User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #61
dogsbody
Occasionally lucid

Oddometer: 300
Thumb Drinks On Sunday!

Lets make it 6pm at the Avoca on South Road.

All welcome.
Just look for the bald guy eating kitchener buns and slurping beer......

Davo, I'll be off to the Market at the first opportunity for an appraisal!

Cheers,

Tony
Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #62
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,507
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:18 AM   #63
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Hello SA AdvRiders

Hello All SA Adv Riders,

I am a new Adventure riding. Please add me to the list. I just bought a KTM640 which is 3 Years old. Should arrive in 2 weeks time. I sure would like to join the "club".
I will be more than happy to join anyone for a ride of just hook up.

Cheers,

Willis
ezridermy@yahoo.com
Mobile:0400816598
OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #64
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer: 1,255
See you at the Avoca!

See you at the Avoca at 6pm tonight.

Looking forward to meeting all those that show.

Pete
Old 04-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #65
Bicks
Bicks

Oddometer: 71
Sorry i cant make it tonight fellas but my body has cracked the shits with me after fridays 715km, 12hr adventure from home to Danggali Conservation Park and back. The most hardcore day ride i have ever done by far. When i get the pics off me mate i will post a bit of a yarn.

Have a good night, catch ya at melrose!!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #66
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer: 1,255
What chew talkin' bout Willis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzAdvRider
Hello All SA Adv Riders,

I am a new Adventure riding. Please add me to the list. I just bought a KTM640 which is 3 Years old. Should arrive in 2 weeks time. I sure would like to join the "club".
I will be more than happy to join anyone for a ride of just hook up.

Cheers,

Willis
ezridermy@yahoo.com
Mobile:0400816598
G'Day Willis,

Welcome!

Come for a beer at the Avoca Hotel on South Road tonight at 6pm and introduce yourself. You'll know what Dogsbody and myself look like from the 'bakery testing' photos earlier in this thread. Get on down there.

2 weeks time for the delivery of your bike should be just in time to have a quick ride before joining us on the overnighter to Melrose.

Keep in touch and join us. It will be a great little first adventure for you if you can make it. Keep an eye on this thread for more details as we get closer to the date.

With a 640 you'll have more than enough fuel capacity to not 'sweat it' anywhere. And there appears to be a variety of accommodation on hand in Melrose, so you don't necessarily need to know and what to carry 'gear-wise' - just throw a clean pair of jocks in your jacket pocket , fuel up and bring some beer vouchers and you're there.

Cheers,

Pete

-------------------------------------------------------------

Good on ya Dogsbody! - for putting this Melrose Ride together. I'm really looking forward to getting to meet and know our friends from this forum. I've only had really positive experiences with everyone I've met around the country so far during my adventures, and now that I'm a little locked in to normal life for a while, I can't wait to have plenty of mini-adventures with our local ADVriders.

HumanOne screwed with this post 04-29-2007 at 12:06 AM
HumanOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #67
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Thank you guys

Hi Pete & Dogsbody,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am sorry I cannot come @ 6 but will like to hook up soon. I am avaliable now till 5pm though.

Cheers,

Willis
Mobile 0400816598

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanOne
G'Day Willis,

Welcome!

Come for a beer at the Avoca Hotel on South Road tonight at 6pm and introduce yourself. You'll know what Dogsbody and myself look like from the 'bakery testing' photos earlier in this thread. Get on down there.

2 weeks time for the delivery of your bike should be just in time to have a quick ride before joining us on the overnighter to Melrose.

Keep in touch and join us. It will be a great little first adventure for you if you can make it. Keep an eye on this thread for more details as we get closer to the date.

With a 640 you'll have more than enough fuel capacity to not 'sweat it' anywhere. And there appears to be a variety of accommodation on hand in Melrose, so you don't necessarily need to know and what to carry 'gear-wise' - just throw a clean pair of jocks in your jacket pocket , fuel up and bring some beer vouchers and you're there.

Cheers,

Pete

-------------------------------------------------------------

Good on ya Dogsbody! - for putting this thread together. I'm really looking forward to getting to meet and know our friends from this forum. I've only had really positive experiences with everyone I've met around the country so far during my adventures, and now that I'm a little locked in to normal life for a while, I can't wait to have plenty of mini-adventures with our local ADVriders.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:52 PM   #68
dogsbody
Occasionally lucid

Hey Bicks!

Quote:
Sorry i cant make it tonight fellas but my body has cracked the shits with me after fridays 715km, 12hr adventure from home to Danggali Conservation Park and back. The most hardcore day ride i have ever done by far. When i get the pics off me mate i will post a bit of a yarn.
Hey Bicks,
Did you do a loop from Balaklava via Burra, Danggali & Renmark?
What are the tracks thru the park like?

Cheers,

Tony
Old 04-29-2007, 01:51 AM   #69
Bicks
Bicks

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody
Hey Bicks,
Did you do a loop from Balaklava via Burra, Danggali & Renmark?
What are the tracks thru the park like?

Cheers,

Tony
Will post a propper write up with pics later. Here is a quickie.
Balaklava to Rhynie to Riverton to Point Pass to Waikerie(via pipeline rd) all good dirt rds.

North from Waikerie on station track, East to Wilkes Dam. Gps led the way after this because the track we planned to use had dissapeared . Got onto a power pole track which was awsome.

North east to Chowilla Game Reserve, North to Danggali Conservation Park. The tracks in the park were mainly hard sandy and fast(steering damper earnt it's keep!!!!). A lot of the tracks in the centre/north of the park had massive pools of water covering the whole track for anythig up to 50meters long.

