Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #19141
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 5,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post

So if Eddie isn't the go to guy, who is?
I got a dremel and a bottle of Bulleit......
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #19142
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
That was where the bike was built....I had a garage, but it was not air conditioned So the kitchen worked better. Here you can see the upper motor mounts I widdled down on the mill. I also used cardboard under the stand to prevent scratching the floor.
]
Any pics of the bike completed? Looks great with the white frame!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #19143
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
I got a dremel and a bottle of Bulleit......

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #19144
HiJincs
Wanna' B Hooligan

Oddometer: 623
Couple of Newbie DRZ Questions

Just picked up a 2005 SM and need to know what would make the front inside brake pad wear 2 to 3 times faster than the outside pad.

Also, anyone care to cut and paste the proper procedure for removing and installing the front wheel on an SM? I just want to make sure I'm doing it in the right order and torque settings.

TIA

When I die, show no pity, send my soul to Juggalo City.
Dig my grave six feet deep and put two Sidi's on my feet.
Put some leather over my chest and tell my family I did my best!
HiJincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #19145
The Recycled Teenager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
No action shots? Or is there a trip report somewhere for those?

I'd like to know more about what trails you rode, and where the DRZ felt good, vs felt too big. Trying to plan a trip for this fall or next spring.

I did Metal Masher, White Rim and many more last spring. The DRZ is fine for all of this but be VERY cautious on Rose Garden Hill its an experts only trail ! best to leave that one to the Young and the Restless

2009 DRZ400S 2000 BMW 1150GS 1976 TY 175 2010 Beta EVO 250
KLR 650-sold
1977 BMW R100-sold
The Recycled Teenager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #19146
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
No action shots? Or is there a trip report somewhere for those?

I'd like to know more about what trails you rode, and where the DRZ felt good, vs felt too big. Trying to plan a trip for this fall or next spring.
We only really did Fin's and Things in the sand flats rec area. The rest of the riding was limited to dirt roads / 2 track. We didnt run as many hard trails as i would have liked but the company was novices, rental jeeps and buggies.

It did fins and things at race pace without breaking a sweat... unlike me
Old 06-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #19147
makazica
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
Klx 400

Sorry for a probably silly question, but can anyone confirm that 2001 Kawasaki KLX 400 engine parts fully fit onto an 2001 DRZ 400 engine.

Specifically I'm interested in gearbox parts, second and third sprocket on the output shaft and the second sprocket on the clutch shaft, looking from the left, also I'll be needing the left "fork" on the output shaft.

Thanks a lot!

M.
makazica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #19148
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenwerk View Post
My 400S needs some new tires. Currently there are D606s on there from the previous owner 90/90-21 on the front and 120/90-18 on the rear. As I am using this bike for mostly highway use the D606s are dieing a rapid death - especially the front tire.

I have Mitas E-07s on my BMW 650 GS and they work quite well for me and are priced decently and was thinking of installing these on my DRZ. Question is will a 140/80-18 fit or rather work shall I say work well for the the stuff that I do, which is to and from work (15km each way on pavement) and weekend back dirt road warrior with no "serious" off road stuff? 140 seems quite a jump up from the original 110 - the issue with the 130 is that is only available in 130/80-18 which is shorter than the original tire by just a bit. I would rather get my RPMs down and not up. Perhaps I am splitting hairs too much and should just to the 130/80s?
Just do the 130. I have a 140 on my pig and it rubs on the inner plastic guard. Great tire btw, hooks up pretty good.
Ex 950ADV
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #19149
bobbed06
Cavalera Conspirator

Oddometer: 1,172
Quote:
My DRZ is using oil. I think it needs rings, so I'm gonna put a 434 in. I want headwork (ie. bigger valves/ported) so I can maximize the performance. Also, planning on FCR and Hotcams.
The porting or valve size in the DRZ head is not a limiting factor even on a 434cc build.....bigger valves and porting are only beneficial on 462cc or 470cc stroker builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfab View Post
Any pics of the bike completed? Looks great with the white frame!
Here ya go..... Thank You for the compliment.

bobbed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #19150
Xylx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Moab DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Recycled Teenager View Post
I did Metal Masher, White Rim and many more last spring. The DRZ is fine for all of this but be VERY cautious on Rose Garden Hill its an experts only trail ! best to leave that one to the Young and the Restless
Did White Rim in April. Much improved from a decade ago. There's outhouses ! Easy for DRZ. Behind the Rocks is good too. Although at the ledge after the sand on the way up to the Pritchett overlook I dumped the DRZ on myself. Drain the carb, start over. I wanted to do Kane Creek, but my buddy said no. He has done it and said it was really difficult and he's the guy who usually gets us in trouble. Ran into a gang of KTM 450 guys from Montana fixing flats out by Bartlett wash. There's some very nice rides out there. Don't miss the Tusher tunnel. DRZ can take most anything. There are some good posts on here about tire choice and pressure. If you're riding the White Rim have a DOT tire. They give out tickets. D606 works fine. Heavy duty tube at about 17 psi seems to be a good compromise.
Xylx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #19151
The Recycled Teenager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylx View Post
Did White Rim in April. Much improved from a decade ago. There's outhouses ! Easy for DRZ. Behind the Rocks is good too. Although at the ledge after the sand on the way up to the Pritchett overlook I dumped the DRZ on myself. Drain the carb, start over. I wanted to do Kane Creek, but my buddy said no. He has done it and said it was really difficult and he's the guy who usually gets us in trouble. Ran into a gang of KTM 450 guys from Montana fixing flats out by Bartlett wash. There's some very nice rides out there. Don't miss the Tusher tunnel. DRZ can take most anything. There are some good posts on here about tire choice and pressure. If you're riding the White Rim have a DOT tire. They give out tickets. D606 works fine. Heavy duty tube at about 17 psi seems to be a good compromise.

Did a whole bunch of trails including White Rim twice, had Maxis IT desert tires on and never saw any one giving out tickets

Did make it up to Tower Arch the long way round up the VERY deep sand climb, tires did great on that but several others tried the same route and did not make it had to turn back down hill.
Maybe I was lucky or highly skilled I may never know

2009 DRZ400S 2000 BMW 1150GS 1976 TY 175 2010 Beta EVO 250
KLR 650-sold
1977 BMW R100-sold
The Recycled Teenager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #19152
focallength
Numpty

Oddometer: 4,162
Quote:
Yeah, it seems lately he isn't shipping stuff out when he says and customers are getting pissed. I'm sure his work is great. It's just his logistics are sub par. Nevertheless, I want my stuff back in a timely manner.

So if Eddie isn't the go to guy, who is?
Its not him its the dip shit owner of epic motorsports...
Old 06-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #19153
focallength
Numpty

Oddometer: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
Not sure how many cans it would take to fill each radiator or at least get enough in there to slosh around. I'll but a few and give it a try tho.

I forgot to mention as well... I came across a web site a while back that had high capacity racing radiators for like $300 a set but I can't find it again. Anyone know where I can get radiators for around $300?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Mylers, sells oversized radiators for $300 a pair..100% garuntee and can rebuild them for something like $15 ea. If you munch them.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #19154
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,355
Soooo...whos got a FCR for meeeee
Ex 950ADV
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #19155
DualSportDad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by focallength View Post
Mylers, sells oversized radiators for $300 a pair..100% garuntee and can rebuild them for something like $15 ea. If you munch them.
Thanks, that's the best deal yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
DualSportDad is offline   Reply With Quote