I'll work on it. He's been at a local winery today with a Blues band and has been sending me silly messages and ringing me letting me hear the music. I think he's going to wake up with the lampshade on his head

I'll talk to him in the morning.

Edit: I just checked and it's Monday to Friday this year. That could be a problem for us and for you!!

"Just having a crack"