User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2007, 01:34 AM   #106
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer: 1,255
That'd be right!

Another one of those 'gunna' dudes. That's me!

Was pretty keen to ride with these guys on Saturday and to meet Charlie and the others, but unfortunately I've just phoned masterbrewer to advise that I will be 'pulling the pin' on the ride tomorrow.

Having just had my 'brain fried' over the last few days with red tape, procedures,
OH&S and work practices, etc. relating to my new job, I've also been handed a pile of new gadgetry to get familiar with over the weekend and therefore I have to 'prioritize' my time.

"...as I'm writing this I'm trying to come to terms with the reality that I now find myself in, which is a far cry from a few months ago when I was at the height of my 8 month holiday travelling through the Kimberly on the 950? I thought it might be some time before I was exposed to and using terms like these (procedures, OH&S, prioritizing, etc.) But it's all good and now just another stage in my travels and adventures through my life"

Anyway, because I've had so much time only using the right side of my brain, I've had to jump start, kick start and warm up my left side again and give it a couple of big revs so I can blow some smoke out of it and have it idling smoothly and functioning properly again

So, I'm sorry I've missed a perfect opportunity to meet some more of you guys for now, but our time "WILL" come soon

Have a great ride anyway!

Cheers,

Pete
Old 05-07-2007, 01:19 AM   #107
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

I'm a Triple P!

A Triple P!

Professional Pin Puller

I've just found out today for sure that I will be unable to make the Melrose ride myself having just started a new job last week, I'll be away during this period.

So guys, you'll have to shed a tear for me and sink a couple on my behalf. I'm fine if I get bagged in conversation that weekend (I deserve it).

Although I'm sad on missing the opportunity to finally meet and ride with many of you guys, I'm sure there'll be chances a plenty to do this in the near future. I have some flexibility to adjust my time away with work with some notice, but unfortunately my first stint is not as negotiable.

I'll be getting paid to cruise around Outback SA for now, which I can't be too unhappy about off the back of my 8 months away from the workforce touring OZ on the 950.

We'll catch up soon anyhow. Keep in touch with dogsbody in the meantime.

PS: Hope some of you guys had a great ride on Saturday meeting others at Normanville, etc?

Cheers,

Pete
Old 05-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #108
The Misinformant
What road?

Oddometer: 349
I to am able to appreciate a PIE FLOATER.

Only just looked at the thread, pray tell me when, where and what is the Melrose ride.

The big Kataomer will be back on the road for the forst time in 6 months tommorow.

I'm a little bit keem for a ride now.
The Misinformant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #109
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Misinformant
I to am able to appreciate a PIE FLOATER.

Only just looked at the thread, pray tell me when, where and what is the Melrose ride.

The big Kataomer will be back on the road for the forst time in 6 months tommorow.

I'm a little bit keem for a ride now.
G'Day Misinformant,

Welcome! For the Melrose ride you'll have to start reading from about here onwards:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222390&page=2

and take it from there. There are a few keen starters already. Wish I was one of them , but maybe the guys should now start a separate fresh thread with just The Melrose Ride as the subject. This thread has been an opportunity for us to converse and get to know each other 'locally' which a few of us have done with Jack Daniels and beer and some others have already started organizing day rides, etc.

When you guys start the Melrose Ride thread be sure to post a link back in here and vice-versa!

Get on it M.I!

Cheers,

Pete
Old 05-07-2007, 02:54 AM   #110
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer
BigM Didn't mean to steal your thunder about pm's, only trying to make loife fun.

Cheers

Thunder still all here..I eat far too many beans to loose it that easy....

Back from Hanhdorf.. saving the world and all that.

^ Good idea Pete, think it will make things a little more managable, maybe the next group ride we split into another thread. I'm happy to shove each one in the first post as a reference.

Im also one of those 'gonna' people :( , im off to get some tests and shit done this week, so no riding until i get the results... depending on those results determines if i get a new bike or funnel my $ to the medics.

- Mike
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 AM   #111
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,507
This is what you missed on the "Practice Ride"

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...49#post4564949

masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:59 AM   #112
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
hey thats great!!!

looks like a hoot!! + !
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #113
dogsbody
Occasionally lucid

Oddometer: 300
Thumb !

Awesome ride and great photos, MasterB!

It pains me to see them from my computer in the middle of the desert while at work 'though.

Damn, I'm looking forward to the Melrose trip....

Cheers,

Tony
Old 05-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #114
sequent
South Australia's own....

Oddometer: 459
I won't be able to make the Melrose trip 'cause I've got to go to Perth for bloody work....! Oh well
Old 05-08-2007, 12:35 AM   #115
The Misinformant
What road?

Oddometer: 349
Put me down as a TENTative to come for a camp.

I will know more next week - I am off work that weekend but may be tied up elsewhere.

How much of the planned route is tar, gravel road, track. The beast needs new rubber next week and I am trying to figure out how knobby I will go.
The Misinformant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:58 AM   #116
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Need bike transport

Hello fellow riders,

I am looking for a relaible motorcycle transport company to pick up my bike KTM640 Adventure from Gilgai 2360 NSW and deliver it to Adelaide. The current transport company I enquired with is taking so long to pick it up. Any help here would be appreciated.

Cheers Willis
OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:22 AM   #117
kipo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzAdvRider
Hello fellow riders,

I am looking for a relaible motorcycle transport company to pick up my bike KTM640 Adventure from Gilgai 2360 NSW and deliver it to Adelaide. The current transport company I enquired with is taking so long to pick it up. Any help here would be appreciated.

Cheers Willis
I just got an old bike (Yam 360) from a place called Blacksoil between Bris and Toowomba to Adelaide. Bike transporters quoted between $470 and $1000. Wayneker put me onto Klose Removal, 96 Stanbel Rd Sailsbury Plain Ph 82811977 who did it as a back load for $220. They might be worth a try.

Cheers Kipo
kipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:40 AM   #118
fethers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Just started a Melrose thread...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...88#post4576588
Old 05-09-2007, 06:06 AM   #119
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Thank you mate

Hi Kipo that is super lead & price. Thank you I will call them.

Cheers Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo
I just got an old bike (Yam 360) from a place called Blacksoil between Bris and Toowomba to Adelaide. Bike transporters quoted between $470 and $1000. Wayneker put me onto Klose Removal, 96 Stanbel Rd Sailsbury Plain Ph 82811977 who did it as a back load for $220. They might be worth a try.

Cheers Kipo
OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #120
Jedi
The bikeless wonder

Oddometer: 231
Add me!

Can you add me to the list? I'll be getting into this biking thing next year.