User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Fast_Boy_Slim OP
Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer: 3,045
European Vendors

Any European vendors please post here. It was suggested by someone in a thread that a European vendors thread might be a good idea. I would hope that if you are going to add to the list that if shipping is involved you include costs or locations that you cannot ship to. Phil has agreed to Sticky this for us so thanks Phil.

Normal rules apply. Please see below a copy and paste from the general vendors page written by Kurt.

The motorcycling experience is aided and abetted by vendors -- craftsmen and corporate titans and everything in between. Today, because of the internet, we have the opportunity to enhance our experience by using one of the most powerful information tools ever imagined to share information about the vendors who help make our rides a blessing or a curse.

We hope that unknown products of utter genius will be plucked from obscurity and revealed to Advriders here, that noble technicians and mechanics who solve our problems or go the extra mile to get us back on the road will receive well-earned recognition, and, conversely, that the bastards who cheat us, screw up our bikes out of gross negligence and otherwise make our rides more dangerous or frustrating will be exposed and driven to more suitable professions, like shoveling coal in the furnaces of hell.

Unlike the Equipment Forum, the Vendor Forum welcomes helpful, intelligent, insightful submissions from vendors who want to update or introduce their products to Advriders. This is a discussion forum where vendors who post will be expected to discuss their products and answer questions.But be warned, spamming* will not be tolerated; this is not a place to post advertisements or the latest $19.99 special. It is a place to inform and discuss, not advertise and promote. I realize that the distinction can be subtle at times, but I think most people "get it" most of the time.

This is a somewhat new concept for Advrider, and we will be walking a fine line that reflects our respect for the Advrider community and our recognition that vendors are an important part of the motorcycling experience. No doubt our MO will evolve as experience (and Baldy) dictates.

Welcome.

* For the purposes of this forum, spamming will be defined as anything the moderators consider to be spamming.
Last edited by Kurt : 12-08-2002 at 07:24 PM.

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Ming the Merciless
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
So - does that mean that my previous posting in the general Vendors section ( as okay-ed by the admins) can go in here?
We operate in Spain but people can come from wherever they like as long as they have a licence!

At the risk of instigating being struck down by lightning...here's the company link:

www.andaluciantrailtours.com - the Spanish side of the company and...

www.trailworld.co.uk - the parent company and operating in 5 locations in the UK.

10% discount to any active ADVers booking with either company - mail me first at the info@ address on the ATT site stating who you are.....

Other tour companies are available of course.....I'll be happy to answer any queries you may have as well.
Ming the Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
Autostream
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,826
If I may make a suggestion from experience with similar threads in the Australian forum...

If you make this thread a listing, that is one post per vendor with the basic details of what they do, where they service or whatever, but then with a link to their own thread in the vendors forum.

That way this thread remains concise and easy to find things in, while the vendors specific threads in the Vendors forum are where all the discussions, Q&A's, etc go, which would just clutter things up if they were here.

Once you guys pick up the idea and run with it or Pooh Pooh it I will delete this post back out.

Just a suggestion to consider.

Autostream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #4
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autostream
If I may make a suggestion from experience with similar threads in the Australian forum...

If you make this thread a listing, that is one post per vendor with the basic details of what they do, where they service or whatever, but then with a link to their own thread in the vendors forum.

That way this thread remains concise and easy to find things in, while the vendors specific threads in the Vendors forum are where all the discussions, Q&A's, etc go, which would just clutter things up if they were here.

Once you guys pick up the idea and run with it or Pooh Pooh it I will delete this post back out.

Just a suggestion to consider.
Grand idea
PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:48 AM   #5
Bill@Mission
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Mission Motos Motorcycle Rental

Based near Toulouse, France. (SW - mid-point of the Pyrenees.)

Pay Services we offer:

Motorcycle Rentals - www.MissionMotos.Biz we offer discounts to ADV subscribers but they clearly have to be on this site.

Long Term Rentals and Buy Back schemes - contact us directly.

Adventure 'a ton mesure' - custom built tours from a half day ride out to the full blown tour - contact us directly.

We sell some kit - like secure baggage and heated gear. Please note: If you are coming from out of the EEC we can so this on a tax free basis!

