Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #10216
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 4,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbilly View Post
8.30 ok, see ya then
No probs Billy, you, Marty and I at 0830 at BP.. short deviation to avoid some road closures but should be all good.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #10217
Rumbleguts
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazza View Post

Does a bear crap in the woods...
I think Matty is asking "do I use the finger or the paper"?
Rumbleguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #10218
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Great day out to Sedan and back for the trial. Road closures ended up being a non issue as we were travelling at the right times. Some slippery bits but mostly good traction all the way. Just Kiz, Billy and self..

Met up with heaps of our forum mates including Desert Matt, Kipo, Valleyam, Rich, Jizza, Ben, PB49, Cain, Smokey and lots of others.

Their track conditions were fantastic and after they'd left the start we shot out to one of the timed sections at the bottom of Pine Hut Rd and watched everyone roll in over a couple of hours...Kipo even commented that the transport sections were good fun. Then he lit it up for the spectators doing a mono off the line whilst Valleyam lost direction and tried to kill an ageing watcher....

Back to Sedan in time to see Capt Kaos trailering his DRZ home. Ended up he was a DNF due to tyre/tube problems but he was rapt in the handling of the troubled Suzi.

Quick trip home via our same route, almost, in time to get organised for a night out at Lobethal. Good day, great conditions and fun on the Cat...

Well done to all who competed, you looked like you were having fun.

"Just having a crack"

Aussie Trev screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 04:30 PM
Old 05-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #10219
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,751
Has Aussie Trev got super hearing?

Good to see Aussie Trev, Billy and Kiz out for a look. I caught up with them at the last section.

Trev wonders off, about 60 metres away to get some photos. I said to Billy and Kiz had the taken the new Triumph for a spin, to which they replied no. I said don't worry about Trev, just jump on in and give it a flogging.

At this point Trev looks over and starts waiving the keys and laughing as much to say "you wont get far without these"

How the fuck did he hear me that far away? I tell ya the man has got super human ears or something

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #10220
KIZ
Marty

Oddometer: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo View Post
Good to see Aussie Trev, Billy and Kiz out for a look. I caught up with them at the last section.

Trev wonders off, about 60 metres away to get some photos. I said to Billy and Kiz had the taken the new Triumph for a spin, to which they replied no. I said don't worry about Trev, just jump on in and give it a flogging.

At this point Trev looks over and starts waiving the keys and laughing as much to say "you wont get far without these"

How the fuck did he hear me that far away? I tell ya the man has got super human ears or something
Bionic coclia transplant
KIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #10221
KIZ
Marty

Started out a great ride with DR Ozzy,80k of dirt roads and rail maintenance tracks, till we got to The Rocks. After stopping the bike, to watch Ozzy ride through a deep gully the DR would not start. The battery was stuffed. Lucky for me some 4WD drivers came up the track and was able to give me a jump start. Best to abandon the ride through to Clare and head home,and not stop the bike. Ozzy went on to enjoy the conditions . Hope you have a good time mate. Battery nearly 5 years old, and not charged between rides. Wouldn't start the bike after I got home either. Least I wasnt that far from home , last time it happened on a different bike I had to ride home from Balranald
Old 05-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #10222
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIZ View Post
Started out a great ride with DR Ozzy,80k of dirt roads and rail maintenance tracks, till we got to The Rocks. After stopping the bike, to watch Ozzy ride through a deep gully the DR would not start. The battery was stuffed. Lucky for me some 4WD drivers came up the track and was able to give me a jump start. Best to abandon the ride through to Clare and head home,and not stop the bike. Ozzy went on to enjoy the conditions . Hope you have a good time mate. Battery nearly 5 years old, and not charged between rides. Wouldn't start the bike after I got home either. Least I wasnt that far from home , last time it happened on a different bike I had to ride home from Balranald
Bad luck Marty, didn't we talk about batteries yesterday morning?? Sorry.

And Kipo, I left a listening device in my jacket which was near you and then blue toothed it to my phone......old habits........

"Just having a crack"
Old 05-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #10223
chicky
BMW Rider

Oddometer: 427
Talking Bike Trial.

Hi Kipo..

What was the results .....

Chicky ...
chicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #10224
Valleyam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo View Post

I dont know about hearing, but he can move pretty quickly
Valleyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #10225
KIZ
Marty

Quote:
Did some testing this arvo on the Battery and cableing. Ended up finding a high resistant connection where the negative battery lead connected to the engine case. So i moved it to another bolt, now it starts.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #10226
PBee

Oddometer: 7,648
Quote:
Did some testing this arvo on the Battery and cableing. Ended up finding a high resistant connection where the negative battery lead connected to the engine case. So i moved it to another bolt, now it starts.
Shit Mate, I know a sparky if'n ya need a hand................

QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUBEst 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the ANGORICHINA Village

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #10227
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky View Post
Hi Kipo..

What was the results .....

Chicky ...
Hi Chicky, Finished ok no offs and no bike issues. Results not out yet.

Cheers, Kipo

Old 05-26-2013, 02:34 AM   #10228
PBee

Oddometer: 7,648
Good stuff Kipo, I'm heading up to watch Robbo.
R u entering?

QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUBEst 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the ANGORICHINA Village

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:31 AM   #10229
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
Good stuff Kipo, I'm heading up to watch Robbo.
R u entering?
Yep, plan is to do the whole series.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #10230
DS Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Hiya Fellas

Hi Guys,
I've been lurking this thread for a while now and thought it about time i said Gday. - Seems no-one is any more mental than i'm used to.
I'm originally from brissy but am now living in the mid north of SA, about an hour or so north of burra. Ive been off bikes for a long time but now being so close to the flinders/lake frome and an assortment of other great places i thought what better time to get back into it? I'm riding an F650 Dakar atm and my partner is on her L's which is something i feel really lucky about. Awesome that shes even interested, let alone encouraging and pushing me to go riding.
So basically, Gday to everyone, and hope to see you around, online and off the road.

Cheers,
DS
DS Rider is offline   Reply With Quote