ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #6301
DeeR200
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: wine country, california
Oddometer: 10
New ADVrider member

First off happy new year,

I just joined the forum today and have come to this site many times in the past for help tinkering with my 07 dr200. I have owned many bikes and this bike is the smallest of all of them (by 1000cc's! Lol) but is the most fun one out of all.

I just wanted to post some pics of my ride and still looking forward to doing a couple more mods. The Kientech kit is in, moose air filter, and dg pipes. Now just looking to shed major lbs on the bike.

Ride Safe!
Chris

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/9576/img20121124154334.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/3875/i...1124154416.jpg
DeeR200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #6302
jeffcneal
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 35
DeeR200:

There's just something too cool about a DR 200 motard!

regards,
Jeff
jeffcneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #6303
DeeR200
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: wine country, california
Oddometer: 10
Wicked Performance options

Thanks Jeff!

I threw a UFO drz400 rear fender and acerbis supermoto front fender on there for looks.. plan on putting one of those 1lb batteries in it, some lighter handlebars remove emissions canister and other things to lighten the bike.

Obviously we all know performance options for the 200 are far and few, but I found this which is a link for performance parts for the qlink Xf/xp 200. I don't know if it would 100% work for our bikes but options include header , cdi, camshaft, big bore kit, etc.. thought this might interest some of you. Link below:

http://www.sacramentoscooter.com/html/performance.html
DeeR200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #6304
davisdrafting
n00b
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: NorCAL
Oddometer: 9
Just purchased a 09 DR200se w/ 1153mi for $2k it’s like riding a moped compared to my XR650R. Anyways is there a condensed page with information on performance mod's and such or am I stuck reading over 6K posts on this thread? I've tried the "search" but it seams useless.

Looking for jetting info.
main, pilot jet, needle size and clip position recommended after opening the airbox and exhaust. also was the optimal gear ration ever decided upon?

Sorry, I just get frustrated reading for an hour and getting little useful information. Not trying to sound like an ass, I like the ride posts and pics and stuff but cramming everything into one thread suck for quick navigation of pertinent info.

cut stem about 1/2" from last ridge
From Drop Box


Chop off about 1/2" from flat mounting surface and remove rubber
From Drop Box



Drill the end that fits in the blinker out to 1/2" dia. insert threaded mount into hole 1/8: apply super glue and press together in vice
From Drop Box



Re assemble. FYI the hardest part is removing the pins from the connector, they are retained by plastic from the connector not metal on the pin which is typical.
From Drop Box

davisdrafting screwed with this post 01-02-2013 at 12:07 AM
davisdrafting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #6305
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...
 
tony the tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: secret owner of a Parmesan cheese factory
Oddometer: 9,769
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeR200 View Post
First off happy new year,

I just joined the forum today and have come to this site many times in the past for help tinkering with my 07 dr200. I have owned many bikes and this bike is the smallest of all of them (by 1000cc's! Lol) but is the most fun one out of all.

I just wanted to post some pics of my ride and still looking forward to doing a couple more mods. The Kientech kit is in, moose air filter, and dg pipes. Now just looking to shed major lbs on the bike.

Ride Safe!
Chris



__________________
Tony
Quote:
Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
tony the tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #6306
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Robertsdale, AL
Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeR200 View Post
First off happy new year,

I just joined the forum today and have come to this site many times in the past for help tinkering with my 07 dr200. I have owned many bikes and this bike is the smallest of all of them (by 1000cc's! Lol) but is the most fun one out of all.

I just wanted to post some pics of my ride and still looking forward to doing a couple more mods. The Kientech kit is in, moose air filter, and dg pipes. Now just looking to shed major lbs on the bike.

Ride Safe!
Chris

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/9576/img20121124154334.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/3875/i...1124154416.jpg
Great looking ride! What rear fender is that? Looks awesome with it :)
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #6307
DeeR200
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: wine country, california
Oddometer: 10
I'm running the acerbis sm front fender and UFO drz400 rear fender, had to chop it up a little to make it work. Now just looking to get one of those super lightweight 1lb batteries, some lighter handlebars and then lose weight any other way I can.

I'm sure you guys are all familiar with the qlink 200cc bikes, I know they are based on the same design and I found this link to some big bore kits and other things like headers and stuff. Hopefully someone out there will be the guinea pig before me!!

http://www.sacramentoscooter.com/html/performance.html
__________________
Life is too short to drive slow..
DeeR200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #6308
Codyp1814
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeR200 View Post
I'm running the acerbis sm front fender and UFO drz400 rear fender, had to chop it up a little to make it work. Now just looking to get one of those super lightweight 1lb batteries, some lighter handlebars and then lose weight any other way I can.

I'm sure you guys are all familiar with the qlink 200cc bikes, I know they are based on the same design and I found this link to some big bore kits and other things like headers and stuff. Hopefully someone out there will be the guinea pig before me!!

http://www.sacramentoscooter.com/html/performance.html
Forget about the light bars. You drop the thing once and you'll bend them.
Codyp1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #6309
Codyp1814
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisdrafting View Post
Just purchased a 09 DR200se w/ 1153mi for $2k it’s like riding a moped compared to my XR650R. Anyways is there a condensed page with information on performance mod's and such or am I stuck reading over 6K posts on this thread? I've tried the "search" but it seams useless.

Looking for jetting info.
main, pilot jet, needle size and clip position recommended after opening the airbox and exhaust. also was the optimal gear ration ever decided upon?

Sorry, I just get frustrated reading for an hour and getting little useful information. Not trying to sound like an ass, I like the ride posts and pics and stuff but cramming everything into one thread suck for quick navigation of pertinent info.

cut stem about 1/2" from last ridge
From Drop Box


Chop off about 1/2" from flat mounting surface and remove rubber
From Drop Box



Drill the end that fits in the blinker out to 1/2" dia. insert threaded mount into hole 1/8: apply super glue and press together in vice
From Drop Box



Re assemble. FYI the hardest part is removing the pins from the connector, they are retained by plastic from the connector not metal on the pin which is typical.
From Drop Box
just buy this. it includes instructions and everything. Forget about using stock jets.

http://www.kientech.com/DR200SEExhaustMod.htm
Codyp1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #6310
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Robertsdale, AL
Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeR200 View Post
I'm running the acerbis sm front fender and UFO drz400 rear fender, had to chop it up a little to make it work.
http://www.sacramentoscooter.com/html/performance.html
Awesome, thanks for the info, I may purchase one, it really looks sweet!
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #6311
JayGoldstein
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeR200 View Post
I just wanted to post some pics of my ride and still looking forward to doing a couple more mods. The Kientech kit is in, moose air filter, and dg pipes. Now just looking to shed major lbs on the bike.

Chris
Chris, what are those tires, and how do you like them?
__________________
Jay
2009 DR200SE: ManRacks rack, ScreensForBikes windshield, Wolfman tail bag, 16T sprocket, Kenda K761 tires, Moose Racing CR-HI handlebar, Renthal MX grips, Polisport fender.


JayGoldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #6312
DeeR200
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: wine country, california
Oddometer: 10
Sry for reposting the same crap a couple times.. im still a noob at this. I found the fender for cheap at the local dealer so i said what the hell..

The tires are shinko 705 120 in the rear 110 up front. Rides awesome, the tires are 80% on road 20%offroad..
__________________
Life is too short to drive slow..
DeeR200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #6313
jeffcneal
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 35
DeeR200:

Don't worry about posting twice, I don't even know how to properly place a reply! Let me know how that battery turns out.

regards,
Jeff
jeffcneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #6314
DeeR200
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: wine country, california
Oddometer: 10
Threw on some new signals to replace the fugly stock ones.. here's some pics..

http://imageshack.us/a/img26/3962/img20130102153958.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/3922/i...0102153928.jpg
__________________
Life is too short to drive slow..
DeeR200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #6315
DeeR200
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: wine country, california
Oddometer: 10
My wheel setup is stock 18" out back and 19x2.15 excel in front gave me better tire selection for the amount of on road vs off road that i do. These shinko 705s stick to pavement really good, haven't had a chance to get them off road yet..
__________________
Life is too short to drive slow..
DeeR200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014