User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 AM   #811
XIE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Guys,

Fliners Ranges ride is being run fomr 08 - 16 August 09. Currently have a Nissan Patrol support vehicle, DR650, KLR650 x2 coming. Not doing any technical riding.

Accomodation in Adelaide is available for the concentration prior to heading up and then as a rest on the way home.

If interested let me know and if you have any good guides or material to help plan, I would be keen to get my hands on it.

XIE
XIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #812
DustySnow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Pissed stamp duty on compulsory thirds party insurance rip off

Recently recieved my registration renewal on the F800GS and noticed that the stamp duty on the compulsory third party insurance has been charged at about 23% of the premium. Recieved the registration renewal for the DR650 today and found that stamp duty on that one is about 40% of premium. As I am aware that stamp duty on general insurance is meant to be 11% checked the Revenue SA website & the stamp duty legislation & found that Schedule2, part 1 sect 1 (ab) specifies stamp duty to be $11.00 per hundred (11%). So are we all getting ripped off here or is it just me or is it motorcyclists in general? Am I missing something? If our glorious state government is ignoring their own legislation & ripping us all off, shouldnt we do something about it? Maybe we should all check our registrations & complain to Revenue SA if the same rip off has happened.
DustySnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:30 AM   #813
Daveoz31
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Another South Aussie

Hi Add me to the list of South Aussies

Cheers David from Port Pirie
Daveoz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:35 AM   #814
Daveoz31
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Any Rides this weekend in SA

Are there any rides on this weekend ? As I may have been a bit eager and the Vstrom is all loaded for the Blinman weekend which is apparently not this weekend as my Brother has informed me LA LA LA I can hear him still laughing
Daveoz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:58 AM   #815
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 4,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoz31
Are there any rides on this weekend ? As I may have been a bit eager and the Vstrom is all loaded for the Blinman weekend which is apparently not this weekend as my Brother has informed me LA LA LA I can hear him still laughing
Hi Dave,

Does that mean you are coming up to Blinman for the dirtbikeworld 'Flinders Ranges Classic II' on 22 May?

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:19 AM   #816
pops
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,503
He is a bit shy DRTrev.
But yes he would like to come for a ride to the
'Flinders Ranges Classic II' on 22 May, Next weekend, two weeks time a few weeks away . hEEE DON'T NEED FOOD OR ANYTHING (ALREADY PACKED )
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 AM   #817
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustySnow
Recently recieved my registration renewal on the F800GS and noticed that the stamp duty on the compulsory third party insurance has been charged at about 23% of the premium. Recieved the registration renewal for the DR650 today and found that stamp duty on that one is about 40% of premium. As I am aware that stamp duty on general insurance is meant to be 11% checked the Revenue SA website & the stamp duty legislation & found that Schedule2, part 1 sect 1 (ab) specifies stamp duty to be $11.00 per hundred (11%). So are we all getting ripped off here or is it just me or is it motorcyclists in general? Am I missing something? If our glorious state government is ignoring their own legislation & ripping us all off, shouldnt we do something about it? Maybe we should all check our registrations & complain to Revenue SA if the same rip off has happened.
You could be right,SA Gov. are ripping us off & don't get me started on the traffic jams caused by speed cameras on the port river expressway...how the hell they drive at 20 kph in a 90 zone just because of a radar. 4 times in the last 2 weeks. It's more danger with the camera.

I have 3 bikes with rego & it's costing heaps...so how it's going to cost even more, good news...I'm looking for an excuse to move, with sh*t drivers, speed cameras everywhere, bikie laws etc. Might just have to move up the country. End of rave

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #818
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK
I'm looking for an excuse to move, with sh*t drivers, speed cameras everywhere, bikie laws etc. Might just have to move up the country. End of rave

I'm with you Tel......let's take over Blinman!

Apparently, starting on the 22nd of May for a short period they are having street festivities every afternoon, beginning around 1600ish - lasting 8 - 10 hrs I'm told .

I just hope I don't have to catch a plane home this time......(support your local RFDS)

"Just having a crack"
Old 05-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #819
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
He is a bit shy DRTrev.
But yes he would like to come for a ride to the
'Flinders Ranges Classic II' on 22 May, Next weekend, two weeks time a few weeks away . hEEE DON'T NEED FOOD OR ANYTHING (ALREADY PACKED )
Good to see. My gear, and bikes for that matter, are all washed, repaired, greased and boxed, ready to go too. Will be over 30 riders, mixed into groups of adventure types, fast/medium enduro and sightseers out for a casual ride (me) - something for everyone. The riding options up there are endless - as you know.

Am really looking forward to this one. Will catch up for a beer or three - bringing the sidecar??

"Just having a crack"
Old 05-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #820
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,751
Quote:
I have 3 bikes with rego & it's costing heaps...so how it's going to cost even more, good news...I'm looking for an excuse to move, with sh*t drivers, speed cameras everywhere, bikie laws etc. Might just have to move up the country. End of rave
I've got some excellent properties here for sale, give me a call

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #821
TerryK
Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo
I've got some excellent properties here for sale, give me a call
After spending from south rd bridge to Pt wakefield bridge 90kph zone in 1st & 2nd gear yet again & only because of a frigen speed camera..once past it we were back to 90 I'm tempted to move up your way Kipo.

Either the speed camera should piss off or the drivers piss off..perhaps both, this is bullsh*t.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:11 AM   #822
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,751
Quote:
After spending from south rd bridge to Pt wakefield bridge 90kph zone in 1st & 2nd gear yet again & only because of a frigen speed camera..once past it we were back to 90 I'm tempted to move up your way Kipo.

Either the speed camera should piss off or the drivers piss off..perhaps both, this is bullsh*t.
Mate, no traffic jams here, leave home at 8.20am and be at work by 8.30 or more importantly leave work at 5.00pm and be home by 5.10 would be quicker but you have to slow down for the high school. And the best bit is met your mates at the BP servo about 2km from home then ride DIRT all the way to Para and Blinman

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:15 AM   #823
pops
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,503
Better still TerryK.
Leave home for work 7.15 am ride down the track next to the railwayline hit a few whoops then through bit of sand hills down a single track.Then over the railwayline into work at 7.30. Nice ride in winter. Nice and warm when you get to work . No speed cameras or speed limits you just have to watch out for roos.

Kipo has a house for sale right across the road from us.
(renovators delight.)

The only down side is you will have to put up with the noisy bikes out in the sandhills most nights and weekends.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:56 AM   #824
TerryK
Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
Better still TerryK.
Leave home for work 7.15 am ride down the track next to the railwayline hit a few whoops then through bit of sand hills down a single track.Then over the railwayline into work at 7.30. Nice ride in winter. Nice and warm when you get to work . No speed cameras or speed limits you just have to watch out for roos.

Kipo has a house for sale right across the road from us.
(renovators delight.)

The only down side is you will have to put up with the noisy bikes out in the sandhills most nights and weekends.
Noisy bikes in the sandhills.....no problems

Old 05-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #825
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Tel, Tel - stop it. This is just one of those fancy talking real estate agents trying to sell you something you don't need. Mate, we're talking about Pt Augusta here! I'm sure you had something like Moonta or Pine Point in mind - not some crazy mixed place like 'Pord Auguda'.

If all else fails - come to Gawler. BTW, I've got some 450 sm blocks for sale out on the Barossa Valley Highway......

"Just having a crack"