User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #2176
itdontlookdeep
just ride

Oddometer: 13
im out for a while

well i wont be riding for a while either. bike needs improvements. so ill be out for a lil bit . but i got a dyno jet kit half way in it. we got the jet in it but the needle they gave us wont fit in the slide. the grooves for the e clip stick out further than the needle it self (wtf right) but my dad and i but the stock needle back in it, and it runs great!!!! for the lil bit i rode it. but I'm having blow by in the motor so my dad and i are going to do a compression test on it and see, plus I'm do for chain and sprockets. so I'm out for riding for a bit hope to see you guys as soon as i can.

itdontlookdeep screwed with this post 12-08-2007 at 05:40 PM
itdontlookdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #2177
DirtFun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkmagnet
I picked up my old MRI today, but I can't read the disk. It says I need Explorer 6 or some shit. I also got a copy of the imaging report. It says in a nut shell that my ACL was torn along with the Miniscus. So why didn't the Dr. address the ACL ?

The findings on the report are:
Medial Meniscus : Irregular tear in the posterior horn
Laterial Meniscus : Normal
Anterior Cruciate : Torn
Posterior Cruciate : NOrmal

It lists all the other ligaments too, with them all being as normal.
So I guess I now get a 2nd opinion to look at the ACL, since it's not been addressed yet.
Anyone know a good lawyer ?

Sorry to hear the bad news on your knee-get well soon!

DirtFun
DirtFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #2178
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkmagnet
Thats what I get for going to a DR. in The Villages, 100,000 retirees.
The radiology report clearly says ACL : torn WTF
I hope I can get this done when I get back from vacation. I really don't want to have to give up riding offroad. I hope I can heal up faster than 6 months. I guess it's time for some high dollar braces now.
There should be a good supply of cadavers up there in The Villages to get that knees fixed!

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #2179
Horatio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe
There should be a good supply of cadavers up there in The Villages to get that knees fixed!

That's one of the positive points of that place.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #2180
Barkmagnet
Kuntz Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe
Yeah but, they also have a high rate of STD's there too.
I can see it now, I go in for ACL replacement and go home with the Clap.
I need to find a young Dr. who knows some new procedures.
Ahhh, what's the difference?
As long as we make it acrossed the river.
Barkmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:24 AM   #2181
bronc3
Lucky 13

Oddometer: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdontlookdeep
well i wont be riding for a while either. bike needs improvements. so ill be out for a lil bit . but i got a dyno jet kit half way in it. we got the jet in it but the needle they gave us wont fit in the slide. the grooves for the e clip stick out further than the needle it self (wtf right) but my dad and i but the stock needle back in it, and it runs great!!!! for the lil bit i rode it. but I'm having blow by in the motor so my dad and i are going to do a compression test on it and see, plus I'm do for chain and sprockets. so I'm out for riding for a bit hope to see you guys as soon as i can.

Hope you get that thing going soon.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:02 AM   #2182
RearView
Caveman Philosopher

Oddometer: 532
Advice on FL riding.

Alright FL riders. I need some advice on some don't miss riding on a route from Pensacola to Key West. I am riding this way mid Jan and heading back early Feb. I have my route planned as far as Chiefland. The only catch is I have to hit Tampa either the way there or the way back. Is there any good routes I should spur off of my main route to get the DR a little dirty? I haven't been out of the panhandle yet, so I haven't explored Central and S. FL. I will be factoring in Ocala one way or the other so anything else would be appreciated. GPS coords (also .gpx files will do) are fine or just map references and I will factor them into my route. I will have the bike fully loaded with dive gear so anything too technical is doable, but tricky. Maybe on the way home after dive school so I don't arrive with a broken limb. Help a cluless ADV out heh. Also, are there any police hotspots to watch out for on the way down. I like to ride very briskly, let's say.
RearView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #2183
Philip Kuntz OP
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,815
I cant really help you with a through route Rearview, get ahold of HTSrocker (Scott) up in the panhandle. He knows alot of rodes.

I went out in search of some riding today and met a guy on a little dune buggy. Chris showed me some pits in the area and the trails that connect them. He stopped in this area and told me to check it out. I did a few hot laps and went down this hill.

It doesnt look that steep, right?! Looks to be a dead end, so figure I will reluctantly try to go back up it. There wasnt much room to get up needed speed, and like an idiot I didnt use all of the available space.

