Old 12-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #3286
acif
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailrider200 View Post
is there still an interest?
I found a dismantling yard in new zealand that is willing to ship to the USA. These are off of farm bikes so the oil cooler fins need to be straightened.

$75.00 - clutch cover (each)
$45.00 - oil hoses (pair)
$80.00 - oil cooler (each)
$67.00 - freght ( International Air Post, non tracked with NZ post)
All prices are in New Zealand dollars.

That's about $198 us dollars at today's exchange rate.

I'll be placing my order soon and then post the results.
your clutch cover only needs to be drilled and tapped (the oil passage goes straight (radially) from the outside to the oil filter receptacle)
with that $75 you maybe want to order the rear or front rack, and also the round headlight . but have in mind that you need the upper triple clamp of the aus nz dr200 because the us version its different and the front rack was clamped on it.

or maybe the tubular engine protector...

or, better, the kickstarter (along with their shaft, gear, spring, etc)...

acif screwed with this post 12-16-2010 at 08:29 PM
acif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:48 AM   #3287
tlong2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
shinko 705

Ive looked at lots of posts on this thread and others, and many say that this tire is great for lots of terrain and is amazing for the price. I have one problem, they only have a 21 in tubeless on every site i have visited. Is there much of a difference in tube type and tubeless, could i run that one on the front of a dr200. I was pretty sure there was a tube in that front tire, ive never changed it, but its time now and i really want a set of these, but that tubeless is throwing me off. Is the front tire on the dr200 tubeless, and if so could i run the tube in the shinko 705 anyways?
tlong2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #3288
Trailrider200
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by acif View Post
your clutch cover only needs to be drilled and tapped (the oil passage goes straight (radially) from the outside to the oil filter receptacle)
after I find and buy a metric tap and my time doing it, it will be about $75 or more.
Trailrider200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #3289
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlong2 View Post
Ive looked at lots of posts on this thread and others, and many say that this tire is great for lots of terrain and is amazing for the price. I have one problem, they only have a 21 in tubeless on every site i have visited. Is there much of a difference in tube type and tubeless, could i run that one on the front of a dr200. I was pretty sure there was a tube in that front tire, ive never changed it, but its time now and i really want a set of these, but that tubeless is throwing me off. Is the front tire on the dr200 tubeless, and if so could i run the tube in the shinko 705 anyways?
You can run tubes in tubeless car tires, I doubt there's any difference with bikes. Personally when my knobbies wear down I'm going to switch to Pirelli Rallycross, in my opinion it's the best dual sport tire for the price for smaller bikes.
Llamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #3290
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
Tubes work just fine in tubeless tires.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #3291
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Hey guys, here's my ride report beginning! http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645206
Old 12-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #3292
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAJourneyman View Post
Hey guys, here's my ride report beginning! http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645206

windigo
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #3293
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
yes,
you can run a tube in it but you should run a heavy duty tube. thats what all the supermoto guys do and I have done. the tube rubs the inside of the tire more and can rub through. I have seen this and know its true
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #3294
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Heh, one of my photos hit the front page of Reddit , check it out
Old 12-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #3295
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Quote:
Heh, one of my photos hit the front page of Reddit , check it out

Gosh, that's good.

windigo
Old 12-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #3296
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
Gosh, that's good.
Yeah man, now it's at #3... and Reddit is up there with the biggest websites of the world
Old 12-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #3297
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Quote:
Yeah man, now it's at #3... and Reddit is up there with the biggest websites of the world
Post it in your ride report when you get that far, because it should be a front-page photo.

windigo
Old 12-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #3298
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
Post it in your ride report when you get that far, because it should be a front-page photo.
Thanks and will do!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #3299
coloradogoose
Really?!?

Oddometer: 90
What to check...

I posted a little while ago that I picked up an 06' DR200SE with about 4,000 miles on it, and I'm wondering if I can get some suggestions from some of the folks on here that know a bunch about the individual quirks of this bike.

The PO used the bike mainly on the street, but didn't store it inside so cosmetically it's not in great shape for an 06', which I'm working on. I'm making a few minor changes to it since I plan to use it about 80/20 off-road (small LED turn signals, new tires/tubes, folding mirrors, hand guards, etc...). After purchase I drained the gas in the tank, drained the float bowl, changed the oil/filter, and fired it up and spun it around for a few miles. It rode great, but I want to make sure everything is fine before I ride it this summer. Right now it's on my lift and partially torn apart and I'm wondering what ya'll would suggest I check/adjust/tweak while it's in pieces and I've got the time. Thanks a bunch!
-Mike
coloradogoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #3300
Klay
dreaming adventurer

If it started good, that's most of the battle right there. Older DR200s tend to have the petcocks fail and gas drains into the carb and airbox, but if that happens, you don't need to tear anything apart to fix it.

windigo