Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #3211
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!

Oddometer: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz View Post
Hmmm... I've heard the decals peeling up is common issue.

So does the LED tail light get brighter when the brakes are actuated?
Mine does... the LED rear light is ADR compliant along with the smaller direction indicators It is fully road legal in Aus.

The race/sport can is a different matter though, but gee is sounds good!

No decals peeling off here, but I'm about to remove mine.. got a package coming from Germany
Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #3212
kiwiAdventure
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz View Post
Hmmm... I've heard the decals peeling up is common issue.

So does the LED tail light get brighter when the brakes are actuated?
I've heard the 800gs wheels are bending
Old 03-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #3213
kiwiAdventure
Beastly Adventurer

Finished my decals this week plus some other parts from Speedbrain

Old 03-10-2011, 04:50 AM   #3214
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,213
Fast Bike Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta View Post
Send the forks and rear shock to Fast Bike Industries in Hendersonville, NC. David has come up with a very good spec for both the shims and jets in the Ohlins shock (which is as much of an issue as the front forks) and a great base setting for the Marzocchi forks. I currently have XTrig triple clamp on my bike with a set of KTM WP48's on it and Ohlins TTX inserts along with Ohlins TTX rear shock. Had David had the same settings 2 years ago for the stock suspenders I would have spent the $190 on the front fork revalve/rebuild and overhaul and another $90 on the rear shock guts. This would have me way ahead of the game because I did not get quadruple the benefits from the TTX front/rear upgrade over the stock revalve in the cost to cost ratio.

Hey: I had my forks done a few weeks ago by David. I rode about 40 miles of Tight Enduro stuff last week and I have to say, the Forks work great. The forks now work much better in deep whoops, crossing downed logs and hitting deep pot holes in the woods roads. He did the valves and I needed a stiffer spring due to my weight, 215LB. It cost just under $400 with shipping. His service was quick and I had the forks back within a week. The cost also included replacing the seals and bushings, event though the bike only had a few hundred miles, he said they were worn from the stock oil in the forks.

I'll send him my Shock this week.

I also found the I can go about 70 miles on a tank, ripping down sand roads in Race mode. My MSR fuel bottle saved my day.

Bobby and Jason: you guys should come to the Pine Barrens 300 April 16 and 17, http://www.pinebarrens500.org/

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com

jack splash screwed with this post 03-10-2011 at 05:01 AM
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #3215
MudMan_79
Adrenaline Junkie

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiAdventure View Post
Finished my decals this week plus some other parts from Speedbrain

I got the same decal kit as you do. 'cept your's looks way cleaner.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #3216
davesmyth
Connoisseur

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiAdventure View Post
The 450 side stand is fine. None of the 450's in Kiwi land have broken so I'm not sure why Americans have so many problems. Is the super sizing fast foods
No, it's not the fast food. It's because we don't have a sheep to prop the bike against like you sheep-shaggers in NZ!
davesmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #3217
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash View Post
Hey: I had my forks done a few weeks ago by David. I rode about 40 miles of Tight Enduro stuff last week and I have to say, the Forks work great. The forks now work much better in deep whoops, crossing downed logs and hitting deep pot holes in the woods roads. He did the valves and I needed a stiffer spring due to my weight, 215LB. It cost just under $400 with shipping. His service was quick and I had the forks back within a week. The cost also included replacing the seals and bushings, event though the bike only had a few hundred miles, he said they were worn from the stock oil in the forks.

I'll send him my Shock this week.

I also found the I can go about 70 miles on a tank, ripping down sand roads in Race mode. My MSR fuel bottle saved my day.

Bobby and Jason: you guys should come to the Pine Barrens 300 April 16 and 17, http://www.pinebarrens500.org/

Jack

Jack-- Bike looks great. Stickers look cool, everybody-- I still have the stock 2010 stickers and no peeling issues.

I am going to put the PB300 on my calendar, Jack. I would sincerely love to finally get down there.

I have been pretty happy in my own oblivious way to the front fork specifics, but lord knows I love to spend money so now I really want to send them out as well. Havent changed the fork oil since getting it, so in reality it really is time. A week turnaround makes it seem really worthwhile, also.

I guess it would make the most sense to send the rear shock at the same time, to limit the downtime but honestly I have no real idea what I want to do with it. Sag seems correct, and i think the spring is correct for my weight, but no idea, really.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #3218
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Jack-- Bike looks great. Stickers look cool, everybody-- I still have the stock 2010 stickers and no peeling issues.

I am going to put the PB300 on my calendar, Jack. I would sincerely love to finally get down there.

I have been pretty happy in my own oblivious way to the front fork specifics, but lord knows I love to spend money so now I really want to send them out as well. Havent changed the fork oil since getting it, so in reality it really is time. A week turnaround makes it seem really worthwhile, also.

I guess it would make the most sense to send the rear shock at the same time, to limit the downtime but honestly I have no real idea what I want to do with it. Sag seems correct, and i think the spring is correct for my weight, but no idea, really.
You have a 2010 though which has much better base settings to begin with, particularly in the rear shock. David's work for '09 G450X's is night and day difference in suspension performance.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #3219
DoctorIt
vrooom!

Oddometer: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
I have been pretty happy in my own oblivious way to the front fork specifics, but lord knows I love to spend money so now I really want to send them out as well. ....

I have no real idea what I want to do with it. Sag seems correct, and i think the spring is correct for my weight, but no idea, really.
Ha! You hit the nail on the head here.

Hey, if you got it, spend it! But really, saying we "need it" .... why? To shave seconds off our weekend rides (half of which we usually spend pulling ourselves out of mud puddles)??? Come on.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #3220
davesmyth
Connoisseur

Oddometer: 118
Suspension

Every owner's manual provides instruction on how to set up your suspension. If you are not the prototypical 150-160lbs. rider that manufacturers plan for when they build their bikes, you should be adjusting your suspension for your weight and riding style so that you can get the most out your investment. You can ride the motorcycle stock from the factory, but you're missing out on one of the most important components of the ride.

We'll drop $1000s on exhaust systems, Power Commanders, anodized levers, knobs and covers, but we get upset about spending a few hundred dollars to dial-in the suspension? Seems a little backwards. Proper suspension set-up will make you faster, able to negotiate obstacles better, and less tired throughout your ride.

You don't have to spend money on after-market upgrades, but you should take advantage of the full adjustment available in your stock bike.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorIt View Post

Hey, if you got it, spend it! But really, saying we "need it" .... why? To shave seconds off our weekend rides (half of which we usually spend pulling ourselves out of mud puddles)??? Come on.
davesmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #3221
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorIt View Post

This is very true. I'll hopefully have just enough wherewhithall to change the fluid and go riding
Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #3222
DoctorIt
vrooom!

Oddometer: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmyth View Post
You don't have to spend money on after-market upgrades, but you should take advantage of the full adjustment available in your stock bike.

Dave
Hey now, I never said "ignore everything". I agree 100% and I've done just that: followed the manual to a T, set my sag, and just a couple clicks front and rear have made a plenty significant difference.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #3223
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,136
Well, I don't have the bike yet, but I do have this:

Here's to hoping the dealer managed to get the replacement stator bolts installed. They got them in on Tuesday, but then informed me they were waiting on hardware for the tail-bag. Maybe I'll get lucky and actually be able to ride it this weekend.
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #3224
kiwiAdventure
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMan_79 View Post
I got the same decal kit as you do. 'cept your's looks way cleaner.
I would adjust your chain to only 5mm of play.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #3225
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Well, I don't have the bike yet, but I do have this:

Here's to hoping the dealer managed to get the replacement stator bolts installed. They got them in on Tuesday, but then informed me they were waiting on hardware for the tail-bag. Maybe I'll get lucky and actually be able to ride it this weekend.
Let me know how that does going over logs.