User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #1336
GoneAgain
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,451
im out for tomorrows ride

(but in other exciting news, i just got me a new back tyre... and sent it to Cape Le Grand National Park)
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #1337
shortybush
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Laugh

count me in i am a noob on a 1200gsa c u all 2morrow at maccas
shortybush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #1338
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneAgain
im out for tomorrows ride

(but in other exciting news, i just got me a new back tyre... and sent it to Cape Le Grand National Park)
That's a shame. Have got a bit of a run planned out for tomorrow that will take us through some of the 24hr Road Trial country north of the Barossa Valley. Big gum trees and small town Pubs are the theme for tomorrow.

Forgot to say that I did get your photo file no worries. Just need to unzip it to view them. Unfortunately it's been taken hostage by an expired Zip File program that's demanding payment to work again. I'm planning a counter attack involving laying siege to it and preventing any supply lines or reinforcements moving past me to assist it's survival. I have beer and food. It doesn't. We'll see how that pans out. I'm an irrationally patient computer user.

Speaking of photo's, I promise I will do that last ride report very soon for all to enjoy. Yours and Gateshutter's subtle hints aren't going unnoticed.

And look forward to catching Shortybush and hopefully many other noobies for tomorrows ride. Bring your camera and a camelbak. We can also drop in on a winery to pick up some cheap bulk Port (bring a container) or a couple of bottles of Chrissy plonk to enjoy later in the week with other, more civilised turkeys if you folks like. See you all at McChucks in the morning.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:52 AM   #1339
Turborob
Minimalist.

Oddometer: 583
Thumb

Richard,

Try turning your computer date back.

On my other computer the date is August 2001 so the printer "trial" works. So long as the computer thinks it's then - we print happily.

I'm being well behaved and staying in tonight ready for tomorrow. Hope there's no mud or slippery stuff - my tyres are slippery suckers.

See you all tomorrow.

All RRs
Turborob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:20 AM   #1340
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborob
Richard,

Try turning your computer date back.

On my other computer the date is August 2001 so the printer "trial" works. So long as the computer thinks it's then - we print happily.

I'm being well behaved and staying in tonight ready for tomorrow. Hope there's no mud or slippery stuff - my tyres are slippery suckers.

See you all tomorrow.
You should be pretty right with shagged tyres. I've got my levers and gear to sort any troubles but I haven't plotted anything nasty. It's all secondary dirt roads for tomorrow, hopefully good, relaxing, scenic ones. Although there is a railway line service road to run at the end of the day, if anyone's still up to it.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:54 AM   #1341
GoneAgain
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,451
Quote:
there is a railway line service road to run

awwwwwww, stop teasing me...... , i cant come....
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #1342
XIE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Guys,

Was notified at 0745h this morning that I need to be in Melbourne tomorrow night. I will need to make sure my bike is good to go for the ride over to Melbourne tomorrow. Could not risk the bike.

Sorry Guys,

Xie
XIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #1343
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
FYI the ride up near swan reach was brilliant, dozens of km, of whoops, and weaving through tree's and even a few sand dunes. Brilliant, brilliant fun!

Though now, I get to magically hope someone has stuck a new rear hub into my christmas stocking And changing down into first doesn't seem to work too well. Looks like I am up for some pretty decent cash
Attached Images

Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #1344
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,724
Just got back from today's ride met some new faces. even though I never got to maccas at 8:30am I was able to use the secret tracking device hidden on Sundowners bike and logged into www.wheressundowner.com and tracked him and the others at Truro where I joined in for the rest of the ride.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #1345
shortybush
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
what a great day met nice people, nice dusty roads, had a fun time, cant wait to go out again. cant wat to see the pics. just got to wash the bike now.
shortybush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:26 AM   #1346
iam726
Ulysses

Oddometer: 24
Talking Long time lurker 1st Time Post

G'Day All.....

As the title sugests long time lurker first time post.
So tommorrow 23/12/09 the work stops for a couple of weeks, I would like to meet up and go for one of you're
day rides.
My current ride is KLR650'08.
I have only just found the dirt roads going through Humbug Srub to my Fathers house in Williamstown and enjoyed that find.

Ride Safe
IAM726.....
iam726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #1347
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam726
G'Day All.....

As the title sugests long time lurker first time post.
So tommorrow 23/12/09 the work stops for a couple of weeks, I would like to meet up and go for one of you're
day rides.
My current ride is KLR650'08.
I have only just found the dirt roads going through Humbug Srub to my Fathers house in Williamstown and enjoyed that find.

Ride Safe
IAM726.....
Welcome.

You could also keep your eye on dirtbikeworld.net. A gang of us from Gawler run some short and some longer rides on the odd Sunday. There's also a Flinders Ranges trip being planed for next May under the SA 'Organise a Ride for yourself' area of dbw - that'll be a mixture of adv and soft enduro rides over a few days.

See you on the trails.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #1348
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,236
You're an insomniac Trev.

I've got an excuse working night shift. You on earlies?
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #1349
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,724
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
Welcome.

You could also keep your eye on dirtbikeworld.net. A gang of us from Gawler run some short and some longer rides on the odd Sunday. There's also a Flinders Ranges trip being planed for next May under the SA 'Organise a Ride for yourself' area of dbw - that'll be a mixture of adv and soft enduro rides over a few days.

See you on the trails.
Did somebody say "gang & "Organise" in the same paragraph? Careful Micheal Atkinson might put a control order on dirtbikeworld to ease his paranoia.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #1350
bwvtom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Thanks

Thanks to all for the great ride last weekend
Enjoyed it all, good company.

Have a safe & Merry Christmas & New Years to all the ADV crew.

Cheers bwvtom. (Tiger 955i & DRZ 400E)

Heres a pic of the Tiger on the Molesworth Track New Zealand in 2008 (great memories)

bwvtom is offline   Reply With Quote