User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2008, 04:16 AM   #1441
endurotour
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
soon i ride my drz

woo hoo.. in about 19 hours i get to ride my DRZ400, i have been away for 4 weeks and having fun around the globe, but i miss the bike, today has been a motor bike 50cc taxi through bangkok, good for the aderenilian, would test the GP ridfers of the world,,, also now own a DR650rs in england which i used in europe, but tht would go elsewere... any hoo i have a tioger beer beside the computer in kowsang road, bangkok and its all good even in mosoon in rain...
endurotour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:39 AM   #1442
Rhetorik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynpath
Stupid question. Did you check the bulb yet.
Yup, bulb is new. It works when the brakes are pressed.
Rhetorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #1443
CATCH-22
Sublime ADVenturer

Oddometer: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetorik
Yup, bulb is new. It works when the brakes are pressed.
The bulb is an 1157 there are 2 filiments.
One for the brake and one for the parking light.
CATCH-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #1444
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2degreesout
Thanks for the link.

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #1445
osii
Disgruntled Time Traveler

Oddometer: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
I pick this up tomorrow:
Nice bike. The only thing you'll miss from the bigger bikes is the seat. And it's real hard to spend 10% or 20% or 30% of what the bike is worth for a comfortable seat.
osii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:19 AM   #1446
Rhetorik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastofchampions
The bulb is an 1157 there are 2 filiments.
One for the brake and one for the parking light.
Thanks, it just might be that this is the problem. Didn't think of that.

Took it riding all day saturday, and it hammers and takes a lot of punishment!
Rhetorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #1447
capt ed
Capt Ed

Oddometer: 527
2002 drz 400s

Hey guys I am selling my dr650 and going to the lighter side a DRZ400S 2002. It only has 1500 miles and I think I can get it for a good price. I can also pick up a new Z for a little over dealer cost. but then I have to use up the money from the DR and the farkling will take longer. I can pay cash plus have a couple of grand left to set up the DRZ. Are there any issues other than the normal suspensin and carb/air box, cam chain tensoner issues.

08 DL650
02 DRZ400

AKA CPT. CRUNCH
IAMC
Friend of RWC
capt ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:36 AM   #1448
nikolic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
650 for 400

I'm sharing a tear with you, I am selling my 650 too and want a 400z. I'm getting sad every time i go for a ride, 650 is an awsome bike. GOna take a ride to romania next wikend, and I think I'm gona part eaven harder. I have a few questions 'bout 400. I want to buy a kickstart or E, not S version. *Are the drz400 and drz400e reliable as S, they do have 10hp more than S?
*compared to 650, how does it feel to ride 120km/h(75mph), and what are the revs for it (I think 650 is about 4-5000rpm)
*and for the finish, I've newer ridden bike that light on the road, what hapends with the trucks passing by... do they blow you away?

P.S> i do not question offroad riding, thats the reason I'm getting a 400
P.P.S> anyone got that magazine with DRZ400 tourer?!?
nikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:57 AM   #1449
osii

I can't take it anymore.

I need to part with one of my Dr-z's

It's a 2004 Dr-z400e with a street legal Nevada title.

It's got a DS kit, folding enco mirrors, IMS 4 Gallon tank, case guards and skidplate, bars and risers, GPS, new Pirelli DOT knobby's, Supertrap can, MSR Shifter, and enduro carryall.

It has less than 2,000 miles on it (based on the condition of the front tire when I bought it.

Starts right up and runs like a banshee!

It was one of the bikes I was going to use in my charter biz, but since I jumped the gun and bought the bikes before I had any biz, it's only been ridden twice by me.

Anyway, if you are looking for a bike that's ready to hit the trail, this is it.

I'll put up some pics and a better description in Bikes later. Just wanted to let you guys know about it first.

I'm asking $3500
Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #1450
nikolic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by osii
I can't take it anymore.

I need to part with one of my Dr-z's

It's a 2004 Dr-z400e with a street legal Nevada title.

It's got a DS kit, folding enco mirrors, IMS 4 Gallon tank, case guards and skidplate, bars and risers, GPS, new Pirelli DOT knobby's, Supertrap can, MSR Shifter, and enduro carryall.

It has less than 2,000 miles on it (based on the condition of the front tire when I bought it.

Starts right up and runs like a banshee!

It was one of the bikes I was going to use in my charter biz, but since I jumped the gun and bought the bikes before I had any biz, it's only been ridden twice by me.

Anyway, if you are looking for a bike that's ready to hit the trail, this is it.

I'll put up some pics and a better description in Bikes later. Just wanted to let you guys know about it first.

I'm asking $3500
Nice, but I'm from Serbia
nikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #1451
stevegoch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
new to dirt bike riding

I've been riding a 98 BMW R1100RT for two years. In those two years I have put 23,000 miles on the bike.

