Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #3361
The Shred
Airventurer

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2upadv View Post
Hey Ed, I got 2 radiators that look like that, When you buy the new isolators you will see that they do not come with the hard plastic inserts that you need to stop the rubber from ripping. I have not been able to find a replacement part number for those little plastic pieces, so I regularly remove the rubber and wrap electrical tape on the mount brackets.

They're called anti scuffing inserts - part # 46631451278 $0.60

I have a lot of mil-spec vinyl tubing to guide aircraft control cables. It fits inside the rubber grommet for one more layer of protection. Let me know if you want some. Speaking of vinyl tubing, I made that other thing to grease the swingarm.
The Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #3362
The Shred
Airventurer

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta View Post
As for chunking the sides of that front, what kind of air pressure? I've chunked many a front tire, but typically not the Metz 6 day front or what used to be an MT32 Pirelli

13psi - I was told any lower and you could dent the rim?
Never chunked a front tire that bad before. One day they all came off and I ended up in the trees. Hurt to breath for a couple months after that! Maybe it was just the terrain that day.

The Shred screwed with this post 03-21-2011 at 09:58 PM
The Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #3363
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,771
A few mates over here with the 6 Days oem fitted tore off the side knobs on the front tyre, though mine so far has been great.

The rear, as mentioned doesn't give much traction in wet or muddy conditions and is not great on bitumen transport sections.

Will be fitting Maxxis IT's all round when these wear out.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #3364
kiwiAdventure
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shred View Post
13psi - I was told any lower and you could dent the rim?
Never chunked a front tire that bad before. One day they all came off and I ended up in the trees. Hurt to breath for a couple months after that! Maybe it was just the terrain that day.
I have installed heavy duty tubes and run the tires at 14psi. With the light tubes I had 15psi. Snake bits will happen at low pressure more. The heavy duty tubes helps to stop snake bites
Old 03-22-2011, 07:04 AM   #3365
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiAdventure View Post
I have installed heavy duty tubes and run the tires at 14psi. With the light tubes I had 15psi. Snake bits will happen at low pressure more. The heavy duty tubes helps to stop snake bites
Some say the heavy duty tube can actually increase the instance of snake bite due to the fact there is more rubber to fold over on itself.

I run Tubliss on all my offroad bikes as of late though, however I've managed to chunk knobs so bad that the carcass started to leak on two different occasions now.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #3366
davesmyth
Connoisseur

Oddometer: 118
Tubliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta View Post
Some say the heavy duty tube can actually increase the instance of snake bite due to the fact there is more rubber to fold over on itself.

I run Tubliss on all my offroad bikes as of late though, however I've managed to chunk knobs so bad that the carcass started to leak on two different occasions now.
Bobby,

You know of anyone in NC who installs Tubliss systems? Cycle Gear sells them, but the corporate guidance is that they aren't allowed to install them due to the number of problems they've had.

Dave
davesmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #3367
brommer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Best FIM tyre is the end. comp 3 and 4.

if not for FIM then a AC 10 in the rear but stil a end.comp. in the front

front and rear with bibmouse

brommer screwed with this post 03-22-2011 at 07:28 AM
brommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #3368
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmyth View Post
Bobby,

You know of anyone in NC who installs Tubliss systems? Cycle Gear sells them, but the corporate guidance is that they aren't allowed to install them due to the number of problems they've had.

Dave
I would call Tubliss as I'm sure he might know of a mortar shop able to accomodate you.

I've installed probably 20 of them and had issues with 2-3 even though I knew what I was doing after the first one. They need A LOT of lube and patience, once the Tubliss core is installed on the rim though, it's a piece of cake to change tires in the future.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #3369
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,710
Anyone have a recommendation for a DOT tire and mousse setup? I'm getting to old to be a pack mule, and I don't go fast enough on the street to overheat them. I was thinking of Michelin T-63, but I can't find the rear. I might try the tubeliss, but I'd probably kill it putting it in.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #3370
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,236
Enduro Setup.