Headed south west via Morgan Mail road which was verry muddy/slippery. I ran out of fuel 50km from morgan but managed to pilfer enough from my mates pod tank to get me there(8pm just before closing)

Bitumen all way home in heavy rain. Home at 9.15pm

HID high beam next investment.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:29 AM   #70
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Had a nickname change to BigM (was stalin).
I went riding out with my mate today, spent around 4 hours pushing and towing his bike after he filled the motor with water (ie cant turn it over due to water in the cylinder) ;(

I also cant walk after pushing through super sticky mud and up those dam hills. Feel sorry for my mate. Broke his goggles, front brake lever, lost a hand grip, and obviously the water damage.. 2nd ride on that bike for him too.

Im gonna sleep well tonight.

What do people think about id I stick real names after the nicks on the list? and/or color code names for bikes (orange, red, blue, yellow) im happy to can that plan if others don't want it.
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:34 AM   #71
OzAdvRider
EZrider

The real Pi Pias

Hi Guys and Tony,

Good to meet you.

The real Pi Pias is actually called Poh Piah's. I know because I come from Penang, Malaysia. We make the best Poh Piah's in the world. It is a healthy and super yummy. Here is a web site on it with pictures to boot.
http://yummydummy.blogspot.com/search/label/Poh%20Piah

Enjoy.

Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan
Tony FYI

Pi Pias

Theres a little asian resturant in the Nth East corner of the market it used to be called Malaca (not the swearword - Straits of Malaca) Corner (I think its changed its name).

The Pi Pia is an entre, basically its spring onion, ground beef, sprouts, chili, coriander, lemon flavoured with a special sweet sauce, wrapped in a light dough like wrap, it is steamed and cut into portions. Nice mix of hot, sweet, sour and yum.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:19 AM   #72
dogsbody
Occasionally lucid

Wow!

Well guys,

The best ride I've had this weekend was home from the local pub in a taxi.....
At least we were talking adventure.

Caught up with masterbrewer, HumanOne, OzAdvRider and his bro, Wal at the local for a yak.
Looks like we have a few keen starters for the Melrose "Ride & Gab Fest" on the 19th.

BigM...I was wondering what the name change was about. I noticed that the thread originator name changed and wasn't sure what was going on.
Did you get a few threats from expat Russians?

Willis.... for me to come home starving, from the pub, after a few ales, and look at a link to food is not a good idea. God, I'm hungry....again.

Bicks...Sounds like an epic one day ride! I'm surprised that you found any fuel in Morgan at that time of night. I've spent a bit of time out on the Mail road north of there but only in dry weather. (Around Balah homestead) She'd be "greasy as" out there after a bit of rain. But that generally applies to most of the secondary roads in the mid north.
Looking forward to some piccies.
Plenty of roos to experiment with "F=MxA" out there after dark. Do you really want HIDs....might be cheaper to just buy (and use) a stubbie holder at the closest pub when the sun goes down!

BigM: I'm not fussed about names & bike colours as long as its first names only. Can't speak for the others 'though.
Can you chuck 1NutCharlie on the list XR 650R

Cheers,

Tony (starvin' Marvin)
Old 04-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #73
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Our firts "Adventure ride"

Hello All,

My Bro "Walter" and I had a super duper "Adventure" @ the Avoca.

Thank you Tony, Pete and Kim for a blast. Look forward to more hook ups. I just came across many beer coupons at my door step when I got home(I DO NOT THINK IT WAS FROM WIFEY) for distribution.

Got to work on the Melrose Adventure ride.

Tony: Ha! Ha! that will teach you to stay out late

Cheers, Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody
Well guys,

The best ride I've had this weekend was home from the local pub in a taxi.....
At least we were talking adventure.

Caught up with masterbrewer, HumanOne, OzAdvRider and his bro, Wal at the local for a yak.
Looks like we have a few keen starters for the Melrose "Ride & Gab Fest" on the 19th.

BigM...I was wondering what the name change was about. I noticed that the thread originator name changed and wasn't sure what was going on.
Did you get a few threats from expat Russians?

Willis.... for me to come home starving, from the pub, after a few ales, and look at a link to food is not a good idea. God, I'm hungry....again.

Bicks...Sounds like an epic one day ride! I'm surprised that you found any fuel in Morgan at that time of night. I've spent a bit of time out on the Mail road north of there but only in dry weather. (Around Balah homestead) She'd be "greasy as" out there after a bit of rain. But that generally applies to most of the secondary roads in the mid north.
Looking forward to some piccies.
Plenty of roos to experiment with "F=MxA" out there after dark. Do you really want HIDs....might be cheaper to just buy (and use) a stubbie holder at the closest pub when the sun goes down!

BigM: I'm not fussed about names & bike colours as long as its first names only. Can't speak for the others 'though.
Can you chuck 1NutCharlie on the list XR 650R

Cheers,

Tony (starvin' Marvin)

OzAdvRider screwed with this post 04-29-2007 at 03:36 PM
Old 04-29-2007, 03:51 PM   #74
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer

Been thinkin' :uhhuh .................. errr.................... bad idea most times
Should we have a practice drinking session before the 19th?
Such a long way to travel to get it wrong
No 1 under the belt. Good evening thanks guys

Why am I getting a feelin' that there are going to be some very interesting adventures
coming up & not necessarily with the bike.

Cheers
Kym

masterbrewer screwed with this post 04-29-2007 at 06:51 PM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #75
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Count me in

Hi Guys,

I am in need of limbering up. Pls let me know when!

Kym! I got the same funny feeling too! What a night

Cheers,

Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer

No 1 under the belt. Good evening thanks guys

Why am I getting a feelin' that there are going to be some very interesting adventures
coming up & not necessarily with the bike.

Cheers
Kym