ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #2956
Bruse
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike,p View Post
Had to drill 2 small holes for tailiight and 2 holes for turn signals, easy. The items were led tailight and flush mount rear turn sig. The front turn sig are narrow mount smoke led.
Hi, do I need the IC relay as well? Thanks, Anders
Bruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #2957
FreeTheBeast
Chocks away!
 
FreeTheBeast's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: +1.603
Oddometer: 2,917
Talking playing in the snow...

Three 450s (and a HP2) frolicking in the snow...

__________________
Think beyond yourself.

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary

FreeTheBeast screwed with this post 01-25-2011 at 06:07 PM
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #2958
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,316
The 450's looked fun in the snow....the HP2...???!!!!

No thanks.....
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #2959
mike,p
WELL LIT ADVENTURER
 
mike,p's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: WALES, MICHIGAN
Oddometer: 750
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruse View Post
Hi, do I need the IC relay as well? Thanks, Anders
Yes
mike,p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #2960
The Shred
Airventurer
 
The Shred's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: NY82: ALB 156 @ 13
Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
Three 450s (and a HP2) frolicking in the snow...

Great Video!

Went out Friday night but the trails around here weren't packed down enough. After getting the bikes stuck we did 35 miles of snow covered dirt roads. You should post this in the NE 2011 Winter Rides thread.
The Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #2961
Ozz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Monterrey
Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
Three 450s (and a HP2) frolicking in the snow...
Isn't it ilegal to have toooo much fun???

What a ride!!!
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #2962
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,316
I am not a farkle guy....and I did do a long search on here for the 450.....

I think I'll get the Hyde skidplate.....anyone have the one that covers the exhaust as well? Looks a little funky, but the price is about the same. Any downside?

Probably get their farme guards too.

What are people doing for radiator protection?

More than likely this will be my last true off-road bike.

No real dualsport other than linking trails......plan is for 98% Eastern US singletrack.

No super rough stuff.

I would like to get about 5K miles out of it over a 10 year period. Five 100 mile weekends a year might even be too optimistic.

I think I will need a steering damper & barkbusters as well.

Scott
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #2963
KarlNum
Go Dam It, GO!
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Peoples Republic of SoCal
Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I am not a farkle guy....and I did do a long search on here for the 450.....

I think I'll get the Hyde skidplate.....anyone have the one that covers the exhaust as well? Looks a little funky, but the price is about the same. Any downside?

Probably get their farme guards too.

What are people doing for radiator protection?

More than likely this will be my last true off-road bike.

No real dualsport other than linking trails......plan is for 98% Eastern US singletrack.

No super rough stuff.

I would like to get about 5K miles out of it over a 10 year period. Five 100 mile weekends a year might even be too optimistic.

I think I will need a steering damper & barkbusters as well.

Scott
I like Hyde stuff, got the skid plate that covers the exhaust, besides being ugly (kinda like the madmax look now), no downside, takes a real beating and glides over rocks. Originally I installed the Gaurd-It alum bash plate, didn't like the noise (anyone want to buy a pre-owned bash plate?)

Like the frame guards, figure they MIGHT keep some dirt out of the swingarm... and the headlight protector, fits nice, attach with H/D velcro.

for the radiator I install the bracket from Tourtech, a little stronger, but does nothing to protect the radiator so still searching....

Highway Dirt Bike barkbusters are nice stuff.....
Kyle
KarlNum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #2964
Max-Fly
n00b
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Oddometer: 2
Green light for neutral ?

Hi,
I'm new here ( first post )
Bought a G450X past november, 2008 Model, 30 hrs on it, already been to the dealer twice for
1 - Alternator failure, they had to change bearing, oil pump, etc. 1 000 EUR ( that's about 1 200 USD )
2 - Out of the shop, straight to the woods, Fuel pump failure after 1 hr Ride. ( the bike is back to the shop at this time )

I've been riding only 3 times in 3 month

The bike was under 3 month "used bike warranty", so no big deal, but not very happy at this point with the failure rate ( 66% of the rides I'd had to go home walking, well pushing the bike )

Anyway, I like it. Hope There won't be a "next" time.

My question today : I'm almost shure I've seen a green light at the right of the speed meter, wich is green when in neutral. ( well like almost any other bike or Quad I ever ride ). Now the light won't come up. The dealer said "it's only for the turn signals" ( wich are removed).
What's on your bikes ? ( I guess you have the green "neutral" light, but...)

Thanks, This forum is really good. I've been reading the full thread ( just kidding ! )
Max-Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #2965
mike,p
WELL LIT ADVENTURER
 
mike,p's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: WALES, MICHIGAN
Oddometer: 750
Cool2 Wellcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Fly View Post
Hi,
I'm new here ( first post )
Bought a G450X past november, 2008 Model, 30 hrs on it, already been to the dealer twice for
1 - Alternator failure, they had to change bearing, oil pump, etc. 1 000 EUR ( that's about 1 200 USD )
2 - Out of the shop, straight to the woods, Fuel pump failure after 1 hr Ride. ( the bike is back to the shop at this time )

I've been riding only 3 times in 3 month

The bike was under 3 month "used bike warranty", so no big deal, but not very happy at this point with the failure rate ( 66% of the rides I'd had to go home walking, well pushing the bike )

Anyway, I like it. Hope There won't be a "next" time.

