Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #4636
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Thanks.I'll have to check that product out.Is it good for cables that spin,such as a tach cable?
Not sure but I would think it would be fine, see the text below for uses...

Note the last line caution, it is nasty stuff and stained my fingers black for a few days.

Iron Braid is pleased to introduce Bike Aid ® (also known as Dri-Slide), a multi-purpose lubricant made by Lilly Industries, that coats and protects better than any other commercial substance. Unlike other oil based lubricants, which attract harmful particulates that can cause damage, Bike Aid goes on wet but stays on dry. Made from a naturally occurring ore similar to graphite, Bike Aid (Molybdenum Disulfides or MoS2) is ideal for cables and other key mechanical pivot points. Avoid downtime and replacement costs, by using the first choice of professionals—Bike Aid.

Features & Choices:

Bike Aid is a petroleum based liquid medium that can be applied to virtually any surface needing lubrication.

Goes on wet but dries to leave a long lasting film that resists wear, water, dirt and other harmful UV elements.

Because it goes on in liquid form, Bike Aid can penetrate deep down into the smallest spaces.

Because Bike Aid is a dry film lubricant, it may be used in extreme environmental conditions.

Withstands pressure up to 100,000 pounds per square inch.

Bike Aid can even help restore worn or corroded parts.

The perfect lubricant for all general and household uses.

Caution: Bike Aid can stain fabrics.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #4637
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Not sure but I would think it would be fine, see the text below for uses...

Note the last line caution, it is nasty stuff and stained my fingers black for a few days. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP.I WEAR GLOVES WHEN I WORK, BUT CHEMICALS CAN SOAK THROUGH THEM.

Iron Braid is pleased to introduce Bike Aid ® (also known as Dri-Slide), a multi-purpose lubricant made by Lilly Industries, that coats and protects better than any other commercial substance. Unlike other oil based lubricants, which attract harmful particulates that can cause damage, Bike Aid goes on wet but stays on dry. Made from a naturally occurring ore similar to graphite, Bike Aid (Molybdenum Disulfides or MoS2) is ideal for cables and other key mechanical pivot points. Avoid downtime and replacement costs, by using the first choice of professionals—Bike Aid.

Features & Choices:

Bike Aid is a petroleum based liquid medium that can be applied to virtually any surface needing lubrication.

Goes on wet but dries to leave a long lasting film that resists wear, water, dirt and other harmful UV elements.

Because it goes on in liquid form, Bike Aid can penetrate deep down into the smallest spaces.

Because Bike Aid is a dry film lubricant, it may be used in extreme environmental conditions.

Withstands pressure up to 100,000 pounds per square inch.

Bike Aid can even help restore worn or corroded parts.

The perfect lubricant for all general and household uses.

Caution: Bike Aid can stain fabrics.

Thank you for posting this info.Have you used this product on other areas of a bike besides the cables?
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #4638
wavygravy87
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Used engine on Craigslist

Hey guys I don't have a DR200 and I don't know this guy, but I found this on Craigslist under Birmingham, Alabama. $40 for an engine. Thought it might help someone.
http://bham.craigslist.org/mcy/2730672551.html

2009 Suzuki DR650
2008 Yamaha FZ6
wavygravy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #4639
jeepkevin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
I recently picked up a 96' Dr200 with 2100 miles. I then started reading this thread from the begining. Inormation overload!! I did the Keintech carb and exhaust mods, Paint the frame silver, recovered the seat in black, new bars, tires, battery, greased the swing arm pivots, what a sweet little bike. Now I have new black fork boots on order to replace to yellow ones. I want to change the fork oil for good measure at the same time. Is it 7.07 oz per leg? Local Cycle Gear stocks all weights, picked up some 10wt to start with. I'll just stay with the same brand untill I figure out what weight works for me.

So 7.07oz per fork leg? or at least as a starting point? Thanks for your help.
jeepkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #4640
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Thank you for posting this info.Have you used this product on other areas of a bike besides the cables?
Nope, just the cables. It's not a very big bottle and I tend to waste quite a bit just overflowing the top and then quite a bit will still run out the bottom once you see it appear at the other end of the cable. With too many bikes and quads in the garage I use other lubes for everything else.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #4641
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkevin View Post
I recently picked up a 96' Dr200 with 2100 miles. I then started reading this thread from the begining. Inormation overload!! I did the Keintech carb and exhaust mods, Paint the frame silver, recovered the seat in black, new bars, tires, battery, greased the swing arm pivots, what a sweet little bike. Now I have new black fork boots on order to replace to yellow ones. I want to change the fork oil for good measure at the same time. Is it 7.07 oz per leg? Local Cycle Gear stocks all weights, picked up some 10wt to start with. I'll just stay with the same brand untill I figure out what weight works for me.

Most of the time, they go by volume when they tell you how much fork oil per leg. I believe it's 309 ml.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/40540261/DR-200-Owners-Manual
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #4642
jeepkevin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Awsome, thank you for your help!!
jeepkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #4643
thesurvivalist
Backcountry Rider

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavygravy87 View Post
Hey guys I don't have a DR200 and I don't know this guy, but I found this on Craigslist under Birmingham, Alabama. $40 for an engine. Thought it might help someone.
http://bham.craigslist.org/mcy/2730672551.html
That is local to me, though i'm sure if I bought it it would be sat in the corner doing nothing.
thesurvivalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #4644
straight cut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkevin View Post

308ml or 10.41 USoz of 10wt or if you set the fork leg verticaly in a vice remove the springs,compress the inner tube fully and the oil level is 179mm or 7.0 inches from the top
straight cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #4645
DR BrianO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Finally a picture of the bike

I have had this for a few months now. 1400 miles on it, never been offroad.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #4646
DR BrianO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Added additional lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR BrianO View Post
I have had this for a few months now. 1400 miles on it, never been offroad.
I am not sure how to add more than one picture in a message.

I also added a second head lamp and a second rear marker light. The head lamp is a 1 watt LED that has a low, high, and super flash beam. I just clamped to the handlebars on the side of the plastic cowling. It is very bright LED that came off a triathalon bike I owned. I keep it on super flash during the day for riding and just on at night. The rear marker light is about 4 times brighter than the stock tail lamp. The difference from the rear is awesome at night.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #4647
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,323
Use smugmug or photobucket to add as many pics as you like.

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:56 AM   #4648
jimmesa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
pics...

How to post an image

Hope this helps! Jim
'02 Suzuki DR200SE
jimmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #4649
dalehazelton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Re: Note the last line caution, it is nasty stuff and stained my fingers black for a few days.

Something I learned long ago, when trying to wash ink or grease or ash (from charcoal or the woodstove) off your hands use the COLDest water you can stand. Your pores close up and your hands will be much cleaner than if you used warm water. It really works.
dalehazelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #4650
thesurvivalist
Backcountry Rider

Oddometer: 529
Does anyone know if TKC 80 tires will fit the dr200? I did a search for the stock trail wing tires and can't seem to find them available on the tkc 80.
thesurvivalist is offline   Reply With Quote