User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #5776
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Oil capacity

Juat bought my gf a 2007 dr 200 was wondering the oil capacity when doing oil and filter

thanks
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #5777
Lateralus180
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLuke View Post
Juat bought my gf a 2007 dr 200 was wondering the oil capacity when doing oil and filter

thanks
Page 15 (Chapter 1 - 8) of the Suzuki DR200SE manual:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/40540261/DR-200-Owners-Manual

950ml with filter change
850ml with no filter change

When I bought my bike, I changed the filter with the first oil change because I didn't know if the previous owner did or not. I was just trying to be safe. You should only have to change the filter after every other oil change though.
Lateralus180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #5778
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
thanks, yeah ill do filter every other just wanna know where im at to start
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #5779
Zaboo65
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallrat View Post
Just save yourself a headache and replace the stock petcock with a raptor one. It's $15 and can potentially save your engine.
Is it an easy swap or would I need to modify?
Trans WI 2011 | UPAT BB Fall 2012 | UPAT BB June 2013
Zaboo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #5780
psu75
Carpe Diemer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by psu75 View Post
Has anyone come across a problem where it feels like they're riding on a bumpy road but the road is smooth? Now, this is weird. No matter what road I'm on, it feels like the front end is bumping up and down. It's been happening for a few days and gets worse the faster I go. I look and look but I don't see any issues with the tires. Any ideas?

So I took the bike back to the shop where I had the tires put on. They balanced them for me but it didn't help. They seem to think that the belt inside the front tire may have warped or something. They said to ride it for a while and see if it flattens out. I hope it does. I don't really feel like spending any more money on tires right now! But the guys at the shop were great. When I asked what I owed, they said nothing! Even though I called on a Saturday and they took me in at the last minute. Couldn't be happier and I'm gonna miss them!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #5781
SHO_GuN
Adventurerer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaboo65 View Post
It's an easy swap if you use the petcock listed on page 1 of this thread.

"tony the tiger" did report fitment problems with it, but he has never reposted to verify that the petcock he received was actually the right part number. I have that petcock on mine and it was a plug-n-play swap, just had to get a cap for where the vacuum line that went to the original petcock attaches to the carb. You can search this thread for more information. The outlet on the Raptor petcock is larger than the inlet on our carbs requiring jerry rigging to connect them.
SHO_GuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #5782
SHO_GuN
Adventurerer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
They seem to think that the belt inside the front tire may have warped or something. They said to ride it for a while and see if it flattens out. I hope it does. .... But the guys at the shop were great.
The guys at the shop were great???? To each their own but I think this is appalling. Tires don't fix themselves, you have a defect!

If anything happens to you as a result of this tire, I hope you or the loved ones you leave behind sue them out of business.

SHO_GuN screwed with this post 07-04-2012 at 01:40 PM Reason: correct typo
SHO_GuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #5783
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,375
Quote:
...belt inside the front tire may have warped or something. They said to ride it for a while and see if it flattens out.

That's a bit of a stunning thing for them to say.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #5784
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,782
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger View Post
...going back through the thread looking for those pictures.
This is the petcock I bought - fuel line is smaller than the spigot on the petcock. Also, the fuel filter level was ~lower~ than the vacuum stocker... so I'ma thinkin' it'll be LESS fuel in the reserve.
This one sits a little closer to the tank (it's smaller than the stocker) so I took a Dremel tool w/cutoff wheel to the inside edge so it'd clear the lip of the gas tank - otherwise you wouldn't be able to rotate it to reserve. 'bout $10 though.
Such a fun word...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO_GuN View Post
First such report I have read.

I just went and pulled my 2010 paid invoices file and found the receipt from when I purchased mine - the part # I list matches.

Do you still have the package your's arrived in? If so does the part # match?

EDIT:

I just did some research - This part number is still valid, however the number in the parenthesis are an old part number: Yamaha 23F-24500-11-00 - FUEL COCK ASSY 1 (4X8-24500-02-00). So the new number should actually be: Yamaha 23F-24500-11-00 - FUEL COCK ASSY 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO_GuN View Post
It's an easy swap if you use the petcock listed on page 1 of this thread.

"tony the tiger" did report fitment problems with it, but he has never reposted to verify that the petcock he received was actually the right part number. I have that petcock on mine and it was a plug-n-play swap, just had to get a cap for where the vacuum line that went to the original petcock attaches to the carb. You can search this thread for more information. The outlet on the Raptor petcock is larger than the inlet on our carbs requiring jerry rigging to connect them.
- wonder why I never answered that... I remember having the part box handy, right there by the 'puter once upon a time. wonder if it's still down there or off in the recycle.

Sorry 'bout that!

Anyways - sounds like the Raptor petcock outlet is similar to the one I got, whichever model it was. I put a brass fitting between the two different sized fuel lines to connect them. Wurx gud bye me
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #5785
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
I just got a 2004 for my daughter. It there any where I can download the owners or service manual. Free
Old 07-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #5786
Sateev
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Although this one is $30, it fits perfectly, no modification required, and is 'fully rebuildable', whatever that means...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...VALVE&_sacat=0
Sateev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #5787
Wallrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Plenty of info on the raptor petcock - think I specified it was a 2004 when I ordered mine. Drain the tank into a portable can, unbolt the old, bolt in the new, reconnect the tubes, cap off the vacuum line. Easy.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #5788
Zaboo65
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Thanks everybody for the info on the petcock and oil change.

Does anybody ever use the prime setting?
Trans WI 2011 | UPAT BB Fall 2012 | UPAT BB June 2013
Zaboo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #5789
Sateev
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Wicked

Quote:
Thanks everybody for the info on the petcock and oil change.

Does anybody ever use the prime setting?
As I said above, you might use it to prime an empty float bowl, after jetting or removing and cleaning the carb. Where I live (Thailand), the gas evaporates very quickly, and if I don't ride for a few days, I need to prime the bowl.

Another use would be to drain the tank prior to replacing the petcock.

In any case, I can't stress strongly enough: if you found gas/oil on the floor overnight, you need to replace the needle seat o-ring. Or not. As the girls at Nana say, "up to you."
Sateev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #5790
Wallrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highaltidude View Post
The stock tires get blasted on here frequently.....
The wife and I have put about 1,300 miles each on our bikes since buying them last Fall.
Her's was "new" and mine now has 2,200 miles. It's been about 50% pavement and 50% off road.
They've still got plenty of life in the tires and we've been very happy with them.

Chuck
I've been riding offroad for 23 years, road bikes for 17 years. The stock tires that came on the DR easily had the worst grip I've ever encountered for either terrain. A full set of offroad knobbies feels more solid around a tarmac corner than I felt with the Trailwings. Offroad, the only time I've felt that unstable was when I rode an old silverwing running touring tires down a gravel road. That's why they get a bad rep.