User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #18226
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 843
Nice pics guys!

Wow, Sonoma sure resembles parts of the BC interior!
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #18227
ridemorestressless
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
clymer

Anyone in south Fl want a free Clymer manual book for 2000-2009 drz400 e, s, sm?
ridemorestressless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #18228
Psycho18th
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrrally View Post
what gremlins are they?

i have a tusk wyring harness on my drz and love it, better than factory
I've been more than happy with my tusk setup. Easy install, and has been through much since. Like this with no issues:

00 and '07 YAM TTR 90s (kids' bikes)
89 Lockheed F-16C (Work vehicle )
Psycho18th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #18229
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
2013 dr-z400

Howdy,
I'm looking to a new bike to stable. I currently have a 94 yamaha xt225 with approx.11800+ miles. I've teaching one of my kids how to ride and at the end of the month, she's going take her motorcycle education course. I want something bigger and the DRZ400 seems just right....other than the height. I do some freeway, street and dirt, but mostly street. When i ride dirt, it's just trails and forest service roads. I'm not out jumping, or doing any supermoto cross stuff. I'm a noob, learning and trying not crash to much...on the dirt/mud.
Anyways, how do you'all like the new DRZ? ESPICALLY STOCK BIKES. I want something with more freeway speed, my current bikes 69mph MAX, before it bugers out.
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #18230
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,664
I love the pics too guys. Awesome trails and beautiful scenery!

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #18231
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlclaflin View Post
Howdy,
I'm looking to a new bike to stable. I currently have a 94 yamaha xt225 with approx.11800+ miles. I've teaching one of my kids how to ride and at the end of the month, she's going take her motorcycle education course. I want something bigger and the DRZ400 seems just right....other than the height. I do some freeway, street and dirt, but mostly street. When i ride dirt, it's just trails and forest service roads. I'm not out jumping, or doing any supermoto cross stuff. I'm a noob, learning and trying not crash to much...on the dirt/mud.
Anyways, how do you'all like the new DRZ? ESPICALLY STOCK BIKES. I want something with more freeway speed, my current bikes 69mph MAX, before it bugers out.
My first street legal bike was a 97 XT. Now I have an 06 Drz.

You will love it in every way.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #18232
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
My first street legal bike was a 97 XT. Now I have an 06 Drz.

You will love it in every way.
i'm one of those short *ucker, i have a 29" in-seam. i sat on one today, scary. tippy toes!! The sales man mentioned something about a low profile seat...i just checked the suz.website and found nothing. i'll keep looking around, if only the bike was 1-2" lower seat height.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #18233
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,629
Quote:
i'm one of those short *ucker, i have a 29" in-seam. i sat on one today, scary. tippy toes!! The sales man mentioned something about a low profile seat...i just checked the suz.website and found nothing. i'll keep looking around, if only the bike was 1-2" lower seat height.
Seat Concepts Low Seat

You will love it! My bike is basically stock (little things like the seat, and sprokets). I love it that way! Plenty of power and speed for a true dual sport. With stock gearing, it will run 90mph no problem (I have 14/47 sprokets now for better off road, and it still does 80+). Lots of people mod the intake, exhaust and everything in between. I feel no need at this point, and I have been riding for nearly 20yrs...but this is my first dirt bike.

I have the SC low seat, and would like the standard seat...just in case someone out there is wanting to trade me Mine only has about 300mi of riding on it...perfect shape. I would like a tad more foam for cushion on really long rides (over 5hrs in the saddle). Otherwise, the low is great.

fifthcircle screwed with this post 04-09-2013 at 09:59 PM
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #18234
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Seat Concepts Low Seat

You will love it! My bike is basically stock (little things like the seat, and sprokets). I love it that way! Plenty of power and speed for a true dual sport. With stock gearing, it will run 90mph no problem (I have 14/47 sprokets now for better off road, and it still does 80+). Lots of people mod the intake, exhaust and everything in between. I feel no need at this point, and I have been riding for nearly 20yrs...but this is my first dirt bike.

I have the SC low seat, and would like the standard seat...just in case someone out there is wanting to trade me Mine only has about 300mi of riding on it...perfect shape. I would like a tad more foam for cushion on really long rides (over 5hrs in the saddle). Otherwise, the low is great.
cool, i believe in keeping things stock as well. sure i can go buy the new honda crf250l, because it's cheap. but then i need to turn around and spend $500-2000 to get the bike where i want it...does not make sense to me. just buy a bike that is already there/ ready to go out the box. i was looking at Procycle.com and they have some lowering links. any info on those?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #18235
DRDeano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazboy View Post
from my ride today..about 130 miles total around sonoma county\

king ridge road

hauser bridge

sea view road looking at goat rock

What mirrors are they?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
DRDeano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #18236
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,332
that's a bar end mirror mount in side not out
Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #18237
The Recycled Teenager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
I turned my own, but a quick search reveals the likes of Moose and these: http://2wheelcentral.com/spacers.html
Apparently they no longer sell them BUT
This is where they are sold now http://www.kytechmachine.com/motorcy...scomm/catalog/

2009 DRZ400S 2000 BMW 1150GS 1976 TY 175 2010 Beta EVO 250
KLR 650-sold
1977 BMW R100-sold
The Recycled Teenager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #18238
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,420
Quote:
Howdy,
its pretty good. the stock tires are very good on the street, ok for fireroads, not good for mud.

I have 22K miles on mine, and have gone back to "s" street gearing. original clutch. lots of brake pads, tires, and oil changes though.

change oil every 1K miles and enjoy. it pulls well and cuises at 70 longer than you'll want to.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #18239
THRASHED
Moving on Up

Oddometer: 280
Front Fender Brace

I did a search and was surprised that I didn't find anything on this. I am considering installing a front fender brace http://procycle.us/images/bikepages/...enderbrace.jpg

I have read that it helps with stability at speed. Anybody use one of these?

Thanks,

THRASHED
THRASHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #18240
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,338
I rode left hand canyon last weekend. Loved the trails, didnt like my tire selection or gearing: (Tires are shinko 705's, gearing 13/47) Tires were nice and stable for the road but not great in technical loose terrain, gearing was great offroad but topped out way too early on the road. The bike just got reassembled (WP fix, gaskets, and hoses) and is in a bit of a purgatory!