Well, I almost made it but the front wheel came up and changes lines on me, then it just dug in. I took this pic then pulled it back a bit and got it straight again. I got on the bike and tried to go on up, but it was usless as we rolled back down the hill. I bailed off the bike before hitting the trees at the bottom though. A friend of Chris' showed up and bailed me out. He showed me an alternate route out of there, and had crashed his quad on the same hill. He didnt want to go up it either.

This is the old rail bed I was riding.

And this is another pit I was in today, more sick hill climbs on sugar sand. Everyone else I saw was on 4 wheels. I made it up the rest of the hills I tried though, only fell on that one.
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:52 PM   #2184
Horatio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz
I cant really help you with a through route Rearview, get ahold of HTSrocker (Scott) up in the panhandle. He knows alot of rodes.

I went out in search of some riding today and met a guy on a little dune buggy. Chris showed me some pits in the area and the trails that connect them. He stopped in this area and told me to check it out. I did a few hot laps and went down this hill.

It doesnt look that steep, right?! Looks to be a dead end, so figure I will reluctantly try to go back up it. There wasnt much room to get up needed speed, and like an idiot I didnt use all of the available space.

Well, I almost made it but the front wheel came up and changes lines on me, then it just dug in. I took this pic then pulled it back a bit and got it straight again. I got on the bike and tried to go on up, but it was usless as we rolled back down the hill. I bailed off the bike before hitting the trees at the bottom though. A friend of Chris' showed up and bailed me out. He showed me an alternate route out of there, and had crashed his quad on the same hill. He didnt want to go up it either.

This is the old rail bed I was riding.

And this is another pit I was in today, more sick hill climbs on sugar sand. Everyone else I saw was on 4 wheels. I made it up the rest of the hills I tried though, only fell on that one.

What a day you had!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 AM   #2185
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,180
Nice pics PK! Where's that at?

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:34 AM   #2186
Scribe
£Bob£

Looks like we need to do a field trip to Jerry's new place.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:39 AM   #2187
Barkmagnet
Kuntz Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
Pk, you sure is a ridin fool.
Looks like some cool riding areas, are these close to you? The old R/R tracks look like a nice trail.
OK, I'm off to get on a big boat, see you FF's later.
Ahhh, what's the difference?
As long as we make it acrossed the river.
Barkmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:01 AM   #2188
Philip Kuntz OP
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,815
The pics were taken near Bronson, FL. Its about 10 miles South of me. The pits are a bit too challenging for me, this is 4 wheeler country. Looks like I will have to just join my new friends and buy a quad. They all said that the dirtbike will work you to death.

There is not alot of riding like ONF that I have found so far. The state forest here is closed to all motorized vehicles, but that doesnt seem to bother the local quad riders. At least they repect horseback riders, they shut down and pulled over quickly when we encoutered a lady on a horse.

This area is full of dirt roads that are legal to ride, but unfortunately I havent found alot of trails that are legal. I will have to do some more exploring and lay down some more tracks before I would suggest a field trip for you guys. Surely I have only found the tip of the iceberg.

The rail bed gets really interesting where the bushes get 7ft tall and you cant see where you are going 1/2 the time.
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #2189
bronc3
Lucky 13

Oddometer: 1,731
Quote:
Looks like I will have to just join my new friends and buy a quad.

Isn't this a ban-able offense?

Hold your tongue! Get a grip man!
Old 12-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #2190
Scribe
£Bob£

Quote:
The pics were taken near Bronson, FL. Its about 10 miles South of me. The pits are a bit too challenging for me, this is 4 wheeler country. Looks like I will have to just join my new friends and buy a quad. They all said that the dirtbike will work you to death.

There is not alot of riding like ONF that I have found so far. The state forest here is closed to all motorized vehicles, but that doesnt seem to bother the local quad riders. At least they repect horseback riders, they shut down and pulled over quickly when we encoutered a lady on a horse.

This area is full of dirt roads that are legal to ride, but unfortunately I havent found alot of trails that are legal. I will have to do some more exploring and lay down some more tracks before I would suggest a field trip for you guys. Surely I have only found the tip of the iceberg.

The rail bed gets really interesting where the bushes get 7ft tall and you cant see where you are going 1/2 the time.

How far can you follow that rail bed?