Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #5671
Wallrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Speaking of which:

Stock bars vs. Pro Taper Evo's: 36oz - 24oz = 0.75lb saved

Lead acid vs. Ballistic Evo2 battery: 81oz - 15oz = 4.125 lbs saved

Installed:

Used the foam that the Ballistic came in to keep the stock mount. Also I put the battery as close to the bottom of the tray as I could to keep the weight low.

Wallrat screwed with this post 06-11-2012 at 03:56 PM
Wallrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #5672
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,653
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallrat View Post
Speaking of which:

Stock bars vs. Pro Taper Evo's: 36oz - 24oz = 0.75lb saved

Lead acid vs. Ballistic Evo2 battery: 81oz - 15oz = 4.125 lbs saved

Installed:

Used the foam that the Ballistic came in to keep the stock mount. Also I put the battery as close to the bottom of the tray as I could to keep the weight low.
...bike looks kinda' clean... chain... maybe a little rust?

On a completely different topic, this weekend I discovered why you shouldn't wear your meshy "street" pants tucked into the boots, in the woods.
...also, first re-fill after the kientech mod, it'd appear my mileage is down by 10MPG... sure is fun though.
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #5673
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,386
I didn't notice any difference in mileage after rejetting. There might be another variable involved.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #5674
L1ability
Accident Prone

Oddometer: 34
is keintech still in buisness? i e-mailed with no replies...

ok i see his jet kits for the CV bst31 carbs for these DR's, but im switching mine over to a TM28-1, i cut holes in the airbox and a added a big gun pipe,

will his jet kit work on the tm28-1 carb? or is it strictly for the cv line of the DR carbs?

i see a 1-3 complete jet kit on ebay for 35$, listed for the dr/sp 200 bikes, is that similar? i read somewhere the stock DR jet is a 125 main, and the upgrade for it (maybe the keintech too) is a 127.5 jet, if all it is is a main jet ill save the money and buy the single jet for 4$

sorry for all the questions, big ride coming up and i want to get this thing locked down
L1ability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #5675
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ability View Post

Yes, he's still there...best to call him.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #5676
Dave@62972
n00b

Oddometer: 1
New on here, just found this place. Had my 09 Suzuki DR200SE maybe 1 year, got it new.

I'll put some pics of it on here but I guess I have to have them hosted somewhere? Darn, wish
I could just upload them. Forgot the camera on the last ride to the Shawnee Forest Southern Illinois.

I'll take it next time.

Dave@62972
Dave@62972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #5677
green hell
yawning or snarling

Oddometer: 19,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@62972 View Post
New on here, just found this place. Had my 09 Suzuki DR200SE maybe 1 year, got it new.

I'll put some pics of it on here but I guess I have to have them hosted somewhere? Darn, wish
I could just upload them. Forgot the camera on the last ride to the Shawnee Forest Southern Illinois.

I'll take it next time.

Dave@62972
welcome!

and i know of a great place to host your photos.

needless dickery
green hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:28 AM   #5678
tomas377
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Question title lol

does anyone know how i would add a trunk case to the back. im thinking about getting the manracks dr200 rack so would it be a good idea to put that on the rack. i dont really like the idea of drilling into the plastics. and what works good with the dr200 to help with stopping vibrations around 65mph.anddddddd how do street tires effect the bike and those speeds on the road?

also how do i post a pic on here? im using photobucket and when i post the code in the message the pic will show but says txt is to long and if i click insert image it looks like a broken link in the message
tomas377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:31 AM   #5679
tomas377
n00b

Oddometer: 7

nvm got it up

what do yall think? still not done adding to it
tomas377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #5680
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,653
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
I didn't notice any difference in mileage after rejetting. There might be another variable involved.
Does ~50 out of the 100 miles being interstate ~70 MPH + count? I'm taking it much "easier" this time around, to get an average. This is still with the airbox cover off - no holes yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ability View Post

Quote:
Yes, he's still there...best to call him.
Agreed - I called to talk, and wound-up ordering took me a couple weeks to get around to doing the install, but the little padded envelope showed within a few days.

During the install I had to call and double-check the instruction to "trim" the carb body... was talking with Janet(?) *can't remember now, but I think that's her name* about it, and discussing the carb body screws (one of mine was reluctant to let loose) - good folks, I think. Her recommendation to replace the screws with allen heads was what I had already done... well, I had already gotten the screws, when I went out to get an impact screwdriver. Harbor Freight right around the corner.
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #5681
JayGoldstein
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomas377 View Post
does anyone know how i would add a trunk case to the back. im thinking about getting the manracks dr200 rack so would it be a good idea to put that on the rack. i dont really like the idea of drilling into the plastics.
I was thinking about getting a Pelican case and attaching it to the ManRacks rack. After seeing how much a mid-sized Pelican case weighs, I decided that a soft trunk pack would better suit my needs.

BTW, there's not much clearance between the ManRacks rack and the DR's rear fender. I'd strongly recommend that if you get a trunk case, fit it to the rack before installing the rack on the bike.

JayGoldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #5682
kwayne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Hard to start

So my DR that Im trying to get going was very, very hard to start. Sometimes it wouldnt start at all, and when it did, i would have to drain a whole battery to do it. So I ordered the kientech kit and a new petcock hoping this would help. It didnt. It still has the same problem. BUT, I can push start it and it starts fine and runs pretty good to.After i push start it and let it idle a bit, I can turn it off and it cranks right up using E-start. Any ideas as to why it wont start with the E- start? Its like 90 degrees here, so its not like the bike is cold. Thanks.
kwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #5683
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Sounds to me like a weak battery or starter. Normally a DR200 pops right off under any conditions.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #5684
kwayne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Sounds to me like a weak battery or starter. Normally a DR200 pops right off under any conditions.
That was my first thoughts to. So I replaced the the battery. Its brand new. Maybe a starter. I dont know . It sounds okay? I guess that may be my next course of action.
kwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #5685
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayne View Post
That was my first thoughts to. So I replaced the the battery. Its brand new. Maybe a starter. I dont know . It sounds okay? I guess that may be my next course of action.

You mean it turns over easily?