Plus we are a 2-4 hour ride from Andorra - duty free shopping capital of Europe. (The 4 hour ride is best )

Vendor Thread Details http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223282

For free:
Pitstops in our workshop - Central toulouse - sorting out a bed in our local area - sending you on with a cup of Java, a smile and a quick tssst of chain lube . ..... plus anything else we can give you without taking food out the kids mouths........ our Mission is to keep you rolling! If ou are coming to the south of france/pyrenees - please take a note of our number - we are always ready to help riders in distress when we can.
Bill Shaw.

Bill@Mission screwed with this post 05-19-2007 at 04:38 AM
Bill@Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #6
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,202
Need a tyre in the Pyrenees...........

Just posting the barest of details for some good guys in Andorra.

RiderBob suffered this puncture in the Pyrenees last week:

We limped back to Sort, Spain with the aid of an 18" tube that we stuffed in. There were no local bike shops of any sort & the car repair outfits were'nt interested in helping.

We rode the 70+km to Andorra the following day but none of the multitude of bike shops actually stocked tyres of any sort, including the BMW dealer . Help was at hand thanks to the Bridgestone Sam tyre guys on the main road of Andorra La Vella. They had a huge stock that included Tourances, knobblies & sports tyres. They immediately provided a Karoo, with fitting on a while you wait basis. The cost was fair & the service first rate. I have no connection to these guys, just posting to advise others in need in the area that they need look no further - they're located across the road & about 200 metres down from the AMR bike shop. If I can get further info, I'll edit the post to include it.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:39 AM   #7
Bill@Mission
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbarnes1
And another pic.

Chris

[/quote]
Can you give us a front/rear on view please.
Bill Shaw.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #8
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
1200gs pannier protector

I'm trying to develop a bottom carbon pannier protector for the 1200GS factory pannier (I've made them for the Hepco and Becker Gobis and the idea works on my bike (640A)). So far fit is proving troublesome as its one piece and the factory plastic flexes on assembly . Anyway, first pics are at the link below. I may revise the idea to cover just each corner--easier to fit and replace and just as effective (hopefully) for that odd tumble or scrape. The reason for the post is to gauge interest--its a garage hobby and I don't want to spend too much time on mould development if there isn't much interest--and comments help produce the right design. They will fit snugly and should stay on with silicone--mine have been on the H and Bs for about 10,000 miles and taken a drop and lots of use.

ps I do tank protectors for the 640A in carbon (plenty of info already on the site).

vendor site. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232424
Regards, Chris

Chrisbarnes1 screwed with this post 06-04-2007 at 01:59 AM
Chrisbarnes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #9
Bill@Mission
Gnarly Adventurer

Warmand safe heated Gear in Europe

We are now selling heated gear (and running some promos from October) keep an eye on http://www.missionmotos.com/warm-and...roduction.html

for details.....
Bill Shaw.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:08 AM   #10
Cupid Stunt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Thought I'd add myself in here...

I'm a small trader (honestly I'm only 5'7" ), primarily I'm a motorcyclist second to that I'm a retailer

I try to cater for all year round practical/adventure riders
My business started out about 8 years ago from trying to find solutions to my own riding needs (heat, convenience and weather mainly)

I had two main issues...
Firstly was that of convenience, I hated having to get all kitted out before riding and wanted gear that would allow me to wear it casually but still give a reasonable level of protection, from there it went on to cold weather needs, after trying all the different "windstoppers" and "thermal" clothing and still finding that in sub zero temps I was having to stop due to uncontrollable shivering I started to use heated clothing (Gerbing)

As a general rule I try and use all the kit I retail though this is becoming a problem now as I have access to more kit than would fit in my garage
But it still stands that though I list many items in my online shop the mainstay products and those which sell the most are those that have also solved my own issues ie. Draggin Jeans, Gerbing heated clothing and Difi Ventura adventure riding kit
I have a strict policy that if it doesn't do it's job properly or that quality is inferior then I don't sell it, many times I've seen goods which appear to be good and after trying them found them to be less than adequate, this process has cost me thousands in experimental stock but on the bright side also gives me great confidence in what I do sell, it also keeps my customers happy too and if I ever do make a mistake I always do right by the customer
Anyway , that's enough boring background, here's a link to my site:

