Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #8221
PBee

Oddometer: 8,290
Ok, I'll bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev View Post
It's a jungle out there mate, a jungle!!

George of the.......

QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #8222
shannonlec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonescratchin View Post
After waiting at the next t-junction for a few minutes, with no sign of the others, Nick and I headed back about 4k's to find this.......

....after apparently coming wide here, hitting the grader mound, and launching onto that boulder you can see below, which he dislodged and rolled it another 2 meters.........

This was the carnage to the bike....

So after a 40 minute wait for the volunteer ambo guys to come from Hawker.....

OzJuJu farewelled us for his ride back to Pt. Augusta (via Hawker)....

His brother was on his way up to collect the bike, and Allan rode OzJuJu's bike (what was left of it) back to Wilpena with Nick following, just in time for it to start pissing out oil (he collected the boulder with he right side of the bash plate - probably a cracked casing somewhere). Despite barely hanging by a cable, the smashed speedo still worked!

Get well soon buddy.

The main RR will be on video (5 cameras and about 6 hours of footage to edit), but will get some pics up soon.
i hope (craig) you have a speedy recovery , and i was looking for your spot tracker to follow the ride , looking forward to your ride report chris , ill make the next one plus one more will come a mate just bought a klr all geared up for touring should organize a day trip
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Lb0GEVK4mU9eEA

shannonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 AM   #8223
senfiddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
If you're the guy (Alby?) with the Aprilia that I met in the Amberlight last Sunday, PM me and we'll arrange a ride.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 AM   #8224
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonlec View Post
........... i was looking for your spot tracker to follow the ride , looking forward to your ride report chris , ill make the next one plus one more will come a mate just bought a klr all geared up for touring should organize a day trip
Sorry Shannon, I didn't get a chance to get the SPOT sorted as far as sharing links goes.

You would have loved it, needless to say.

Was pretty warm to start with, reaching 37 the day we arrived (it was 17 when I left home that morning!). Thursday was a corker of a day doing the PAR up through to the Nucalleeena Mine, and down the Artimore track in low 30's and shocking humidity. Will save the details for the RR, but I will say despite hammering along, we had to take a few decent breaks to rehydrate - it was HOT!

The thoughts of doing a second lap that afternoon quickly disappeared into the ride.

Once things cool down a bit, I'll start getting some dates together for the next one. In the mean time, I'll get some appetizers up onto YouTube from this trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
gonescratchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #8225
shannonlec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonescratchin View Post
Sorry Shannon, I didn't get a chance to get the SPOT sorted as far as sharing links goes.

You would have loved it, needless to say.

Was pretty warm to start with, reaching 37 the day we arrived (it was 17 when I left home that morning!). Thursday was a corker of a day doing the PAR up through to the Nucalleeena Mine, and down the Artimore track in low 30's and shocking humidity. Will save the details for the RR, but I will say despite hammering along, we had to take a few decent breaks to rehydrate - it was HOT!

The thoughts of doing a second lap that afternoon quickly disappeared into the ride.

Once things cool down a bit, I'll start getting some dates together for the next one. In the mean time, I'll get some appetizers up onto YouTube from this trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
sounds like it was a blast , have you heard from craig hows he battling ?
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Lb0GEVK4mU9eEA

shannonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:09 AM   #8226
gonescratchin
aka Fipsy

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonlec View Post
sounds like it was a blast , have you heard from craig hows he battling ?
Not today - haven't had a chance to catch up with him. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see how he's going.
gonescratchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #8227
LC4nicator
Certified Wino

Oddometer: 451
Fark!........Hope ya heal up OK Craig.
Just got back from 3 days down in Robe and logged on to see what's been happening.

Someone should put a sign on that crest!

Stuff like this is never good to hear.....just glad you're still around to tell the tale.

