Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #7651
juliandres
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Hey guys, about to order a new rear tire for my dr200. I have checked everywhere on my current rear tire but I cannot find the size... I am pretty sure it is the stock size, if thats the case what size tire is it?
juliandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #7652
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Tires Front 70/100-21M/C 44P tube type
Tires Rear 100/90-18M/C 56P tube type

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%...0SE.aspx#Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliandres View Post
Hey guys, about to order a new rear tire for my dr200. I have checked everywhere on my current rear tire but I cannot find the size... I am pretty sure it is the stock size, if thats the case what size tire is it?
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #7653
Conman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75monza View Post
Tires Front 70/100-21M/C 44P tube type
Tires Rear 100/90-18M/C 56P tube type

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%...0SE.aspx#Specs
This is what I mounted, slightly different tire size:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2628
Conman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #7654
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliandres View Post
Hey guys, about to order a new rear tire for my dr200.

Check post #2 of this thread for more tire options.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:32 AM   #7655
LumberingJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Morning all,

Still having fun with my 200 and it's high RPM surging. It's a 2000 DR125se but fitted with a 1994 DR200se Djebel (japanese market) motor.

It was running fine until I hit some deep water. Swapped for a fresh plug and it went fine again for about 5 minutes then started this surging.

Originally it wouldn't rev above half throttle but over time it's got a bit better and will ride all day at about 3/4 throttle.

It didn't look to hve ingested any water, more sprayed up at the electrics under the tank. I'm dubious that it might have damaged the CDI as tht was still clean/dry and there was no sign of water in the oil to have got to the stator.

I'm 99% certain the carb is clean (have done it three times since), I've checked and cleaned every connection and earth, disconnected/bypassed every safety switch at some stage and even just fitted a brand new coil and it's no better.

It seems to be RPM related rather than throttle position related too.

Pulls fine from the bottom and most of the mid but once it gets quite high it's surging. I can hold the throttle wide open and it just surges and bounces, it won't rev through it at all.

I'm a bit baffled now.
LumberingJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #7656
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Fender: Cinderella's Shoe

So the first fender for the DR250/350 was believed to be a bit too big. So, I bought a fender for a RM80. As soon as the box came out of the mailbox, I knew it would not be the one. Now, I feel like I am buying Cinderella shoes and that one's too big...this one's too small. It's wicked short and much narrower than the frame.

But in the meantime, I think I am over another hurdle with mounting the tail light on the DR250/350. So, more pics and hopefully more progress this weekend.

And in the meantime, time to go look for more fender options
Old 12-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #7657
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberingJack View Post
Morning all,

Still having fun with my 200 and it's high RPM surging. It's a 2000 DR125se but fitted with a 1994 DR200se Djebel (japanese market) motor.

It was running fine until I hit some deep water. Swapped for a fresh plug and it went fine again for about 5 minutes then started this surging.

Originally it wouldn't rev above half throttle but over time it's got a bit better and will ride all day at about 3/4 throttle.

It didn't look to hve ingested any water, more sprayed up at the electrics under the tank. I'm dubious that it might have damaged the CDI as tht was still clean/dry and there was no sign of water in the oil to have got to the stator.

I'm 99% certain the carb is clean (have done it three times since), I've checked and cleaned every connection and earth, disconnected/bypassed every safety switch at some stage and even just fitted a brand new coil and it's no better.

Pulls fine from the bottom and most of the mid but once it gets quite high it's surging. I can hold the throttle wide open and it just surges and bounces, it won't rev through it at all.

I'm a bit baffled now.

I can't think of anything beyond what you've covered. I suppose you've inspected the diaphragm.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #7658
Wallrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Morning all,

I'm a bit baffled now.

If the main jet is good then maybe you clogged the fuel screen inside the tank? Sounds like its running lean on top.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #7659
ceeco
two wheels at a time

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Morning all,

I'm a bit baffled now.
What about the vacuum operated petcock? These things always give me trouble so I replaced mine with a Pingle gravity feed type.
ceeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #7660
LumberingJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Thanks folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
I can't think of anything beyond what you've covered. I suppose you've inspected the diaphragm.
That's a very good point - I think we had it out when we first stripped the carb but didn't really have a good look over it and haven't looked since. The bike the engine (and carb) came out of had been in storage for several years so there's a good chance it might have perished some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallrat View Post
If the main jet is good then maybe you clogged the fuel screen inside the tank? Sounds like its running lean on top.
I'll have a look at that, but the tank itself is gleaming inside. Spark plug doesn't look too bad though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeco View Post
What about the vacuum operated petcock? These things always give me trouble so I replaced mine with a Pingle gravity feed type.
Thankfully over here we don't have to suffer the vacuum petcocks - just a standard tap with on/off/res.
LumberingJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #7661
Magestyk
Bicycle NINJA

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
So the first fender for the DR250/350 was believed to be a bit too big. So, I bought a fender for a RM80. As soon as the box came out of the mailbox, I knew it would not be the one. Now, I feel like I am buying Cinderella shoes and that one's too big...this one's too small. It's wicked short and much narrower than the frame.

But in the meantime, I think I am over another hurdle with mounting the tail light on the DR250/350. So, more pics and hopefully more progress this weekend.

And in the meantime, time to go look for more fender options

I feel you on this issue. Maybe we should start documenting, taking photos & brand/type of fender we bought. Maybe someone else like it. So far I have gotten two of them, and I dont like them. One Small, One Big.
I might cut this last one and make it shorter.

Magestyk screwed with this post 12-09-2013 at 07:41 PM
Magestyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #7662
Magestyk
Bicycle NINJA

This is an 'Acerbis' front Fender Black for a Yamaha YZ250F/450F
Length wise is perfect, but it's too danm wide on the front.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #7663
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Rear Fenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magestyk View Post
I feel you on this issue. Maybe we should start documenting, taking photos & brand/type of fender we bought. Maybe someone else like it. .
So, I've started a spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

Here's my pics:
Details of the DR250/DR350 fender thus far is post 7647 and post 7649.

I've decided to run that one til I break it off. Then maybe look for another one. However, will take pics of the RM80 when I get back to the garage.

Dorito screwed with this post 12-10-2013 at 04:22 PM
Dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #7664
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Have any of you put a super moto fender on the DR200 yet? I put one of those on a XR80/100 and it looked pretty good. They are of similar size, so it might work on the DR too.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #7665
Magestyk
Bicycle NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75monza View Post
Have any of you put a super moto fender on the DR200 yet? I put one of those on a XR80/100 and it looked pretty good. They are of similar size, so it might work on the DR too.

Yes I have.
The first fender I got was 'Acerbis Universal Supermoto Front Fender'
$23.99 on Amazon.

I did not like it because it's too short. One problem you will have is that when it's wet/raining the water will splash on your face when going over 35mph. The fender is too short/small.