User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #121
JUMMA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Got Myself A New Adv/trail Bike

hi to all SA adv riders, just bought myself a 06 ktm625 and will be looking for a few rides in the future, i wont be doing any long rides until i can afford a larger tank for her as the missus is not happy that i kind of blew the budget on buying this beast ,so any extras will have to wait a while until im back in the good books and i save some money for some bling.

looks like the melrose ride is panning out to be a good oportunity for the SA guys to meet up and hit the trails but i was curious as to how many of you guys are more of the (how do you say) trail/track orrientated riders as oposed to the more dirt road/bitumen rider.

i realise this is an adventure riders forum which means usually plenty of tar to get there but who likes to get onto the real trails and do some exploring when you make it to your destination?
JUMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #122
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Welcome

Hi Jumma,

Welcome! I have yet to recieve my bike. hope it will be before 19th May.

Cheers Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMMA
hi to all SA adv riders, just bought myself a 06 ktm625 and will be looking for a few rides in the future, i wont be doing any long rides until i can afford a larger tank for her as the missus is not happy that i kind of blew the budget on buying this beast ,so any extras will have to wait a while until im back in the good books and i save some money for some bling.

looks like the melrose ride is panning out to be a good oportunity for the SA guys to meet up and hit the trails but i was curious as to how many of you guys are more of the (how do you say) trail/track orrientated riders as oposed to the more dirt road/bitumen rider.

i realise this is an adventure riders forum which means usually plenty of tar to get there but who likes to get onto the real trails and do some exploring when you make it to your destination?
OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #123
goldfinger
goldfinger

Oddometer: 192
Quote:

Welcome Jumma,
Many of us are of the trail/dirt bike riding orientated sort of riders see if you can get along to Melrose I'm sure youv'e met a few of us before I'm sure wev'e ridden together(Wison59) will be heading up on saturday.

Cheers
paul.
goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #124
JUMMA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger
Welcome Jumma,
Many of us are of the trail/dirt bike riding orientated sort of riders see if you can get along to Melrose I'm sure youv'e met a few of us before I'm sure wev'e ridden together(Wison59) will be heading up on saturday.

Cheers
paul.
gday paul
yes i recocnised yourself and wayne on this site and knew you guys were up for the real deal dirt rides going on your previous ride reports on DBW, no go for me this w/end but hope to see you out there soon.
JUMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #125
goldfinger
goldfinger

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
gday paul
yes i recocnised yourself and wayne on this site and knew you guys were up for the real deal dirt rides going on your previous ride reports on DBW, no go for me this w/end but hope to see you out there soon.

Well done on the new bike mate.
goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #126
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Bike arrived KTM 640 Adventure 2004

Hello Guys,

My bike arrived at last . The front and rear tyres are worn out. I sure would appreciate if any one could point me to their favoutite tyre dealer. I am looking for Metzler Sahara 3 or Metzler Karoo and any advise on tires is very welcome.

Thank you Willis
Old 05-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #127
roosting
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
G'day all, Yep I'm another KTM South Ozzie.. can be added to that list at the start of the thread.. Any Riverlanders tuned in?
roosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #128
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Welcome roosting

Hi Roosting, welcome!

Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosting
G'day all, Yep I'm another KTM South Ozzie.. can be added to that list at the start of the thread.. Any Riverlanders tuned in?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #129
roosting
Adventurer

Thanks Willis.. I'm new to the list so it's good to find almost local people's

Congrats on your bike mate..
Old 05-21-2007, 02:58 AM   #130
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Thank you

Thank you Roosting. I am suer we will hook up with the rest of the guys soon

Cheers Willis

Quote:
Thanks Willis.. I'm new to the list so it's good to find almost local people's

Congrats on your bike mate..
Old 05-21-2007, 03:12 AM   #131
roosting
Adventurer

Hey Willis i bet the KTM 640 Adventure cranks, have you took it for a test spin (I would imagine you have)

what year was it again?

Is it your first KTM?

I love mine. It's a oldy but a goody! only a 400 but plenty for my stick figure.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:14 AM   #132
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Mityre in Williamstown , Vic, will ship you a set of E-09s overnight for around $210- incl shipping, around $200- less than the alternatives. He has a new shipment due in June and is keen to move the last of the old stock.

So even if you pay someone to fit them you are still a long way in front.

If the E-08s are anything to go by they are every bit as good if not better than the Metzlers, etc, so dont be put off by the price - the Yanks pay less than half the price we do for tires, we just get ripped off here.

I prefer Hanbys tires at Marion , but he can be hard to catch up with and doesnt always have a lot of stock, and he doesnt take cards or cheques.

GC have more stock, but can be a bit dearer and are somtimes a bit ofhand - when I asked fo Pilot Powers on my VFR they told me that the Roads were good enough for me and that they would last twice as long as the Powers, and the reason I didnt like the Roads was because they were old and hard.Well they should know, they had fitted them ten weeks before. And ,for the record, the Powers last longer then the Roads and are a better tire in every way.

They also claim to have never heard of Mitas tyres even although they are an agent for them, according to Mityre.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:43 AM   #133
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Nice buy Jumma!!

Where you get it from? Run it in yet ;) should be able to rack up the first 1000km over the weekend

Jumma and roosting are up on front page, i notice that roosing is a geek.

PS i notice the first post now is rather orange!!! The way it should be.
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:01 AM   #134
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Checking it out.

Hi Roosting, I did take it for a spin. It is my first KTM and it's a 2004. I am trying to get use to it. Just different from the Japanese machines.

I'd say it is the man behind the bike and not the bike

I got to go take my Advance riders course this Friday.Now I am on temp license.

Look forward to hook up!

Cheers Willis

Quote:
Hey Willis i bet the KTM 640 Adventure cranks, have you took it for a test spin (I would imagine you have)

what year was it again?

Is it your first KTM?

I love mine. It's a oldy but a goody! only a 400 but plenty for my stick figure.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 AM   #135
roosting
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM
Nice buy Jumma!!

Where you get it from? Run it in yet ;) should be able to rack up the first 1000km over the weekend

Jumma and roosting are up on front page, i notice that roosing is a geek.

PS i notice the first post now is rather orange!!! The way it should be.
I'm new to this, I don't get it, we are up on frontpage.. and i'm a geek ?
I am a geek (IT Technician wise) I imagine that's what you mean...
what's frontpage thou.?

I'm also a bike Geek

Roosting