My question today : I'm almost shure I've seen a green light at the right of the speed meter, wich is green when in neutral. ( well like almost any other bike or Quad I ever ride ). Now the light won't come up. The dealer said "it's only for the turn signals" ( wich are removed).
What's on your bikes ? ( I guess you have the green "neutral" light, but...)

Thanks, This forum is really good. I've been reading the full thread ( just kidding ! )
I hope your luck improves.
mike,p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #2966
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP
 
Stagehand's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shawangunks
Oddometer: 24,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Fly View Post
Hi,
I'm new here ( first post )
Bought a G450X past november, 2008 Model, 30 hrs on it, already been to the dealer twice for
1 - Alternator failure, they had to change bearing, oil pump, etc. 1 000 EUR ( that's about 1 200 USD )
2 - Out of the shop, straight to the woods, Fuel pump failure after 1 hr Ride. ( the bike is back to the shop at this time )

I've been riding only 3 times in 3 month

The bike was under 3 month "used bike warranty", so no big deal, but not very happy at this point with the failure rate ( 66% of the rides I'd had to go home walking, well pushing the bike )

Anyway, I like it. Hope There won't be a "next" time.

My question today : I'm almost shure I've seen a green light at the right of the speed meter, wich is green when in neutral. ( well like almost any other bike or Quad I ever ride ). Now the light won't come up. The dealer said "it's only for the turn signals" ( wich are removed).
What's on your bikes ? ( I guess you have the green "neutral" light, but...)

Thanks, This forum is really good. I've been reading the full thread ( just kidding ! )
Thats not a great record.. .sorry youre having such terrible luck. Usually you can go a long time and not see a dealer for anything.
I'm not familiar with the '08's at all, perhaps that year still had all the first year bugs?

As for the little light, is it not the highbeam indicator? I cant recall if there is a turn signal idiotlight, but I know there is a highbeam.
__________________
Unintentional psychokinesis.
Stagehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #2967
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP
 
Stagehand's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shawangunks
Oddometer: 24,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
Three 450s (and a HP2) frolicking in the snow...
you guys rule.

Did MAx do your tires? or did you go to Kevin's Cycles?
__________________
Unintentional psychokinesis.
Stagehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #2968
ced40
Adventurer
 
ced40's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Chico California
Oddometer: 48
Question

KarlNum

"I like Hyde stuff, got the skid plate that covers the exhaust, besides being ugly (kinda like the madmax look now), no downside, takes a real beating and glides over rocks. Originally I installed the Gaurd-It alum bash plate, didn't like the noise (anyone want to buy a pre-owned bash plate?)"

PM you about the bash plate. What do you mean too much noise?
__________________
CED
ced40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #2969
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!
 
itsgunnahurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Oddometer: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Fly View Post
Hi,
I'm new here ( first post )
Bought a G450X past november, 2008 Model, 30 hrs on it, already been to the dealer twice for
1 - Alternator failure, they had to change bearing, oil pump, etc. 1 000 EUR ( that's about 1 200 USD )
2 - Out of the shop, straight to the woods, Fuel pump failure after 1 hr Ride. ( the bike is back to the shop at this time )

I've been riding only 3 times in 3 month

The bike was under 3 month "used bike warranty", so no big deal, but not very happy at this point with the failure rate ( 66% of the rides I'd had to go home walking, well pushing the bike )

Anyway, I like it. Hope There won't be a "next" time.

My question today : I'm almost shure I've seen a green light at the right of the speed meter, wich is green when in neutral. ( well like almost any other bike or Quad I ever ride ). Now the light won't come up. The dealer said "it's only for the turn signals" ( wich are removed).
What's on your bikes ? ( I guess you have the green "neutral" light, but...)

Thanks, This forum is really good. I've been reading the full thread ( just kidding ! )
ouch not a good time there!
The dealer is right...

green light == turn signals
blue light == high beam
there is no neutral indicator light.
__________________
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent...
˙˙˙buıuuɐןd ǝɹɐ sɹǝʞɔnɟ ǝsoɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ɹǝʌǝu ı
itsgunnahurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:29 AM   #2970
FreeTheBeast
Chocks away!
 
FreeTheBeast's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: +1.603
Oddometer: 2,917
Trellies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
you guys rule.

Did MAx do your tires? or did you go to Kevin's Cycles?
We all got Trelleborgs (through Max). We made our own last year, but thought we'd get some proper ones this time. They should last a few seasons if we're careful.
__________________
Think beyond yourself.

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014