Subscribed
Danielmoben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #17237
Starchamp
Rebel Scum

Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg MacD View Post
Okay, I searched and can't find what I am looking for so I am going to ask.....I know the answer is out here some place, but anyway.....I just bought a stock set of SM wheels for my DRz, they have the stock 310mm rotor installed, what I am looking for is an adapter to move my stock caliber (S model bike) to work with the lager rotor.....I have found an adapter for a 320mm rotor, but I'm not necessarily looking to buy another rotor too.

Where can I find a bracket that will work for a 310mm rotor???

thanks for the help!
I don't think there's an adapter to relocate the S caliper to fit the SM rotor. Since the hub is the same, your cheapest option is to buy another S rotor and put it on the SM wheel. Otherwise, you'll need the 320mm relocator bracket and TWO 320mm rotors.
Starchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #17238
Starchamp
Rebel Scum

Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielmoben View Post
Hi, where did you buy the gallon tank? (I mean tank and support) Do you know any international suplier?

Thanks!

www.mobenmotorcycles.blogspot.com
It's a Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr. 1.5g tank, very similar to the RotopaX products, and mounts the same way. I'm sure if you search for either one of those, you'll probably find an international source local to you.
Starchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #17239
Danielmoben
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchamp View Post
It's a Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr. 1.5g tank, very similar to the RotopaX products, and mounts the same way. I'm sure if you search for either one of those, you'll probably find an international source local to you.
Thanks I will try, I think it's an interesting option for long routes...

www.mobenmotorcycles.blogspot.com
Danielmoben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #17240
Rockaway
Gregtiger800

Oddometer: 75
Question??

I'm running a set of Warp 9 rims(love em) with ktm size 450 hubs on my DRZ. I'd like to get my gearing back to stock (DRZ S model). I've ordered a 40 size rear sprocket. What are your thoughts??

Any help is appreciated...

Love the rims.. They are a great compromise for adventure/ dual sport riding. I own a 2006 drz400 sm. But would like the bike to travel smoother, less buzzy, on the freeways while I commute on it with the larger tires. I'll stick with my stock setup while I have the sm tires on it...

Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rockaway screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 07:31 AM
Rockaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #17241
Greg MacD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
I don't think there's an adapter to relocate the S caliper to fit the SM rotor. Since the hub is the same, your cheapest option is to buy another S rotor and put it on the SM wheel. Otherwise, you'll need the 320mm relocator bracket and TWO 320mm rotors.
Thanks, looks like I am going to fork out another $200 or so on the SM wheels.....Guess the 320 conversion will be bad ass, might be worth the extra money!
"Drinking Rum before 10 am does not make you an Alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate"
Greg MacD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #17242
Greg MacD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Why two rotors? One for each set of rims?
"Drinking Rum before 10 am does not make you an Alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate"
Greg MacD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #17243
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Or just run the S disk on the dirt wheels like normal.
09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #17244
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,690
Can anybody offer advice for jetting my stock DRZ for riding in -10C? (I think) I know I need to add more fuel to richen up the mixture, but that's where my knowledge ends :)
Old 02-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #17245
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmEff View Post
Can anybody offer advice for jetting my stock DRZ for riding in -10C? (I think) I know I need to add more fuel to richen up the mixture, but that's where my knowledge ends :)
It is running poorly now? I've ridden mine down to 10 deg F or so and it ran fine. It's probably not optimal, but for most of us, adjusting jetting with weather changes is a bridge too far. You jet for the average conditions and live with the extremes.

- Mark

markjenn screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 08:22 PM
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #17246
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,682
Quote:
contact Eddie. http://www.sisnerosspeedworks.com/ http://www.epicmotosports.com/catalo...atalogId=-2183
he is the master.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #17247
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,664
Quote:
I'm a believer in the James Dean Jetting kits. They are designed to work with the 3x3 mod, which is to remove the snorkle in your airbox and enlarge the hole to 3"x3". This gives more air to go along with the increase in fuel that the jetting kit provides. The kit comes with very good instructions, but they forget to mention to buy the Kientech extended fuel screw and use the stock pilot jet when re-jetting. The Kientech richens up the pilot circuit, which eliminates the need for the larger pilot jet. I did this mod to three DRZ-S's and they all turned out great. I ride in 14f degree temps (-10c) and the bike runs very well.

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #17248
motolab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
Hardly. In my experience, his jetting recommendations for the FCR for the DRZ400 are way off. In fact, once the jetting is corrected, all of the gymnastics with the accelerator pump become superfluous.

Regards,

Derek

motolab screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 07:58 PM
motolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #17249
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
It is running poorly now? I've ridden mine down to 10 deg F or so and it ran fine. It's probably not optimal, but for most of us, adjusting jetting with weather changes is a bridge too far. You jet for the average conditions and live with the extremes.
To be honest, I haven't actually had it out in this temp. I am just afraid of doing any damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
Probably sound advice, but I don't have time to spare. The way this winter has been going, I probably have a couple of weeks at the absolute most and I only decided at the last minute that this was worth pursuing. I'm hoping to figure out something and get parts locall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpiner57 View Post
I'm a believer in the James Dean Jetting kits. They are designed to work with the 3x3 mod, which is to remove the snorkle in your airbox and enlarge the hole to 3"x3". This gives more air to go along with the increase in fuel that the jetting kit provides. The kit comes with very good instructions, but they forget to mention to buy the Kientech extended fuel screw and use the stock pilot jet when re-jetting. The Kientech richens up the pilot circuit, which eliminates the need for the larger pilot jet. I did this mod to three DRZ-S's and they all turned out great. I ride in 14f degree temps (-10c) and the bike runs very well.
I don't doubt your results, but I would've thought the jetting wouldn't be able to span such a temperature range. When I use to ride a snowmobile, I know they were jetted from the factory for around 0F which meant when the temps got close to freezing, the jetting was off. I imagine the same thing would be true in reverse (jetted for above freezing meant it'd be off at below freezing). I'll see how it runs as is, but I'm worried about doing damage.

Thanks for all the replies!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 AM   #17250
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,322
Quote:
To be honest, I haven't actually had it out in this temp. I am just afraid of doing any damage.
You're not going to do any damage. Again, the jetting may be somewhat leaner than optimal for very cold temps, but you can't hurt the engine. I bet it will run fine.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote