Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #46
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,464
Is that what you are going to tell the cop who pulls you over and runs your title and registration?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #47
Barkmagnet
Kuntz Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445
I never said anything about blasting 100mph down service roads. Just wanting to find someone with a big bike that has some power.
If I get a speeding ticket on a back country road it isn't going to get anything closed down.
Dualsport is both pavement and dirt not miles of woops. Putting lights and an illegal tag on a CRF doesn't make it a dualsport, it's still a dirtbike.
I never got to 100mph on a forest road but me and ChrisE did see 80+mph one day. Hey JD....... that 9fiddy sure is a big bike.
Ahhh, what's the difference?
As long as we make it acrossed the river.
Barkmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #48
Barkmagnet
Kuntz Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz
No, you didnt come out and say it, but some of us know you better than that.

Sure, my ride isnt exactly legal. If I could have afforded to dump the money on a KTM, I would have done so. One of these days Honda will get their shit together and make the CRF street legal. KTM makes real dirt bikes that are legal, so in my mind there is no difference. Yamaha is getting close. Its only a matter of time.
You want a KTM ? Well at least you know how to tear them apart in the woods. Sorry, ChrisE,

K Kick
T The
M Mechanic

K Killed
T Tortelli and
M Mcgrath's career
Ahhh, what's the difference?
As long as we make it acrossed the river.
Barkmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #49
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,848
I never said your CRF was what I was talking about. You really need to watch what you post.
Going to jail for a tag is one thing grand larcency is totaly different.
BTW I really have never been over 80 on the dirt, to much of a Puss. Don't plan on doing it again, I ain't no kid anymore. I got an AARP card the other day.

jaydee1445 screwed with this post 05-02-2007 at 05:55 PM
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #50
Philip Kuntz OP
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445
I never said your CRF was what I was talking about. You really need to watch what you post.
Going to jail for a tag is one thing grand larcency is totaly different.
BTW I really have never been over 80 on the dirt, to much of a Puss. Don't plan on doing it again, I ain't no kid anymore. I got an AARP card the other day.
You are a mess Jaydee, thats good to hear though. I just dont want to see you kill yourself on that damn thing trying to break the sound barrier.

I did a VIN search at the states site, clear title, 1 owner, active is what I got. I will try to get a title with the bill of sale I have, and state that the previous owner refuses to help me and its been in my possesion for several months. At least he doesnt owe money on it.
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #51
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz
You are a mess Jaydee, thats good to hear though. I just dont want to see you kill yourself on that damn thing trying to break the sound barrier.

I did a VIN search at the states site, clear title, 1 owner, active is what I got. I will try to get a title with the bill of sale I have, and state that the previous owner refuses to help me and its been in my possesion for several months. At least he doesnt owe money on it.
If you got a bill of sale just tell them the title was lost. You can get a duplicate.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #52
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,598
I've seen 90 down there on the sand. It's easy to do til you look at your speedo and realize how fucking FAST you're going!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #53
ChrisE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkmagnet
I never got to 100mph on a forest road but me and ChrisE did see 80+mph one day. Hey JD....... that 9fiddy sure is a big bike.
No my speedo is in kilometers and I think it only got as high as 55....honestly you honor!

My GPS once told me I did 384mph on the KTM....I can't even have
diarrhea that fast.
'05 BMW R1200RT
'98 Yamaha R1
'93 Bimota DB2
'76 Honda CB400F
ChrisE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #54
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
I've seen 90 down there on the sand. It's easy to do til you look at your speedo and realize how fucking FAST you're going!
The fastest I've been in sand was trying to keep up w/ Flux I guess I can't ride w/ you anymore, it hurts too much when I fall.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #55
Philip Kuntz OP
Fleasy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe
If you got a bill of sale just tell them the title was lost. You can get a duplicate.
I am sure going to try it. Oh I smell an evil plan.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #56
Frankko
Midnight Rambler

Oddometer: 655
Like my girfriend used to say "its almost leather" Listen lady it is or isn't...
Not exactly legal don't cut it PK don' let anybody tell u different, be careful when slabbing. I do appreciate the debate regarding where to ride and what roads it just makes us work harder to find a good ride. As much as I like to ride ONF I would like to go To Georgia and play in Flux's playground Riding beats trailering unless were going to baja? haha You are all demented. I miss the riding like no idea and realized my mistake and am ready to tackle another chapter in my riding carreer.

PK good luck with your title....

Jaydee you need saddle time...

Nutzky you need a bike
Old 05-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #57
flan8tive
Flea Tibet!

Oddometer: 2,188
jaydee...If the Sand Fleas are doing Saturday, maybe the No See 'Ems can do that stretch of clay roads in those orange groves on Sunday morning. I need to load up the Husky with gear and see what shifts or falls off...Wolfman bag, sleeping bag, mattress pad, radiator, etc.

PK: Florida may have what is called a bonded title; you get a title but it is conditional on someone else laying claim to the vehicle. After a certain amount of time it becomes a real title. In the mean time we don't get to visit you in Marion County prison. We need our official fleatographer.

80 Z50R

flan8tive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #58
Philip Kuntz OP
Fleasy Rider

I have heard of that bonded title business before. I have researched it and forgot what I learned. Time to do more research. I heard there was a digit in the VIN that tells the tale "off road use only". Even if you manage to get a street title (out of state or whatnot) they can still call you on this and revoke your title. I could buy a tig welder, build a jig from the old frame out of steel, and build a new frame from materials purchased. Then it would be a newly manufactured bike, assembled from parts. I could then have it inspected, and be issued a street title upon passing. Not worth the money, unless I could sell hundredes of these frame for profit so others could make their CRFs legal. Thats a possible business venture, I already have the mig welder and skills.

In fact, I could cut the head tube off it and weld a new one on and call it a new frame. This mod could be very easy. Hypothetically of course.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #59
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK
In fact, I could cut the head tube off it and weld a new one on and call it a new frame. This mod could be very easy. Hypothetically of course
or just say you did?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:24 AM   #60
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flan8tive
jaydee...If the Sand Fleas are doing Saturday, maybe the No See 'Ems can do that stretch of clay roads in those orange groves on Sunday morning. I need to load up the Husky with gear and see what shifts or falls off...Wolfman bag, sleeping bag, mattress pad, radiator, etc.
Why do you want to load up the Husky when you got the Fant comming?
I think I'm heading to the Swamp and hang out with Jack Daniel Saturday.
After a night @ the Bayport Inn I'll be in no shape to get up early Sunday.
We could do it The following Week.