I just purchased a 2006 DRZ with 680 miles on it. Road it this weekend and loved it. Now I'm looking to purchase a few accessories and wanted to get opinions.

- I'm still trying to decide between the IMS and Clarke gas tanks, any opinions?
- White's skid plate
- Unabiker radiator guard (I've looked at Kytech radiator guards but haven't heard much about them).
- Promoto Billet Rack-it or Kyteck rack, any opinions?
- I want new handle bars (taller than stock, I'm 6'2") need help here!
- I'm riding the stock tires but want a more dirt oriented tire. I will be commuting some so I don't want a dirt only tire, maybe 70/30 or 60/40.

I'm not that interested (yet) to change the engine or carb. I have the stock rear sprocket and a 46 tooth sprocket. I know the 46 tooth will be better for dirt but will it hurt MPG?

I only got 45.9 MPG I was a bit surprised. Is this typical?

Thanks for the help.
stevegoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #1452
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by judas

This has me re-thinking how I use my KLR vs. my DRZ. Very nice set-up!!!

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #1453
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,837
Maybe you Dizzers can help me identify this...

I'm a Kawy/Honda guy, and this is my first Suzi. I know it's a DRZ400. and I know it's a 2000 model, but other than that I dont much about it. I bought it from a non-motorcycle guy who took it as a partial trade for a truck he was selling. He truned aroound and sold the bike to me right away.
It looks like it came with factory electric start, and the magic button looks to be factory installed. HOWEVER, the speedo is definitly not factory, it's some cheapo that got bolted on at some point. The horn is not factory. It has no trun signals, and the tail light looks suspect to me. It may be factory, but it doesnt look like the other ones I've seen on this thread.

I love the bike, and in the few months I've owned it, I've addded the bark busters, some Dunlops, a skid plate, and a Moose Racing stator. The bike inches closer to replacing my KLR everyday, I would just like to know more about it.

What models came with factory e-start, but had no speedo, no horn and no turn signals?

Magic button

Speedo

Horn

Tail light

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #1454
osii

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegoch
I've been riding a 98 BMW R1100RT for two years. In those two years I have put 23,000 miles on the bike.

I just purchased a 2006 DRZ with 680 miles on it. Road it this weekend and loved it. Now I'm looking to purchase a few accessories and wanted to get opinions.

- I'm still trying to decide between the IMS and Clarke gas tanks, any opinions?
- White's skid plate
- Unabiker radiator guard (I've looked at Kytech radiator guards but haven't heard much about them).
- Promoto Billet Rack-it or Kyteck rack, any opinions?
- I want new handle bars (taller than stock, I'm 6'2") need help here!
- I'm riding the stock tires but want a more dirt oriented tire. I will be commuting some so I don't want a dirt only tire, maybe 70/30 or 60/40.

I'm not that interested (yet) to change the engine or carb. I have the stock rear sprocket and a 46 tooth sprocket. I know the 46 tooth will be better for dirt but will it hurt MPG?

I only got 45.9 MPG I was a bit surprised. Is this typical?

Thanks for the help.

Does the bike have the stock bars? Replacing them with aluminum bars and risers is not a problem.

I like the IMS tank cause it sort of protects the radiators.

What model did you get? S, E, or SM?

Mileage is tricky. I suspect the dudes getting 60+ are never redlining and have smaller rear sprockets and larger fronts.

Tires? Pirelly MT21's are good on the street but the rears will only last 2 to 3k miles.

Make sure you get case guards too and shave the shifter so it doesn't puncture the case.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #1455
Mike_G
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
I'm a Kawy/Honda guy, and this is my first Suzi. I know it's a DRZ400. and I know it's a 2000 model, but other than that I dont much about it. I bought it from a non-motorcycle guy who took it as a partial trade for a truck he was selling. He truned aroound and sold the bike to me right away.
It looks like it came with factory electric start, and the magic button looks to be factory installed. HOWEVER, the speedo is definitly not factory, it's some cheapo that got bolted on at some point. The horn is not factory. It has no trun signals, and the tail light looks suspect to me. It may be factory, but it doesnt look like the other ones I've seen on this thread.

I love the bike, and in the few months I've owned it, I've addded the bark busters, some Dunlops, a skid plate, and a Moose Racing stator. The bike inches closer to replacing my KLR everyday, I would just like to know more about it.

What models came with factory e-start, but had no speedo, no horn and no turn signals?
Hey El Duderino,

The DRZs came in 3 flavors:
DRZ400 = off road, kickstart only
DRZ400E = off road, electric start
DRZ400S = street legal, electric start

Looks like you bought a DRZ400E that someone added enough stuff to get it titled for street use.

Have fun with it!
Mike
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote