ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #18226
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur
 
Tropic-Of-Canada's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver Island, BC
Oddometer: 843
Nice pics guys!

Wow, Sonoma sure resembles parts of the BC interior!
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #18227
ridemorestressless
Adventurer
 
ridemorestressless's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 48
clymer

Anyone in south Fl want a free Clymer manual book for 2000-2009 drz400 e, s, sm?
ridemorestressless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #18228
Psycho18th
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrrally View Post
what gremlins are they?

i have a tusk wyring harness on my drz and love it, better than factory
I've been more than happy with my tusk setup. Easy install, and has been through much since. Like this with no issues:


__________________
02 DRZ400E Dualsported in AZ
14 KTM 250 XCW (Plated in AZ)
85 HON XL80S (Wife's ride)
00 and '07 YAM TTR 90s (kids' bikes)
89 Lockheed F-16C (Work vehicle )
Psycho18th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #18229
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: North Idaho
Oddometer: 241
2013 dr-z400

Howdy,
I'm looking to a new bike to stable. I currently have a 94 yamaha xt225 with approx.11800+ miles. I've teaching one of my kids how to ride and at the end of the month, she's going take her motorcycle education course. I want something bigger and the DRZ400 seems just right....other than the height. I do some freeway, street and dirt, but mostly street. When i ride dirt, it's just trails and forest service roads. I'm not out jumping, or doing any supermoto cross stuff. I'm a noob, learning and trying not crash to much...on the dirt/mud.
Anyways, how do you'all like the new DRZ? ESPICALLY STOCK BIKES. I want something with more freeway speed, my current bikes 69mph MAX, before it bugers out.
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #18230
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,664
I love the pics too guys. Awesome trails and beautiful scenery!
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #18231
Falcon86
I just work here.
 
Falcon86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA/Slaty Fork, WV
Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlclaflin View Post
Howdy,
I'm looking to a new bike to stable. I currently have a 94 yamaha xt225 with approx.11800+ miles. I've teaching one of my kids how to ride and at the end of the month, she's going take her motorcycle education course. I want something bigger and the DRZ400 seems just right....other than the height. I do some freeway, street and dirt, but mostly street. When i ride dirt, it's just trails and forest service roads. I'm not out jumping, or doing any supermoto cross stuff. I'm a noob, learning and trying not crash to much...on the dirt/mud.
Anyways, how do you'all like the new DRZ? ESPICALLY STOCK BIKES. I want something with more freeway speed, my current bikes 69mph MAX, before it bugers out.
My first street legal bike was a 97 XT. Now I have an 06 Drz.

You will love it in every way.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #18232
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: North Idaho
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
My first street legal bike was a 97 XT. Now I have an 06 Drz.

You will love it in every way.
i'm one of those short *ucker, i have a 29" in-seam. i sat on one today, scary. tippy toes!! The sales man mentioned something about a low profile seat...i just checked the suz.website and found nothing. i'll keep looking around, if only the bike was 1-2" lower seat height.
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #18233
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlclaflin View Post
i'm one of those short *ucker, i have a 29" in-seam. i sat on one today, scary. tippy toes!! The sales man mentioned something about a low profile seat...i just checked the suz.website and found nothing. i'll keep looking around, if only the bike was 1-2" lower seat height.
Seat Concepts Low Seat

You will love it! My bike is basically stock (little things like the seat, and sprokets). I love it that way! Plenty of power and speed for a true dual sport. With stock gearing, it will run 90mph no problem (I have 14/47 sprokets now for better off road, and it still does 80+). Lots of people mod the intake, exhaust and everything in between. I feel no need at this point, and I have been riding for nearly 20yrs...but this is my first dirt bike.

