Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #15511
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitino25 View Post
Yeah I found that site above and the same page but I'm pretty sure those parts are the front pegs only, I can't find the parts for the rears anywhere......If anybody has some to sell, let me know...
Check it again. It's for the front and the rear.
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #15512
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 829
i have a 94 DR350SE and just found a rear shock off of a 1996 DR350SE for sale, it says OHLINS on the reservoir. would this be a worthwhile swap or is the stock shock on mine similar to the 1996 model?

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." John Kenneth Galbraith

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

haggeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #15513
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloMo228 View Post
My '96 SE has passenger pegs. Looks like you can still buy them new, but they're going to cost you a little bit: https://suzukipartshouse.vnexttech.c...7227f/footrest Probably best to find some used ones, hopefully someone on here can hook you up.
Quote:
Yeah I found that site above and the same page but I'm pretty sure those parts are the front pegs only, I can't find the parts for the rears anywhere......If anybody has some to sell, let me know...
Looking at the link, parts 1-10 are the fronts. The rest are the passenger's - oh sorry - pillion's

'Being an adult is so much better when you forget that you're supposed to be boring' (D.Corsetto, 9/7/12)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #15514
thump!
Adventurer

Oddometer: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggeo View Post
i have a 94 DR350SE and just found a rear shock off of a 1996 DR350SE for sale, it says OHLINS on the reservoir. would this be a worthwhile swap or is the stock shock on mine similar to the 1996 model?
If its really an ohlins, yeah it would likely be worth the swap. I think the Suzuki shocks were the same for those years but you could check the part numbers at WWW.mrcycles.com to make sure.
thump! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #15515
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump! View Post
If its really an ohlins, yeah it would likely be worth the swap. I think the Suzuki shocks were the same for those years but you could check the part numbers at WWW.mrcycles.com to make sure.

thanks, i'll check on that.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." John Kenneth Galbraith

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

Old 04-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #15516
travis789
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
corbin seat

Is a corbin seat worth it? I have to ride quite a ways to even get to trails and the stock seat is a little uncomfortable. Anyone have any success with other seats? I know there are some build your own places and places you can ship your seat to and have it redone.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #15517
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggeo View Post
Saw that a couple of days ago. That is NOT an Ohlins shock. The jack ass of a seller is trying to fool you. That is the worse shock made for the our bikes. 96+ SE. You might already have an upgraded dirt shock seeing how the PO of your bike seem to have upgraded alot of stuff.

I was very confused about all the different shocks that came stock on the DR350. After I did some learning I wrote this:
http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums...?topic=85682.0

Read it all, as the first few post of mine was part of the learning curve.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #15518
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis789 View Post
Is a corbin seat worth it? I have to ride quite a ways to even get to trails and the stock seat is a little uncomfortable. Anyone have any success with other seats? I know there are some build your own places and places you can ship your seat to and have it redone.
i had a corbin seat on a KLR650 and liked it, did a 3000+ mile trip to the copper canyon from oakland. of course i liked it as much as i did because i bought it on craigslist for $80-90 and it was in almost new condition. i don't think i would have bought the seat for the new corbin price. i'll probably get the seat concepts foam and cover for my DR, $189 or so shipped.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #15519
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:

Some swear by them others say a corbin is too wide and interfers with offroad riding.

Seat concents is another company that makes replacment foam and covers. Never heard anything bad about them. They are chepaer than corbins too. Their is a mail yours in option as well. I would like to get one of these seats.

http://seatconcepts.com/products#!/~...358&id=7268174
Old 04-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #15520
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,618
Quote:
In my opinion, a Corbin seat would be a mistake on the DR350. Corbin makes their seat bases out of very thick and heavy material and their foam is also very dense, adding substantial weight to the bike. The Seat Concepts seat (and others) add significant comfort without undue extra weight and cost a fraction of what Corbin is asking. Downside is that you build the SC seat onto your pan. If this was a problem for you, I'm sure you could pick up a cheap used seat and still be saving lots in comparison to Corbin. In full discosure, I own two Corbin seats (One is on my GTS1000 and the other, for my R1100GS, is sitting on the shelf) and two Seat Concepts seats (One on the DR and one on the GS.) No afiliation to either company.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #15521
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
In my opinion, a Corbin seat would be a mistake on the DR350. Corbin makes their seat bases out of very thick and heavy material and their foam is also very dense, adding substantial weight to the bike. The Seat Concepts seat (and others) add significant comfort without undue extra weight and cost a fraction of what Corbin is asking. Downside is that you build the SC seat onto your pan. If this was a problem for you, I'm sure you could pick up a cheap used seat and still be saving lots in comparison to Corbin. In full discosure, I own two Corbin seats (One is on my GTS1000 and the other, for my R1100GS, is sitting on the shelf) and two Seat Concepts seats (One on the DR and one on the GS.) No afiliation to either company.
seat concepts will also do the work for you if you don't want to do it, i think it's an extra $20.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #15522
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
I have a few sets. PM inbound.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #15523
Tork
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
Saw that a couple of days ago. That is NOT an Ohlins shock. The jack ass of a seller is trying to fool you. That is the worse shock made for the our bikes. 96+ SE. You might already have an upgraded dirt shock seeing how the PO of your bike seem to have upgraded alot of stuff.

I was very confused about all the different shocks that came stock on the DR350. After I did some learning I wrote this:
http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums...?topic=85682.0

Read it all, as the first few post of mine was part of the learning curve.
Would like to read this , could you post it
in this thread ?
Tork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #15524
Chiknmunky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
I put one of the atv seat pads from Wal-mart on my DR and it is working very well!Fits the seat nicely too.Before,I would be squirming around after 30 or 40 miles but with that pad, I can go all day without being uncomfortable.
Chiknmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #15525
travis789
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
thanks for all the replies

I'm going to pick up a used seat pan from Ebay and send it to seat concepts. And in the mean time I'll see if WalMart has the atv seat cover. thanks again