Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 06:02 AM   #10456
Naq
Kitsune

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosso View Post

Any guesses or is it probably just the switch?

M.
Are you using this wiring diagram?

It looks like the wire through the six pin connector is supposed to be solid yellow for high beam only. Power supply to the common pole on the headlight switch is yellow/white through a separate single wire connector.

'02 FZ1, '02 DRZ400S, '09 TE250
Naq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #10457
SSG B
Rounds complete

Oddometer: 579
Lower Seat?

What kind of seat is that? It appears to be lower than the stock seat. I will soon be in the market for a seat with lower height than the stocker.

Or are the lowering dogbones a better way to do this? With boots on I can put the tips of both boots on the ground at the same time, a little too high for my personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
This is more like an outdoors tool i am sure a lot of ridez have lift/lifts in their garage.
On my DRZ400 I usually attach it to my front fork (special set up for quick removal).

01 DRZ400E Tagged
SSG B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #10458
bobbed06
Cavalera Conspirator

Oddometer: 1,182
I want to simplify my wiring harness, eliminate the dash subpanel, rad temp sensors, neutral switch, and the flasher box from my bike. I dont run turn signals and I want my fan controlled by the switch only. Once I get the bike more completed I will start on that project, along with redrawing a new schematic for service reference.

I am sure I will need some tips along the way.
bobbed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #10459
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naq View Post
Are you using this wiring diagram?

It looks like the wire through the six pin connector is supposed to be solid yellow for high beam only. Power supply to the common pole on the headlight switch is yellow/white through a separate single wire connector.
That's the diagram I was trying to use...but I goofed and wired the 6way terminal light supply thru the hi-beam indicator Your copy is a lot cleaner than the version I found.

I simply need to take the supply line that I plugged into the 6-way plug and terminate it on the unused, and unloved bullet connector.

I took the switch apart last night before being alerted to my goof by the TT forum. Sigh.

Will be fixed tonight, and will be riding tomorrow.

M.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #10460
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc View Post
I have ridden 2 bikes equiped with the Rekluse auto clutch and the left hand rear brake (LHRB) and i have to say man what a difference it makes! You never have to use the clutch or have to worry about stalling the engine ever again. And when in tight right hand down hill switch backs all you have to do is use 2 fingers on the rear brake and ride right thru the switch back with worring about how am I going to do this AND use the rear brake.

As soon as I can afford to get one I will put that setup on my DRZ!
If you haven't already, install the kick start kit. An auto clutch precludes bump starting, leaving you stranded if the battery dies.

I love the auto clutch on my KTM300, but would not install one on my DRZ. With the bigger bike, I like being able to "self-arrest" if I stop on a hill.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #10461
jeff_in_rc
A DRZ kind of guy

Oddometer: 616
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
If you haven't already, install the kick start kit. An auto clutch precludes bump starting, leaving you stranded if the battery dies.

I love the auto clutch on my KTM300, but would not install one on my DRZ. With the bigger bike, I like being able to "self-arrest" if I stop on a hill.
Great advice there HellSickle but a year and a half too late! That was one of my first mods to my DRZ. That and the SSK battery and free power mod from TT. Now all I need is the extra $$$ to do it!

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #10462
bobbed06
Cavalera Conspirator

Guys, I need some small hardware and absolutely hate to think about paying 7-10 bux shipping for these washers so I am asking for a bit of help. Do any of you have extra lower radiator shroud washers that you would be willing to drop in an envelope and send me? I have Paypal.

Part 28-1 (I need four of them)

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?...05&model=10127

I am gonna head to the Hardware store and see if I can find a suitable substitute now.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #10463
craigman
Lost in the woods

Oddometer: 444
my scoot

Its a 2001 DRZ400K. Has anyone here ever had any success putting e-start on a kicker only bike?

Sod Buster; "That job Sucks unless you have a monkey."

craigman screwed with this post 09-09-2011 at 03:25 PM
craigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #10464
southy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigman View Post
Its a 2001 DRZ400K. Has anyone here ever had any success putting e-start on a kicker only bike?
I'm sure it could be done but is it financially viable. Maybe if you could pick up a cheap complete E with a blown motor or some other major issue that had all the parts needed for the conversion. Might work out cheaper to sell the kicker and buy and E.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #10465
craigman
Lost in the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by southy View Post
I'm sure it could be done but is it financially viable. Maybe if you could pick up a cheap complete E with a blown motor or some other major issue that had all the parts needed for the conversion. Might work out cheaper to sell the kicker and buy and E.

Yea I agree. I think the work would be ridiculous. My bike is solid and reliable as hell. Its just those rare moments when its hot as hell and I'm on a hill or tricky spot and I'm like "Damn!, wish this yello pig had the magic button!!"

Doesn't help either when you ride with agroup that all have it but you. LOL They stop to talk and I let mine idle!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #10466
bobbed06
Cavalera Conspirator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigman View Post

That would be a sin. Not only that but the cost is rediculous. different cases, crank, flywheel, stator, subframe, wiring harness etc etc... Besides K bikes are hard to find especially tagged. The K bikes are real performers from the factory. Good cams, high compression, lightweight crank, and weigh less than the S bikes.Better off to sell that and buy an S and install a kicker kit, No on second thought better keep kicking that one!

bobbed06 screwed with this post 09-09-2011 at 05:42 PM
Old 09-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #10467
craigman
Lost in the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
That would be a sin. Not only that but the cost is rediculous. different cases, crank, flywheel, stator, subframe, wiring harness etc etc... Besides K bikes are hard to find especially tagged. The K bikes are real performers from the factory. Good cams, high compression, lightweight crank, and weigh less than the S bikes.Better off to sell that and buy an S and install a kicker kit, No on second thought better keep kicking that one!
Thats pretty funny! Yea I'm keeping the DizzerKicker! It rocks. I would however consider adding a RMZ450 to the stable. That would make a fun plated bike!

Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #10468
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Oddometer: 4,276
Clutch issuses

So ive been having a reaccuring problem. My clutch gradually gets loose over a relativly short period of time. I have to tighten the cable 2,3,4 times a ride. 08drz new clutch, thinking the cable is bad? I have a set of asv levers on the bike. Any thoughts?
Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #10469
Fictitious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
I dont know how I missed your post but I appreciate the info. I will readup on your thread for details. Thank You

Updated... I read your DRZ Safari buildup thread and noticed at some points you ran the Trailtech X2, and also the Polisport unit as well. How did you like the Polisport performance and weight if you remember that info?

On another note I recall some guys wishing for a Wide ratio Trans for the DRZ. Well there is a fella making a WR Tranny kit for the DRZ currently. The first batch had 5th gear clearance issues so a new 5th gear is in the works. There is also speculation that the engine will not pull the wider ratios in stock form, so the WR kit may only be suitable for modded engines.
Really? :O where did you find out about this? Is there any information available on the web? I tried googling it but couldn't find anything. Which WR is it from?
Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #10470
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG B View Post
What kind of seat is that? It appears to be lower than the stock seat. I will soon be in the market for a seat with lower height than the stocker.

Or are the lowering dogbones a better way to do this? With boots on I can put the tips of both boots on the ground at the same time, a little too high for my personal preference.

A Corbin seat is cut lower, Quite abit lower than stock or most others I've seen.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 09-11-2011 at 06:23 PM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote