Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #7981
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJuJu View Post
Packed the bike Thursday night ready to head of for Phillip Island next Wednesday. Yesterday afternoon working on the side of a cliff I managed to completely fuck up the last cut of the day with a 4" Grinder and INOX 1mm blade. The blade grabbed, shattered and the grinder proceeded to hunt down my leg. I am a bloody idiot. Managed to get a bandage on it quick smart and scramble down the cliff to the waiting Ambulance. Had plastic surgery last night the the Doc advised against riding 2000ks to and from the Island..... I guess Casey will just have to win without me

If anyone needs proof well here is is..

......and most people just use plastic callipers to do body fat measurements.........mate, you've just taken it to a whole new level!
gonescratchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #7982
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy

Re info on the Arkapeena Track...

Thanks everyone for your info on the track. It's on the list now

Re camping at Angorichina.......

Would we need to bring much in the way of food (particularly lunch/dinner) and water, or can you pretty well get everything you need there? I know Blinman is good for pizzas, but just wasn't sure what they have at Ango - haven't stayed there before (only Wilpena/Blinman/bush camping).
Old 10-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #7983
PBee

Oddometer: 8,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonescratchin View Post
Re info on the Arkapeena Track...

Thanks everyone for your info on the track. It's on the list now

Re camping at Angorichina.......

Would we need to bring much in the way of food (particularly lunch/dinner) and water, or can you pretty well get everything you need there? I know Blinman is good for pizzas, but just wasn't sure what they have at Ango - haven't stayed there before (only Wilpena/Blinman/bush camping).
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827432

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....32&postcount=7

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....30&postcount=9

QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB Est 2011.
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #7984
OzJuJu
Team Barracuda

Oddometer: 764
The only good thing to come out of my attempted amputation is that coz the MotoGP is out of the question, I should be right for the next Flinders trip. After all the bike is already packed and raring to go.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #7985
HEKOT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Guys,

Does anyone have experience of buying a bike from interstate (Vic)? I have read some official information, but I don't realise, if it's a possible/correct/good way:
1. Order the bike inspection in Melbourne ($200)
2. If OK, go to ME, self inspect and test ride (flight $100)
3. If OK, ride to Ade (I'm happy to do it :) )
4. Undergo vehicle identity inspection. ($ ???)
-------------------------
Any pros/cons?

The bike is 20 years old, costs $4000. It's actually overpriced. They have been trying to sell it for a few months. I'm going to speak with the dealer and try to reduce the price significantly, but I need some information, if it's a good deal to buy from interstate in this particular situation.
HEKOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #7986
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJuJu View Post
The only good thing to come out of my attempted amputation is that coz the MotoGP is out of the question, I should be right for the next Flinders trip. After all the bike is already packed and raring to go.
Sounds good! (Err, in an unfortunate sort of way )
Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #7987
mcfear
now known as many things

Oddometer: 2,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo View Post
Been off on the Apex Outback Postie ride last weekend, I have to get off my arse and do a ride report but in the mean time here is some of what happened on Saturday night, it went downhill from here.

(the other blokes are just balancing the bike)

i could do that, although i only have a car not a postie, someone will have to supply the postie haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
mcfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #7988
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEKOT View Post
Guys,

Does anyone have experience of buying a bike from interstate (Vic)? I have read some official information, but I don't realise, if it's a possible/correct/good way:
1. Order the bike inspection in Melbourne ($200)
2. If OK, go to ME, self inspect and test ride (flight $100)
3. If OK, ride to Ade (I'm happy to do it :) )
4. Undergo vehicle identity inspection. ($ ???)
-------------------------
Any pros/cons?

The bike is 20 years old, costs $4000. It's actually overpriced. They have been trying to sell it for a few months. I'm going to speak with the dealer and try to reduce the price significantly, but I need some information, if it's a good deal to buy from interstate in this particular situation.
Bought my GSA off Darryl Beattie through a dealership in Sydney. Had a pre-purchase inspection done, haggled a price, then had it transported over. A good point to haggle on is the unlikely prospect of you asking the dealer to honour any warranty (which he has to put money in the kitty for) - whether you do or not is up to you.

Given the value of what you're paying (both for the bike, inspections etc), if you flew down, and didn't like it, you could be paying for an expensive flight back on short notice. If you have the time, would it be better to just drive down, and if you like it, put it on a trailer (skips the hassle of getting temporary rego)? If not, it's only 8hours and petrol to get back.

Just my 2c
Old 10-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #7989
HEKOT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonescratchin View Post
Bought my GSA off Darryl Beattie through a dealership in Sydney. Had a pre-purchase inspection done, haggled a price, then had it transported over. A good point to haggle on is the unlikely prospect of you asking the dealer to honour any warranty (which he has to put money in the kitty for) - whether you do or not is up to you.

Given the value of what you're paying (both for the bike, inspections etc), if you flew down, and didn't like it, you could be paying for an expensive flight back on short notice. If you have the time, would it be better to just drive down, and if you like it, put it on a trailer (skips the hassle of getting temporary rego)? If not, it's only 8hours and petrol to get back.

Just my 2c
Thanks, gonescratchin.

Update: I've just found out, it is not in Me. It's in Bendigo (650km from my home, 150 km from Me). It seems, the only way is to go there by car, as you described.
Pros: I will save on expert inspection and possible back flight. :)
Cons: The bike may be not in so good condition as the dealer claims => higher probability of blank shot.
HEKOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #7990
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy

Thanks PBee,

Already got those links sussed. Was just a matter of figuring if we really need to take anything at all in the way of food supplies. Looks like every things mostly covered up there (just bring a toothbrush) - was just curious if anyone had anything else to suggest.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #7991
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,310
Don't worry about the toothbrush either. They've got them too!

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #7992
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,310
Someone has got me off my backside to think about some bits I was going to purchase for the Tenere from the off the road site in Germany (thanks Arek). They have some great Tenere bits - pretty cheap too. I do notice that the shipping decreases per item the more you buy so I wondered whether anyone wanted to piggy back the delivery.

I was going to pick up some crash bars. Does anyone else want anything? I'm happy to get it all and then sort it out with you later. Obviously, I can't get too much without attracting duty, so it would be 'first in - best dressed'.

Bear in mind when looking at their gear that there is a 19% reduction in the price once the cart page works out that the items are going overseas - no VAT. I've bought stuff before, no problems.

Check them out.....

http://www.off-the-road.de/

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #7993
bwvtom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Cool2 The old days

Quote:
Me to, I didn't realise you were. What range did you work?, I worked at Whyalla.

Hi Kipo, yes Walkley Heights & Oaklands Park I did some time in the old Walkley's before it was dozed then the new one.
Oaklands is shut down now I believe and they're operating out of the Northern range only in Adelaide.
Heard on the grape vine the other day that Marshal Peters had passed away, (don't know if you knew him or not) I used to work with him a bit. "Condolences to the family".

Cheers Brett.
bwvtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #7994
bwvtom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Cool2 Crash Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateshutter View Post
why stop at just Hi Viz. ?
Well what can I say it is in KTM colours
bwvtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #7995
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Been off on the Apex Outback Postie ride last weekend, I have to get off my arse and do a ride report but in the mean time here is some of what happened on Saturday night, it went downhill from here.

(the other blokes are just balancing the bike)

Hey Kipo,
I watched that clip all the way throught because I was expecting to see YOUR smiling face emerge from under the bike.
Guess I was wrong, eh?

Cheers
Tim