Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #1036
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozbikedude
saw a few dr 650s,drz400s and 0ne tt600 all from adelaide (i think)in ceduna today come through the gawler ranges heading up googs track to tarcoola,kingoonya and back through the gawler ranges,anyone here know these fellas?all had safari tanks too.
Not sure what the weather's like over there where you are, but where they're going has been a bit warm in recent days. Short local rides are the go for me until about March I reckon. Good luck to them though.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:45 AM   #1037
ozbikedude
so little time

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
Not sure what the weather's like over there where you are, but where they're going has been a bit warm in recent days. Short local rides are the go for me until about March I reckon. Good luck to them though.
weathers been great 25c-30c would be ideal to head up googs at the moment little bit of breeze one of them was off to the pub to stock up on cans of jacks!the wild flowers are out things are still lookin fresh bit of wildlife about and the odd camel!
ozbikedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #1038
ozbikedude
so little time

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozbikedude
saw a few dr 650s,drz400s and 0ne tt600 all from adelaide (i think)in ceduna today come through the gawler ranges heading up googs track to tarcoola,kingoonya and back through the gawler ranges,anyone here know these fellas?all had safari tanks too.
they were back in Ceduna this morning ,one of them fell off just the other side of a sandhill and another fella come over and hit him i think broke his ankle?the other are going to go kingoonya via wirrulla now i think,trucking his bike back to adelaide.B-inlaw(amphbian) was talking to them this morning down the street told me what happend.
ozbikedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #1039
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,505
Talking Hi All

G'day Folks, thought I better finally sign up and say hello. Already met a few of the fine members here when I joined Cooldollar's last terrific trek through the hills. Have just replaced my noisy KTM with a Super Tenere 750. Once I sort the carbies, rebuild the suspension and maybe oil the chain, I'll throw the swag on it and do some treks. Be keen to join in any local rides as I don't own a GPS and usually get nicely lost on my own. But I never get afraid or scared, unless it gets really dark and I can't find a Servo or campsite, but even then it's just a little bit. I usually navigate with the wind on any of my rides, just following any road I happen upon. Great way to explore, hence the need for a bike with a bigger tank. Also keen on riding to Pooncarrie with others, if anyone's going via the back roads? Masterbrewer Kym maybe? You'd be surprised how my appearance as a bona fide turtle smuggler works when it comes to dealing with bakery food. Plus I don't want to get lost and miss the fun, as it looks like a great event to try the new bike out with. If anyone's leaving early to just explore and doesn't mind company then yell out. Who's going from SA and are there any other events planned soon? Anyway, my names Richard and I'm pleased to meet you all, even if I haven't yet.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:19 AM   #1040
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner
G'day Folks, thought I better finally sign up and say hello. Already met a few of the fine members here when I joined Cooldollar's last terrific trek through the hills. Have just replaced my noisy KTM with a Super Tenere 750. Once I sort the carbies, rebuild the suspension and maybe oil the chain, I'll throw the swag on it and do some treks. Be keen to join in any local rides as I don't own a GPS and usually get nicely lost on my own. But I never get afraid or scared, unless it gets really dark and I can't find a Servo or campsite, but even then it's just a little bit. I usually navigate with the wind on any of my rides, just following any road I happen upon. Great way to explore, hence the need for a bike with a bigger tank. Also keen on riding to Pooncarrie with others, if anyone's going via the back roads? Masterbrewer Kym maybe? You'd be surprised how my appearance as a bona fide turtle smuggler works when it comes to dealing with bakery food. Plus I don't want to get lost and miss the fun, as it looks like a great event to try the new bike out with. If anyone's leaving early to just explore and doesn't mind company then yell out. Who's going from SA and are there any other events planned soon? Anyway, my names Richard and I'm pleased to meet you all, even if I haven't yet.
G'day Richard, if you hang around with Masterbrewer long enough we might get to catch up, maybe in the Flinders in May? Kym will explain.

