Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #2281
K44rll
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeReTiK
How are you guys planning on installing this thing? Drilling into the case to run the lines???
No need it's a plug and play kit, oil feed is from the 17mm headed main oil gallery feed just below the oil filter housing and return is via the replacement oil filter housing

http://www.motosd.com/vip/UploadFile...8161330732.gif

Karl
K44rll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #2282
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by K44rll
No need it's a plug and play kit, oil feed is from the 17mm headed main oil gallery feed just below the oil filter housing and return is via the replacement oil filter housing

http://www.motosd.com/vip/UploadFile...8161330732.gif

Karl
Looks pretty darn vulnerable in a tip over. I'll pass, never had a problem with the bike overheating anyway and I live in a desert.

bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #2283
HeReTiK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Wow, that's awesome. Count me in too. Someone should grab a bunch of these and sell them on eBay.
HeReTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #2284
green hell
yawning or snarling

Oddometer: 19,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
Looks pretty darn vulnerable in a tip over. I'll pass, never had a problem with the bike overheating anyway and I live in a desert.
i'm pretty sure my leg would protect that set up from damage in a go-down.

needless dickery
green hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #2285
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,667
That thing is mayhem waiting to happen......If you off road these.....You will hit bumps....you will ding your shin.....If you take a spill you will ding your leg.....and your exposing the magnesium case to carnage.....this is now your new crash bar.......Ouch.......

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:51 AM   #2286
gazzerwgtn
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Trojan Oil Cooler

Has anyone checked out the factory oil cooler on the Trojan sometimes called a DF200
looks like a tidier option
Attached Images

gazzerwgtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #2287
gazzerwgtn
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Trojan Link

http://www.suzuki.co.nz/html/blob.ph...lementId=11203

The oil cooler is mounted on the left side of the downtube (check out page 2 of the .pdf)
gazzerwgtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:31 AM   #2288
mike1952
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,114
why
mike1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #2289
K44rll
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzerwgtn
Has anyone checked out the factory oil cooler on the Trojan sometimes called a DF200
looks like a tidier option
The OE oil cooler alone is $331.51
As well as the other pipes,connectors you will also be needing a new clutch cover for the oil return $$$$$$$$$$$

I know it's not Suzuki quality but a sensible priced option

Karl
K44rll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #2290
HeReTiK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzerwgtn
http://www.suzuki.co.nz/html/blob.ph...lementId=11203

The oil cooler is mounted on the left side of the downtube (check out page 2 of the .pdf)
I absolutely love that bike. Someday I will have to travel to NZ and bring one back with me. ;) ;) ;)
HeReTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #2291
SoccerShark21
SoccerShark21

Oddometer: 4
Bike now idles poorly

So the back story is that my DR200 has been sitting under a cover for a good month because of all of the snow that Virginia was getting. Last week, I had to drain the fuel (which had become very gunky) and clean the connecting bolt for the starter wire.
Today, I decided that I would start the bike up and let the engine run for a good 15-20 minutes before riding so that it could warm up and kinda clear its system after sitting for a month.
The problem now is that the bike idles poorly. I stood there for 15 minutes holding the throttle so that the engine wouldn't die, which happened twice when I let go of the throttle. What seems to be wrong? Could it be a carburetor or spark plug issue? What can I do to fix this?

I will also note that the bike definitely has gas. I bought a small gas can and filled it up, so I'm going to add a little fresh gas to the tank to see if that helps after I post this.
SoccerShark21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #2292
bburnette21
Adventure Ready

Oddometer: 172
WTB--- Need two rims for my DR200

Want to buy two rims for my DR. Message me or email at suzukidr200@gmail.com
bburnette21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #2293
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerShark21
So the back story is that my DR200 has been sitting under a cover for a good month because of all of the snow that Virginia was getting. Last week, I had to drain the fuel (which had become very gunky) and clean the connecting bolt for the starter wire.
Today, I decided that I would start the bike up and let the engine run for a good 15-20 minutes before riding so that it could warm up and kinda clear its system after sitting for a month.
The problem now is that the bike idles poorly. I stood there for 15 minutes holding the throttle so that the engine wouldn't die, which happened twice when I let go of the throttle. What seems to be wrong? Could it be a carburetor or spark plug issue? What can I do to fix this?

I will also note that the bike definitely has gas. I bought a small gas can and filled it up, so I'm going to add a little fresh gas to the tank to see if that helps after I post this.
It's likely the carb is a little dirty. Maybe fresh gas will clear it.

windigo
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #2294
mamacone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Carberator Vent Hose?

On the right side of the carburetor there are two hose's the front one goes to the fuel petcock (if you have the original petcock otherwise it is caped off), where does the rear hose on the right go? It looks to me like it sits in a clip on the top of the air box, but that sure looks like an easy way for dust to get into the carburetor? If someone could go take a quick look at their it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
mamacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #2295
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerShark21

Your pilot jet is clogged.... The PJ orifice is not much bigger that a few human hairs.... It plugs up easy after fuel is gunked up..... Remove the fuel line, and vacuum line.....throttle cable as well..... Loosen the two clamps...Rotate the carb so you can take the bowl off.....remove the pilot jet....NOT the center positioned one where the needle goes......Clean it good...or better yet get a new one...it only cost a few bucks.......

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote