Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 02:51 AM   #8206
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,527

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJuJu View Post
Trashed my bike yesterday on the Bunyeroo Gorge road. 1 busted rib, busted thumb and a punctured lung. Was having the trip of a lifetime up till that moment. In tbd HDU at Port Augusta Hospital. Grrrrr
The ride report should be a hoot!
Speedy recovery OzJuJu, I feel your pain at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Ozzy View Post
Not good, inmate Senfiddy has also come a cropper and had to finish his ride in the back of an ambulance yesterday unfortunately, I wasn't there but spoke with him on the phone afterwards as we were planning to go out today, he is battered and bruised and was knocked out cold but thankfully is OK considering and already planning his next ride,
Hopefully he will be along soon to give us all an ambulance ride report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senfiddy View Post
Jeez, not a good way to end a ride. Hope the healing process is quick.
Well ................ where's your ride report SF?

masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #8207
chewy52
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapper View Post
thanks all ... got the Repco one :)

righto ... the new (to me) DR has a crack in the subframe ... just below the passenger footpeg. The bike's clearly taken a hit there and the member is a little bent up and in. Net result is that the front pipe mount isn't where it should be and the bum end of the header rubs aainst the shock spring. I need to find someone who can bend it back into shape and weld it up - or I suppose I could cut it and reshape it prior to getting someone t weld it back together.

So: recommendations for someone in Adelaide (I'm just north of North Adelaide) who does this kind of work?

cheers,
Slap
+ 1 for Snowy Ardel. Prob won't find anyone in A delaide with more experiance than he has when it comes to m/c frame work. Opposite Marion sand and metal in the trade ctr, DG's m/c tyres are in there tooooo.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #8208
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy

Oddometer: 444
OzJuJu's (mis)adventure

After waiting at the next t-junction for a few minutes, with no sign of the others, Nick and I headed back about 4k's to find this.......

....after apparently coming wide here, hitting the grader mound, and launching onto that boulder you can see below, which he dislodged and rolled it another 2 meters.........

This was the carnage to the bike....

So after a 40 minute wait for the volunteer ambo guys to come from Hawker.....

OzJuJu farewelled us for his ride back to Pt. Augusta (via Hawker)....

His brother was on his way up to collect the bike, and Allan rode OzJuJu's bike (what was left of it) back to Wilpena with Nick following, just in time for it to start pissing out oil (he collected the boulder with he right side of the bash plate - probably a cracked casing somewhere). Despite barely hanging by a cable, the smashed speedo still worked!

Get well soon buddy.

The main RR will be on video (5 cameras and about 6 hours of footage to edit), but will get some pics up soon.
gonescratchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #8209
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 668
Bunyeroo Bike Trap

After leaving Razorback and heading towards WIlpena there is one particularly nasty left hander that almost caught me out the first time (and I still keep an eye out for it);
As you are riding along you are on a gentle downhill and can see the road about 800 meters in front of you going straight ahead so you pin it, but as you crest a small rise the actual track does a sharpish left then a right (for no apparent purpose).
Looks like similary country to where the above photos were taken.
FWIW

Cheers
Tim
Old 11-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #8210
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backonthebike View Post
After leaving Razorback and heading towards WIlpena there is one particularly nasty left hander that almost caught me out the first time (and I still keep an eye out for it);
As you are riding along you are on a gentle downhill and can see the road about 800 meters in front of you going straight ahead so you pin it, but as you crest a small rise the actual track does a sharpish left then a right (for no apparent purpose).
FWIW

Cheers
Tim
I know exactly the corner, it really sneaks up on you. I saw The Doc over shoot it one day and he never does that as he knows the roads so well. I've also over shot it.