You weren't riding the bike through Darlington around lunchtime today were you? Saw what I thought was a Super T heading south.

cheers

"Just having a crack"
Old 09-15-2009, 04:36 AM   #1041
Sundowner
Bort

G'day DRTrev, no, not me down that way today. New bike's only running on one cylinder right now - crook left CV carby. Have to wait it out until parts arrive so I can do a rebuild on the pair of them. Still have the KTM but as soon as the Tenere's sorted the Katoom will end up for sale. Haven't seen any other Super Tens on the road in SA yet, but you know what it's like when you buy a new vehicle - suddenly there are hundreds of them around.
Flinders in May sounds nice - best time of the year to visit, other than right now. Warm days for hiking, cool clear nights for campfires & sleeping, beaut sunsets and sunrises. I spent a few years living in that area so I'd be happy to revisit the mountains.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #1042
TimbobSA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Ride to The Rock 2009

Hello all.............. just letting you all know about a Charity "bash style" ride in October from 21st to 25th. It is all tar (sorry guys) leaving from Spalding and heading ot to Wentworth and Broken Hill before returning to Black Rock (just out of Orroroo) Starting in 2005 pervious trips have been to Ayers Rock and Wuddina Rock on Eyre pen. Currently sitting around 15 bikes Steve Woolley the organiser would love to get it up to 30 this year. Have a look at the website and go from there or pm me if you want more info.
Is it worth running its own thread and doing a RR on the 4 days let me know as I am a Noob
Fund raising and proceeds for SA Cancer Council Relay for life programme

www.ridetotherock.com.au
Cheers all Tim
Old 09-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #1043
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,730
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbobSA
Hello all.............. just letting you all know about a Charity "bash style" ride in October from 21st to 25th. It is all tar (sorry guys) leaving from Spalding and heading ot to Wentworth and Broken Hill before returning to Black Rock (just out of Orroroo) Starting in 2005 pervious trips have been to Ayers Rock and Wuddina Rock on Eyre pen. Currently sitting around 15 bikes Steve Woolley the organiser would love to get it up to 30 this year. Have a look at the website and go from there or pm me if you want more info.
Is it worth running its own thread and doing a RR on the 4 days let me know as I am a Noob
Fund raising and proceeds for SA Cancer Council Relay for life programme

www.ridetotherock.com.au
Cheers all Tim
this sounds like it would be fun, where do I sign up? fits into my schedule nicely as I'm supposed to be in Mildura on the 30th Oct think I can squeeze them both in
Old 09-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #1044
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner
G'day DRTrev, no, not me down that way today. New bike's only running on one cylinder right now - crook left CV carby. Have to wait it out until parts arrive so I can do a rebuild on the pair of them. Still have the KTM but as soon as the Tenere's sorted the Katoom will end up for sale. Haven't seen any other Super Tens on the road in SA yet, but you know what it's like when you buy a new vehicle - suddenly there are hundreds of them around.
Flinders in May sounds nice - best time of the year to visit, other than right now. Warm days for hiking, cool clear nights for campfires & sleeping, beaut sunsets and sunrises. I spent a few years living in that area so I'd be happy to revisit the mountains.
This year's effort..... next year we work on MB's table manners...
http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=58109

"Just having a crack"
Old 09-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #1045
TimbobSA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by once I Lurked
this sounds like it would be fun, where do I sign up? fits into my schedule nicely as I'm supposed to be in Mildura on the 30th Oct think I can squeeze them both in
Once I - All details etc are on web addy www.ridetotherock.com.au Accomodation entry form all there. I am looking forward to it as I think it will be a fun few days

Tim
Old 09-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #1046
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,214
Road and Race are now doing Mitas tires, Jason was fitting his first set of E 09 s today.

Doesnt look like he gets them at much better prices than we can though.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #1047
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,730
Went for a ride today and some Aliens in pods tried to abduct me, looks like those SkyNet things from the new Terminator salvation movie, still managed to bust out a couple of pics from phone.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #1048
Sundowner
Bort

G'day OIL, that's an interesting looking background. Did you need boltcutters to get there? Access to the forrest tracks available?
Old 09-20-2009, 03:33 AM   #1049
1WD
KTM Tragic

Oddometer: 776
Is that near Kuitpo?

I noticed the fence is down out that way while they log the joint... Easy as to sneak in... but sneaking isn't something you'd be doing in there on a Aka shod 990!
1WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:43 AM   #1050
1WD
KTM Tragic

Oddometer: 776
Thumb It's Time!

Gents, it's Avoca time again.

Thursday 1st October, 7pm.

See ya's there!
1WD is offline   Reply With Quote