User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #1261
GoneAgain
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,489
Quote:
G'day fellow Crow-eaters...after melting this past few weeks, I note it's supposed to be cool and maybe even raining this weekend. Soooo, anyone fancy going for a tootle through the hills on Sunday? Don't know where (maybe have a look out towards the Barossa Valley?), maybe just follow a road 'til another road comes along, repeat until lunchtime, set off again then find a pub to wash the dust out late arvo. Be warned, I don't have a GPS and could easily lead you astray. Any takers?
..maybe!
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #1262
senfiddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneAgain
..maybe!
Umm, I don't want to alarm you, but it appears that your Spot has gone off without you and is sunning itself in South West WA.
senfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 AM   #1263
GoneAgain
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,489
where am i!??

Quote:
Umm, I don't want to alarm you, but it appears that your Spot has gone off without you and is sunning itself in South West WA.

bloody helll thats funny!!

Ummm... i best go catch up with it hey...

no, i hired it and just returned it after 13 days on the road... i did set up my own page, i guess the 'next' people just used it how it was set-up (i did take out all my numbers/email addresses before i sent it back though!

sounds like you've been watching... guess i better do a Ride Report hey...?!
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:32 AM   #1264
senfiddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneAgain
sounds like you've been watching... guess i better do a Ride Report hey...?!
Yep. But you've got just over a week - I'm off east tomorrow.
senfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #1265
slapper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
gidday - quick intro time :)

I'm in Adelaide and have an XR400M and a postie (CT110) - returning to bikes after 10 years or so away.

The CT110 will be for sale as soon as I pull my finger out and advertise it - cash will be used to fund an extra wheel set for the XR - as much fun as the road tyres are, I'd like some dirt tyres too please! I'll hang onto the road capability though as there are a couple of tar only trips planned next year some time (I can hear Phillip Island calling!)
Actually - if anyone has any advice on replacement wheels, I'd love to hear it. I think a 2002+ XR650R front wheel will fit straight on but don't know what I'm going to do with the rear - maybe leave the 17 on there ... I like the cush drive it has now and will aim to keep it for the off-road rear too.

will get some pictures up when I can work out why my uploads keep failing!

cheers,
Slap
slapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #1266
Turborob
Minimalist.

Oddometer: 593
Hi Slapper - welcome aboard.

Richard, I'm a maybe for Sunday - more likely if it's a half day run.

Post up the when and where and I'll do my best.

Rob.

The best rider is the one who enjoys it most.
Turborob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #1267
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,486
Good one Rob. Don't know where we're going yet, just know I want to ride somewhere. I reckon I'll do some plotting and planning tonight and post up the meeting spot and time (probably 8.30 a.m.) on Friday evening. If anyone wants to suggest a route or knows of any event worth going to check out then I'd be receptive to suggestions. I have an inkling the Classic Adelaide Rally is on in the hills somewhere, which may dictate the route to take/avoid.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #1268
KevS69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner
Good one Rob. Don't know where we're going yet, just know I want to ride somewhere. I reckon I'll do some plotting and planning tonight and post up the meeting spot and time (probably 8.30 a.m.) on Friday evening. If anyone wants to suggest a route or knows of any event worth going to check out then I'd be receptive to suggestions. I have an inkling the Classic Adelaide Rally is on in the hills somewhere, which may dictate the route to take/avoid.
The rally cars are in the hills Saturday, Here's the route map for the Rally for Sunday (they are south)
http://www.classicadelaide.com.au/as..._Map_09_D4.pdf
KevS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #1269
Sundowner
Bort

Cheers for that Kev. You interested? Might be a good time to learn feet up mud slides/cornering - weather report reckons 10 to 25 mm rain possible.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #1270
KevS69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner
Cheers for that Kev. You interested? Might be a good time to learn feet up mud slides/cornering - weather report reckons 10 to 25 mm rain possible.
My wife is working Sunday, if I can organize a babysitter I will come for sure
KevS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #1271
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,203
Laugh Flinders Ranges Classic III - May 2010

If anyone's interested, the SA dbw crew are organising their annual attack on the Flinders from the 7th - 10th May next year.

It's being held at the Angorichina Village, halfway along the Parachilna Gorge, where there is an abundance of camping, dorm or cabin options. They also do food, fuel and booze. Dorm is already about 3/4 full.

Adv and enduro rides by the truckload, great company and some of the best scenery in the country.

Masterbrewer can generally be persuaded to lead an adv ride up there and back and we can accommodate any transport of gear for those taking part in his 'run'. He manages to pick up a bakery or six along the way too.

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=62588

You're more than welcome.

cheers

Trev

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #1272
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,504
Flinders Classic III May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
Adv and enduro rides by the truckload, great company and some of the best scenery in the country.
Masterbrewer can generally be persuaded to lead an adv ride up there and back and we can accommodate any transport of gear for those taking part in his 'run'. He manages to pick up a bakery or six along the way too.
Trev
Thanks Trev, for those guys wanting to join me & need to organise holidays or rostered days off, I usually leave early Friday morning & return Monday tranversing as many dirt roads/tracks as time permits on the way up & back. Further details TBA closer to the time.
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:12 AM   #1273
Sundowner
Bort

G'day All, re the idea of going for a ride this Sunday, I'll declare the meeting point the McDonalds Carpark at Modbury Plaza, corner of Reservior Road and North East Road, at about 8.30am. We'll head North East from there and end up somewhere for lunch, then somewhere later for a beer. Bring your wet weather setup. If it's miserable pissing rain, I know a few old single tracks out around Walkers Flat that'd be good fun in the damp. This ride will be Noobie friendly, so if you're lurking, come for a play.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #1274
MikeF
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 353
At this stage i'm a starter

:)

Mike
MikeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #1275
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,730
Even tho I'm a bit choked up about Oprah Winfrey announcing her final show, I reckon I can still manage to get out of bed for a ride tomorrow
c'est la vie