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #8211
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo View Post
I know exactly the corner, it really sneaks up on you. I saw The Doc over shoot it one day and he never does that as he knows the roads so well. I've also over shot it.
Whew!! That makes me feel a lot better Kipo. I just put it down to having 16 year old ambitions with 60 year old reflexes.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #8212
PBee

Oddometer: 8,562
I reckon I know that spot as well, It's a right hander over a crest & you enter it to the left in case a car's coming the other way
Then it disappears down to the right after the crest....& if ya flying ya gots no where to go.... a real bum puckerer.
I was lucky enough last time to use (no skill involved) the freshly graded berm to save my sorry arse, BUT............ it was close...

QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB Est 2011.
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #8213
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev View Post
Haven't heard too much discussion about this, so I thought I'd stick it here for info. It's on today (Sunday 18th Nov) at the Gawler showgrounds.

Amongst several things being exhibited or on display is Peter from Hoey Racing, who loves talking to people about their suspension problems. Plus a heap of old bikes...

Might see you there...

http://www.gawlerexpo.com/
We went last year & thought it was a pretty good event, forgot all about it this year..
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #8214
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backonthebike View Post
FWIW

Cheers
Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
I reckon I know that spot as well, It's a right hander over a crest & you enter it to the left in case a car's coming the other way
Then it disappears down to the right after the crest....& if ya flying ya gots no where to go.... a real bum puckerer.
I was lucky enough last time to use (no skill involved) the freshly graded berm to save my sorry arse, BUT............ it was close...
Myself & a mate back in 2008 (both on KTM 625's) going way too fast did the same thing & we overshot the same corner, both went bush & somehow managed to stay upright, the rest of the journey back to base was much slower after that..
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #8215
DR Ozzy
Suzuki scum

Oddometer: 604
Unfortunately for Craig if he was a foot either way he would have just been able to pull it up in the scrub, get back on the road, and have a laugh about it later, but due to one very large boulder it wasn't to be.
DR Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #8216
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #8217
senfiddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer View Post

Well ................ where's your ride report SF?
Well, I'm embarrassed at the lack of drama, excitement and pain compared to other's reports. There's no colourful bruises to photograph and basically no memory of events.
Aaron (1WD) must have called the ambo's when he came back looking, and found me (allegedly) flailing around like an upturned turtle and subsequently being unable to correctly name the year and month.
By the time the ambo arrived, I was coherent again but thought 'Why waste a ride?' .

Thanks to Aaron for organising me back to the crash site and then trailering me and my Tranny home again.

Apologies to DR Ozzy for not going riding with him the following day.

Oh, I have a sore thumb...

Oh, and I've been trying on new Dual Sport helmets...the Zeus has met it's maker.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #8218
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,313
Terrible bad luck OJJ. All those bends (and trees for that matter) up there cause me headaches too.....

For those of you who ordered Tenere gear with my order from Off The Road, it all arrived this morning. I can't sort it out tomorrow and am off to Perth on Wednesday until the weekend, so next week guys - sorry.

I've spent the day taking the Touratech bash plate off the Tenere, fitting a B&B one and then fitting SW Motech crash bars and water pump protector. A few skun knuckles and some choice language from the garage but it's all done. The crash bars won't fit with the Touratech so it had to go (Arek Kontrol bought it).

Even took the rear wheel off so GC's can fit a new MT21 while I'm away. Gee, the inner tube mod to the cush drive worked for a while. I got 3000 kms out of it before it and the cush rubbers disintergrated. New sets from Germany at hand though.

That's the best mileage I've had out of a MT21 (3000 kms), I know others get better but the harsh trails up in the Flinders and around the Barossa rip them to shreds.

Nearly beer o'clock....

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #8219
DR Ozzy
Suzuki scum

Oddometer: 604
Hey Trev, know all about those trees, anyone that thinks trees aren't magnetic has obviously never ridden a trail bike
DR Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #8220
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Ozzy View Post
Hey Trev, know all about those trees, anyone that thinks trees aren't magnetic has obviously never ridden a trail bike
It's a jungle out there mate, a jungle!!

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote