Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #6091
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRUSERIOUS? View Post
Hey Klay and co,

I know these babies are overbuilt but is 7600KM (4700mi) a lot for this bike?

I also came across this ad:
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ417848345

Its about a 2 hour drive but if I could get it for $1500, I think it might be worth it.
4600 miles is low miles for a DR200, but, as always, it depends on how the bike was treated. $1500 seems a little high, but I don't know the Canadian market. Remember, a DR200 is a low-power machine, part of the reason it's durable.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #6092
KLRUSERIOUS?
Farkle-whore

Oddometer: 2,299
I'm just looking for a durable trail bike, I think this'll fit the bill just fine.

Most of the other DR200's are going for much more than that which is why I thought it was a good deal.

Also, not that its going to be a problem for me considering my daily driver is a KLR650 (not lowered) but I am a short dude, what is the height from the ground to the seat on this bike? I know you're not m*f* Google but, you are knowledgeable and I am lazy :)

Thanks dude!
KLRUSERIOUS? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #6093
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,374
32 inches, I think. It's a diminutive bike.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #6094
KLRUSERIOUS?
Farkle-whore

Oddometer: 2,299
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/suz...00_se_2006.php

Cool...thanks Klay! And stop using big words!!!
KLRUSERIOUS? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #6095
patski
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
DR200 Kientech Jet kit

SOLD THE BIKE!

SOLD THE JET KIT!

I still have the unused Kientech Jet kit, $25 free shipping....
http://www.kientech.com/DR200SEExhaustMod.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by patski View Post
Selling my wife's DR200, located just east of Sacramento.

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...d.php?t=414378

patski screwed with this post 10-05-2012 at 04:48 PM
patski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #6096
Trailrider200
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by patski View Post
SOLD THE BIKE!

I still have the unused Kientech Jet kit, $25 free shipping....
http://www.kientech.com/DR200SEExhaustMod.htm

email patski atsign gmail dot com

PM sent.
Thanks

"Our Constitution was made only for a Moral and Religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the goverment of any other."
John Adams 10/11/1798

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" Ronald Reagan
Trailrider200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #6097
Sateev
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls2ndblessing View Post
I was hoping you wouldn't say that but I thought that would be the answer. I just don't know if the dr200se will be what I need even after the kientech solutions.

I'm worried I'll damage her driving 50+ miles round trip at 55-60mph every day.

I guess a drz400s is in my future.

Thanks as always Klay!
I'd have to put it a little differently...

With FMF pipe, jet kit, no airbox lid AND Hotcams Stage II cam (as sold by Procycle - it's actually a Stage I for the 230 quad), I have significantly more top end, at the expense of a bit of low end. I am running 14/45 sprockets, and can easily do 72 mph, with it still pulling. With stock gearing, I think I could do 75 without any problem.

I do wish there was a way to increase compression easily, because I like the torque and responsiveness it brings, but for a couple hours work, and $170, the cam was a good mod. Take the time to jet it properly and set the needle, and you'll like the results.
Sateev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #6098
acif
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sateev View Post

With FMF pipe, jet kit, no airbox lid AND Hotcams Stage II cam (as sold by Procycle - it's actually a Stage I for the 230 quad), I have significantly more top end, at the expense of a bit of low end. I am running 14/45 sprockets, and can easily do 72 mph, with it still pulling. With stock gearing, I think I could do 75 without any problem.

I do wish there was a way to increase compression easily, because I like the torque and responsiveness it brings, but for a couple hours work, and $170, the cam was a good mod. Take the time to jet it properly and set the needle, and you'll like the results.
wiseco high compression pistons for the lt230 quad, bumps the compression to 10.2 in the dr200.
acif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #6099
Trailrider200
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by acif View Post
wiseco high compression pistons for the lt230 quad, bumps the compression to 10.2 in the dr200.
do u know if the crank from the LT230 fits in the Dr200? with the extra stroke that would be a nice torque/HP bump.

Thanks

"Our Constitution was made only for a Moral and Religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the goverment of any other."
John Adams 10/11/1798

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" Ronald Reagan
Trailrider200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #6100
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:

I have to say, I got in a bind on Tuesday in the dr200. Sunk the back tire in the mud trying to climb a wet ditch, I was able to kill the motor, lift the back end by myself and get out of the bind without help. I'm not sure I would have been able to do that with a heavier bike. I think with the performance upgrades you just named, I'll have the top end and bottom end umph I need without swapping to another bigger bike. Though a local dealer did just receive an'04 dr650 with 6700miles and they're only asking $2290 for it, sure I can get them lower but I just think I'll stay with the 200 for now :)
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #6101
Wallrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls2ndblessing View Post
I have to say, I got in a bind on Tuesday in the dr200. Sunk the back tire in the mud trying to climb a wet ditch, I was able to kill the motor, lift the back end by myself and get out of the bind without help. I'm not sure I would have been able to do that with a heavier bike. I think with the performance upgrades you just named, I'll have the top end and bottom end umph I need without swapping to another bigger bike. Though a local dealer did just receive an'04 dr650 with 6700miles and they're only asking $2290 for it, sure I can get them lower but I just think I'll stay with the 200 for now :)

I keep saying this but it keeps coming up in this thread. If you're ever riding the little DR and think "I just wish this had more oomph for offroad", the DR650 is the last bike you should be looking at. Its underpowered and overweight - a tragically bad combo when offroad. I'd put it in the same class as the KLR650 - fine for cross country highway riding with some fire roads mixed in, but an absolute bear if you hit even mildly technical terrain.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #6102
Spozzy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Bigger Bikes vs Smaller Bikes

My other Bike is a Tenere 660. I bought the DR purely from the aspect that I cannot lift the Tenere by myself (due to a cager inspired ankle injury), I can now play to my hearts content by (and with ;)) myself whenever, both bikes double for daily commute as I only have 12KM each way.
Spozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #6103
FlyingFinn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,082
Quote:

....for a couple hours work, and $170, the cam was a good mod. Take the time to jet it properly and set the needle, and you'll like the results.
If someone wants to try that cam, I have an unused one sitting on the shelf.
Can send pictures if you want. Lets say $50 shipped con US.
Send me a PM if interested.

Mikko
Old 10-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #6104
acif
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post
If someone wants to try that cam, I have an unused one sitting on the shelf.
Can send pictures if you want. Lets say $50 shipped con US.
Send me a PM if interested.

Mikko
PM sent
acif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #6105
Sprig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post

Any input from the long time DR200 owners?
Three work seasons (the weather) and over 15K miles completed.

0)Oil change when it got home... maybe 30 miles???
1.?) Front brake pads.
1.?)Rear Tire

Swapped the factory rear sprocket for a Rebel Gears aluminum sprocket for testing ( a few less teeth ).

Swapped back in the factory steel sprocket; the tire is now worn down and the Rebel Gears sprocket is now missing teeth (some of this is due to my abuse and lack of maintenance).

2)Battery.
Went to Wally World and got a slightly smaller physical sized AGM battery to repalce the who knows how old china battery that I left the lights on being a newb.

The slightly smaller in size battery has been working fine; and I have been remembering to turn the key to the "O" "F" "F" position since then.

OVERALL:
This has been the least maintained, least fueled, vehicle I have ever owned.

At now 15K it does need new front pads, new front and rear tires, and new chain and sprocket sets front and rear.

But, I can still ride it in the condition it is in; it's just not "perfect".
Sprig is offline   Reply With Quote