Hey: So I finished 2 out of 3 ECEA Enduro's I entered on my G450. I'm finally getting to be" one with the machine" and am
close to getting it "dialed in". One of the important fixes I haven't been able to do is to cut the bars down. It looks like
there's about 3/4" that can be taken off each side of the bars, but the Brake line gets in the way on the Throttle side.
Any ideas on how to bend the solid part of the brake line or a replacement would be helpful.
No matter how I rotate the cable or cylinder, it hits the bars. Any ideas?

Here's a couple of mods I made.

First, Brush Cables. In tight woods, sometimes you have to go off the trail and this keeps small brush from bending the brake
pedal and shifter.

On the Brake side, my boot kept getting hung up or stuck on the skid plate and the case, so I trimmed the Skid plate and
filed down the brake pedal for easier access. Right now I have the stock skid plate but have a TT one on the way, and will modify the brush guards when i get it.

ICO Checkmate Enduro Computer, Route Sheet Holder etc.

Me, after a 2 hour tight section. I found it's better in the low power setting in tight woods.

My class is B Super Senior, most of the guys in that class run 200 to 300 CC Two Strokes
so I'm still at a disadvantage weight wise, but I had a great time. I may try a Hare Scrambles
in May. The club that runs the Green Briar Enduro and Hammer Run is hosting a National May
7 & 8th. The B SSR class runs with the C riders, so we won't be running with the Pro's

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com

jack splash screwed with this post 03-22-2011 at 05:05 PM
jack splash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #3371
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,179
Jack! Will I see you at Curly Fern?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #3372
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash View Post

First off, AWESOME!! I'm jealous. Secondly, I just got a new 2010 G450X (rode it home yesterday, will be posting pics soon). I just bought the same handguards as you: Acerbis Rally Pro's. Did you have an trouble fitting them? Do they work/fit well on this bike?

Thanks, and keep riding hard. Your bike and riding looks great!
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #3373
jack splash
Two Sheds

Acerbis Hand Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz View Post
First off, AWESOME!! I'm jealous. Secondly, I just got a new 2010 G450X (rode it home yesterday, will be posting pics soon). I just bought the same handguards as you: Acerbis Rally Pro's. Did you have an trouble fitting them? Do they work/fit well on this bike?

Thanks, and keep riding hard. Your bike and riding looks great!
Hey:That was qiuck. I have been using the Acerbis Rally Guards for years, no mounting issues, and work and look great. You need to get
and additional mounting kit. I forget which one, but if you need more info I'll look it up.

Notice how scratched up they are from the tight sections.

Thats why I need to cut them down.

Thanks
jack

www.pinebarrens500.org

jack splash screwed with this post 03-22-2011 at 05:23 PM
Old 03-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #3374
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash View Post
Hey:That was qiuck. I have been using the Acerbis Rally Guards for years, no mounting issues, and work and look great. You need to get
and additional mounting kit. I forget which one, but if you need more info I'll look it up.

Notice how scratched up they are from the tight sections.

Thats why I need to cut them down.

Thanks
jack
Sweet. Thanks for the reply. All I have is the mounting kit that came with the guards. If you could point me in the direction of the additional mounting kit that would be great! Thanks!

PS, I was searching around. Is it this?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...andgaurds.aspx

The Griz screwed with this post 03-22-2011 at 05:35 PM
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #3375
jack splash
Two Sheds

Curly Fern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Jack! Will I see you at Curly Fern?
Jason: Are you riding Curly Fern? FYI, Because of State Forest Issues, this years Curly Fern is limited to Firecuts, unimproved and improved roads in the forest. They have some private property , but it's a garbage dump, literally. A few years ago Scott ran over a mattress and got a coil spring wrapped around his rear sprocket.

In addition, this years run is about 95 miles, while Green Brier was 65 and Sandy Lane was 75. 95 miles of sandy whooped out firecuts is tough. So maybe I'll be there. I wasn't planning on it, but the 95 miles makes it interesting. PM me if your going to enter, and maybe I'll join you. Or come down and preride the PB300 with us. Thats plan A, plan B is the enduro.

Here's a few pics I took some years ago while spectating at Curly Fern.

Here's Scott right after running over the mattress.

You can see the mattress by this guys front wheel.

This was right after the start, you would think the club would have moved it prior to the race.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org

jack splash screwed with this post 03-22-2011 at 06:03 PM