Riderz Motorcycle Clothing and Accessories
Red Route Jeans
Dane Clothing
Difi Clothing
Kushitani Clothing
Full Leathers
Road Boots
Misc Clothing
Off Road Clothing
Off Road Helmets
Off-Road/SM Boots
Goggles and Glasses
Draggin Jeans
Gerbing Heated Wear
Hardas Kevlar Pants
Body Armour
Rider Accessories
Luggage
Service Parts
Bodywork
Tools and Workshop

Soon to come:
Moose Racing Products
Thor goodies
Icon Motorcycle Clothing
Keep an eye on the home page for news

I hope you find stuff there that solves your problems too

Ironic that since I've started retailing I don't get the opportunity to take on those long adventure rides that I have always wanted to do
I don't want or intend to expand into having retail premises or staff so it's always going to be just little me stuck here as the tea boy, cleaner, marketing director etc etc

Cupid Stunt screwed with this post 07-21-2008 at 10:50 AM
Cupid Stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #11
rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Gearpac - Motorcycle Travel Gear

We have recently openned our new website for the business. www.gearpac.com
We sell camping, travel and mountaineering gear. Being an avid biker myself, I like to feel we have a pretty good understanding of your needs. If your looking for something and don't see it on the site, please drop us a line (+44) 01244 549688 as we may still be able to source it for you.

We sell everying thing from roll packs, drybags, luggage, water containers through to tents and stoves and there is more is on its way shortly.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 AM   #12
foolonastrom
Fool on a Strom

Oddometer: 358
Go Farkle - Bike accesories and tools - Coming Soon...

Thought I'd get in early, and hopefully get some feedback.

I'm in the process of setting up http://www.gofarkle.co.uk, retailer of all things motorcycle related. Hopefully everything from luggage, to tools, to comsumables (such as oil, filters, brake levers )(Yeah, I know I'm the only person for who brake levers are a consumable, but you get the idea.)

Basically anything Farkley!

Our aim will be to be honest about what we have in stock, and to offer great customer service with a no quibble returns service. (Two or three times since I started Biking have I had to explain to other web retailers that I have a right to return stuff, and they have to accept it.)

We aim to stock both mainstream products, but also those hard to find gadgets, gizmos and thingumys that you can't find in your dealer or motorcycle shop. (If there is anything you want us to stock, please let me know.)

That's enough for now, so instead of reading this Go Farkle

(I'll update this once we are actually open for business, hopefully by the end of the month, or maybe Early December)
foolonastrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 AM   #13
Berin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
The guys at Bikerland (here) are highly recommended. They do top end kit like Rukka and Daytona.
I ordered some Rukka trouser and Daytona boots and saved 50% on UK prices including shipping to the UK from Germany (costs 15), ordered on Monday, arrived on Wednesday
Berin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:25 AM   #14
foolonastrom
Fool on a Strom

Oddometer: 358
Thumb

Just wanted to praise some really good service. to the dirkbikebook www.dirtbikebook.com. I ordered from them on Monday, had a phone call on Tues as something on my order was not in stock due to a typing error, an alternative was offered. Whole order turned up on Wednesday morning. Compared with most of the service I've had, they were really good, especially as it is the last week before Xmas so I expect they are pretty busy, so worth a look, especially if you like your katooms.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #15
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Dirtbikebook

That would be Jason and Justin at Gear4 (Market Deeping, Lincs)--my local dealer--and I was helping them out at the NEC on the KTM clothing stand.--toasters have sold well! They are both young guns and both ride motocross etc--I've told them not to let Justin try the RC8 when it arrives--he spends enough time on the back wheel as it is. They do try hard--and very convenient for me. I'll pass on the comment in case they don't see it.

CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolonastrom
Just wanted to praise some really good service. to the dirkbikebook www.dirtbikebook.com. I ordered from them on Monday, had a phone call on Tues as something on my order was not in stock due to a typing error, an alternative was offered. Whole order turned up on Wednesday morning. Compared with most of the service I've had, they were really good, especially as it is the last week before Xmas so I expect they are pretty busy, so worth a look, especially if you like your katooms.
Chrisbarnes1 is offline   Reply With Quote