Good Luck Mate & speedy recovery.
Con.
LC4nicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #8228
DR Ozzy
Suzuki scum

Oddometer: 582
OK who was it?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-0...-bikes/4350896
DR Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #8229
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Ozzy View Post
here we go , the fauna & flora lesbians will call for a banning of live dirt bike exports/experts

Gateshutter screwed with this post 11-21-2012 at 02:53 PM
Gateshutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #8230
DR Ozzy
Suzuki scum

Oddometer: 582
Thought the part where the farmers were calling other people enviromental vandals was pretty funny ... hello ... irony , don't see too many nature strips out in the paddocks do you, talk about clear felled, they haven't even left a single tree along the fence line for the birds to sit in.
DR Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #8231
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,724
Ive ridden in the quarry with some other inmates before it was declared a furry floral zone , I expect to see an army of Subaru Forester wagons hiding in the bushes with cameras and note pads
Old 11-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #8232
OzJuJu
Team Barracuda

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Ozzy View Post
I looked at the date and thought few!, that was lucky

On a lighter note I am out of the RAH insane asylum.... fuck me do we need a new hospital, that place is woefull. I havent slept fully since Friday night at Ango (my new favourite place) and if I spent another night in the RAH I would have been transfered directly to Pescadaro Mental Institution. I has not been a pleasant experience.

The story so far.
1. I crashed.
2. I was transported to Hawker hospital where they were too scared to XRay. (Nice people though)
3. Then sent to Pt. Augusta via the SAAS Vollies, then onto a paramedic Ambo from Quorn (more nice people although I was a bit worried about the Vollie from Hawker being a Priest as well...... you know, being able to give the last rights if you stuff up is not exactly an extra qualification I would be confident with. )
4. Port Augusta Hospital... Well it is damn well nicer than the RAH (although some of the locals are a bit interesting), the nurses were great and looked after me well. After 1 night (trying to sleep next to an Indigineous they had found face down on the street that snored louder than my wife) and many XRays they found that I have a fractured left thumb, fractured left rib, and a Haemothorax (blood entering the lung and air escaping). The doctors there have a little difficulty getting there point across as I dont think they ever learnt english but when I thought I was going home I managed to work out that he was very concerned and was transfering me to the RAH by plane. Then a very fast talking Professor rocked up an said Nahh, that'll cost I too much and told me to make my own way too Adelaide in my brothers LC ute.
5. Trip trip down was uneventful thanks to the injection of Tramadole before I left.
6. RAH, the nightmare begins.. I rocked up at A and E with my clothes bag from the trip, a wad of XRay's, and the pillow I stole from PAH. Funnily enough after the initial disbelief of the receiving clerk I didn't get a chance to sit in the waiting room, The next thing I know I am in Resus with 50 people around me doing XRays and speaking to surgeons and scaring the living bezeesus out of me. After that all settled down I was sent to the surgical ward for observation. Over the next few nights putting up with rowdy nurses, snoring inmates, doctors that looked concerned but dont tell you much and what seemed like a 1000 physiotherapist students (some were very hot!) having a look, I was transferred to another ward where I felt I was the only one not dying in the immediate future. I think the doctor that released me could see that my sanity was waning and told me that my lung collapsing had stabilised and that I could go home

Thankyou goes out the following:
The guys on the trip Chris, Paul, Nick and Alan.... it was awsome, until I crashed , they packaged my bike and gear up and liased with my Bro.... you legends,
The Vollie Ambos, you guys rock and I am proud to be one of you,
The receiving nurses at the PAH and especially Renae in the high dependency unit, and the cute radiographer I think was Penny.
The dude in the next cubicle to me at the Pt Agusta Hospital A and E. The 4 by 2 over the back of the head from your father inlaw at the Stirling North Caravan Park and the vulgarity of your wife all made my life seem infinately better
The old nurse Sue at the RAH, they should all be like her... just hotter
The Physio Student at RAH that actually helped me.
My brother who dropped everything he had on to picked up my busted bike and dragged me around the country side.

I am feeling ok and can't wait to get back on the bike... although my brownie point credit limit with the missus is a bit limited at the moment.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #8233
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJuJu View Post
and the pillow I stole from PAH.
There was an article in the local paper that someone had stolen a pillow from the local hospital, but I won't say a word.

Glad you're on the mend. Fortunately I've never had to stay at the RAH but I have visited people there, that was bad enough.

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #8234
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,165
How did your new screen go?

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #8235
PBee

Oddometer: 8,290