I have the SC low seat, and would like the standard seat...just in case someone out there is wanting to trade me Mine only has about 300mi of riding on it...perfect shape. I would like a tad more foam for cushion on really long rides (over 5hrs in the saddle). Otherwise, the low is great.
__________________
Undertake what’s easy as if it were hard, and what’s hard as if it were easy. -Baltasar Gracian

fifthcircle screwed with this post 04-09-2013 at 09:59 PM
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #18234
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: North Idaho
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Seat Concepts Low Seat

You will love it! My bike is basically stock (little things like the seat, and sprokets). I love it that way! Plenty of power and speed for a true dual sport. With stock gearing, it will run 90mph no problem (I have 14/47 sprokets now for better off road, and it still does 80+). Lots of people mod the intake, exhaust and everything in between. I feel no need at this point, and I have been riding for nearly 20yrs...but this is my first dirt bike.

I have the SC low seat, and would like the standard seat...just in case someone out there is wanting to trade me Mine only has about 300mi of riding on it...perfect shape. I would like a tad more foam for cushion on really long rides (over 5hrs in the saddle). Otherwise, the low is great.
cool, i believe in keeping things stock as well. sure i can go buy the new honda crf250l, because it's cheap. but then i need to turn around and spend $500-2000 to get the bike where i want it...does not make sense to me. just buy a bike that is already there/ ready to go out the box. i was looking at Procycle.com and they have some lowering links. any info on those?
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #18235
DRDeano
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Adelaide
Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazboy View Post
from my ride today..about 130 miles total around sonoma county\


king ridge road





hauser bridge




sea view road looking at goat rock



What mirrors are they?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
DRDeano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #18236
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer
 
tdrrally's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: doing hard time in charleston,wv
Oddometer: 3,332
that's a bar end mirror mount in side not out
__________________
1980 TS125 project in the corner
tdrrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #18237
The Recycled Teenager
Studly Adventurer
 
The Recycled Teenager's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
I turned my own, but a quick search reveals the likes of Moose and these: http://2wheelcentral.com/spacers.html
Apparently they no longer sell them BUT
This is where they are sold now http://www.kytechmachine.com/motorcy...scomm/catalog/
__________________
A good time to keep your mouth shut is when your in deep water

2009 DRZ400S 2000 BMW 1150GS 1976 TY 175 2010 Beta EVO 250
KLR 650-sold
1977 BMW R100-sold
The Recycled Teenager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #18238
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer
 
ohgood's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: alabama
Oddometer: 2,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlclaflin View Post
Howdy,
I'm looking to a new bike to stable. I currently have a 94 yamaha xt225 with approx.11800+ miles. I've teaching one of my kids how to ride and at the end of the month, she's going take her motorcycle education course. I want something bigger and the DRZ400 seems just right....other than the height. I do some freeway, street and dirt, but mostly street. When i ride dirt, it's just trails and forest service roads. I'm not out jumping, or doing any supermoto cross stuff. I'm a noob, learning and trying not crash to much...on the dirt/mud.
Anyways, how do you'all like the new DRZ? ESPICALLY STOCK BIKES. I want something with more freeway speed, my current bikes 69mph MAX, before it bugers out.
its pretty good. the stock tires are very good on the street, ok for fireroads, not good for mud.

I have 22K miles on mine, and have gone back to "s" street gearing. original clutch. lots of brake pads, tires, and oil changes though.

change oil every 1K miles and enjoy. it pulls well and cuises at 70 longer than you'll want to.
__________________
Donkeys are flying
ohgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #18239
THRASHED
Moving on Up
 
THRASHED's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 280
Front Fender Brace

I did a search and was surprised that I didn't find anything on this. I am considering installing a front fender brace http://procycle.us/images/bikepages/...enderbrace.jpg

I have read that it helps with stability at speed. Anybody use one of these?

Thanks,

THRASHED
THRASHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #18240
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer
 
bobfab's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Westminster CO
Oddometer: 1,338
I rode left hand canyon last weekend. Loved the trails, didnt like my tire selection or gearing: (Tires are shinko 705's, gearing 13/47) Tires were nice and stable for the road but not great in technical loose terrain, gearing was great offroad but topped out way too early on the road. The bike just got reassembled (WP fix, gaskets, and hoses) and is in a bit of a purgatory!

__________________
CRF250L | KTM200SX
bobfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014