ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #31
BENRON
I'm Mr. Crabtree

Oddometer: 3,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powershouse
Great work on the waypoint file!

As far as identifying gravel routes, I've attached the latest version of the file I made which lists file names with a G if the are gravel or PG if the have both paved and gravel sections.
Those routes Look go as well... Not too familiar in dealing with routes through... can you do a search for the nearest route in the GPS?
BENRON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #32
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 19,219
Rustic Roads Pamphlet is Availabled to Download

The fourth edition of the Rustic Roads pamphlet is available for download.

http://www.travelwisconsin.com/PDF/RUSTIC_ROADS.pdf
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #33
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot
The fourth edition of the Rustic Roads pamphlet is available for download.

http://www.travelwisconsin.com/PDF/RUSTIC_ROADS.pdf
Thanks!

windigo
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:56 AM   #34
slowfaller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Can anyone school me in getting these on to my tomtom rider 2? Do I have to change the files to .itn so the tomtom can read 'em or, I don't know, new to gps....Specifically looking for the one that is near lake geneva and burlington, route 3...

thanks
chris
slowfaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #35
Coopdway
Curiouser

Oddometer: 696
I nailed the 5 nearest RR's to our home today. I'd ridden past their origins many times but hadn't actually ridden them. I might have 10 under my belt, but they were all further away and were taken only because I was in the neighborhood. Now I'll have to go do more of them on my smaller machines.

A NICE day to be out in Sconny today boy howdy!

Thanks Kevin for the WI RR gpx file of which I downloaded and used as a master for building my Route.

http://picasaweb.google.com/coopdway/2009_04_24#
-----------------------------
Coop's Corner
Coopdway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #36
hamish99
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Help in downloading gps files.

Please forgive my computer ineptness, but when I right click on a gpx attached track in advrider, I can't find how to download that file. I use either IE or Mozilla. Neither gives an option to save the file as a gpx file. I can open the file as a text file. However I get an error when trying to import the text file.

bill
hamish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #37
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish54
Please forgive my computer ineptness, but when I right click on a gpx attached track in advrider, I can't find how to download that file. I use either IE or Mozilla. Neither gives an option to save the file as a gpx file. I can open the file as a text file. However I get an error when trying to import the text file.

bill
The site is still having trouble with downloads. PM me an e-mail address and I will send you the tracks that you want.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #38
jonsom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
[quote=Cannonshot]This route is about 250 miles and is well situated to serve riders from Minneapolis and west central WI. It involves the following desginated Rustic Roads:
R51
R92
R4
R3
R13
R67
R41
R101
R28
R93

An interactive map is located at this site:
http://maps.innersource.com/project/map/3442

Wow this is great, I downloaded the track into my GPSr this morning and when I did it was trunkated. When I got to Hudson I started following the track and after I finished R13 it ended, so then I headed South to River Falls. After riding R92 I headed out to find a Rustic Road brochure from a Rest Area. Could not find any after checking both rest area's in Menomonee. Also tried to find the Tourist info area and could not find that. So then I went back to the track and rode R4 and R3. Will have to convert this track to a route and finish it later.

Got in a 226 mile ride on a great day.
jonsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #39
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

[quote=MN rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot
This route is about 250 miles and is well situated to serve riders from Minneapolis and west central WI. It involves the following desginated Rustic Roads:
R51
R92
R4
R3
R13
R67
R41
R101
R28
R93

An interactive map is located at this site:
http://maps.innersource.com/project/map/3442

Wow this is great, I downloaded the track into my GPSr this morning and when I did it was trunkated. When I got to Hudson I started following the track and after I finished R13 it ended, so then I headed South to River Falls. After riding R92 I headed out to find a Rustic Road brochure from a Rest Area. Could not find any after checking both rest area's in Menomonee. Also tried to find the Tourist info area and could not find that. So then I went back to the track and rode R4 and R3. Will have to convert this track to a route and finish it later.

Got in a 226 mile ride on a great day.
The track used for the interactive map is one continuous track. In fact, it will join segments (preferred option) to make the interactive map.

The real track that you would use used to be obtained here (when the downloads were working) and hopefully will be available here again soon. The downloads have segments of less than 500 points each which should prevent truncating with most modern GPS units.

In the mean time, anyone that wants a track file for any of the rides I have listed in GPS Central can PM me an e-mail address and I will send out the track.

Sorry you got truncated and didn't get the proper file before you started your ride. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #40
thechickencow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 749
I did parts of the milwaukee patch tracks today, thanks CS!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:29 AM   #41
jonsom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
Cannonshot, Thanks for all the work you put into this, I should have looked at it before I left the house. The section that I did not get was from Hudson to St Croix Falls. Since then I have finished the nearest 13, the last one 51 was an adventure that I was not expecting, but really enjoyed.
jonsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #42
thechickencow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 749
Got a few more today (finished the Milwaukee gpx)!

Don't know the number of this one:

Self Portrait @ 2:

All in all, 180 miles or so in about 5 hours.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #43
JeremyZ
^ Loves thumpers

Oddometer: 123
Awesome thread. Thanks.

I'm having problems downloading most of the gpx files though. :(
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #44
redpin04
n00b

Oddometer: 2
i love these files however I cannot download most of these gpx files from the server for some reason. I followed the link to the overhead look and was able to import into my garmin trace routes. Hopefully tomorrow I can download and follow the course. Finally something I can be proud about in Wisconsin
redpin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #45
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpin04
i love these files however I cannot download most of these gpx files from the server for some reason. I followed the link to the overhead look and was able to import into my garmin trace routes. Hopefully tomorrow I can download and follow the course. Finally something I can be proud about in Wisconsin
If you PM me an e-mail address, I'll send you the files you want. Since the server changeover, many of the downloads are not available.

Click here to download tracks from another site.

Cannonshot screwed with this post 03-22-2010 at 07:33 PM