Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #15616
travis789
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanory View Post

joined the club. Picked this up yesterday. 1990 350s with 4600 miles. Needs some TLC but for the price I couldn't pass it up.
Nice score! Welcome to the club, you'll love that bike.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #15617
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggeo View Post
i was all excited to get my exhaust back from getting modified at Kientech until i saw UPS had a go at it too

That sucks. But I am sure it will bend right back into shape with a crecent wrench. Fill a claim, bend the lip back, get the cash, enjoy the exhaust. Hope jetting isn't too much of a bear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis789 View Post
There is an oil galley in there that takes an o-ring, I recently read about a guy who forgot to put the o-ring in and it filled the cylinder with oil. Are you sure its not the oil line fitting? It would seem a more likely culprit. If it does require removing the cam, head, and cylinder, would that be within your capabilities? It shouldn't take more than 8 hours if you've done it before, provided you have all the new gaskets you'll need and don't run into problems. do you think it might go away by removing the cam cover and retorquing the head? The clymer manual recommends doing this pretty frequently.
This might be true, but not worth buying the bike to only find out more is involved.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #15618
RuggedExposure
Now with more rugged

Oddometer: 1,235
Does anyone know of a write up for converting the RMZ250 forks to a DR350? I know several people have done it.

I just picked up the forks, triple, brakes, and wheels from an RMZ250. I believe the donor bike was an '04...
I think I need new bearings and an axle. I'll get pics up when I can.

Border Road 100 Border Road Rally Raid
'13 Husky Terra 650, '08 Kawasaki Meanstreak 1600, '95 DR350S
RuggedExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #15619
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedExposure View Post
Does anyone know of a write up for converting the RMZ250 forks to a DR350? I know several people have done it.

I just picked up the forks, triple, brakes, and wheels from an RMZ250. I believe the donor bike was an '04...
If it is anything like the Rm, then you will need to press out your steering stem and press it in the lower triple of the rmx one.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #15620
RuggedExposure
Now with more rugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
If it is anything like the Rm, then you will need to press out your steering stem and press it in the lower triple of the rmx one.

Right. But if I remember correctly, something needs to be shimmed?

Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #15621
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,563
anyone looking to buy a nice DR350 with Kientech exhaust? you guys get first dibs before its posted.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #15622
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Right. But if I remember correctly, something needs to be shimmed?
The top triple and the stem. Some get a spacer custom machined. I used a 3/4" plumbing coupler and some beer can shims. I also relived a little material from the top triple as the Rm triples are thicker. The hardest part is pressing out the Dr stem. Need a big hydraulic press
Old 04-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #15623
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,176
DR350SE for sale in SC

Just a heads up that my '96 DR350SE with some nice mods will be hitting the FM and Craigslist soon. I shared a good bit about it in this post in the Weekly Rides near Charleston, SC thread. I'm located about 1.5 hours northwest of Charleston & 45 minutes south of Columbia.

Thanks,

Laura
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #15624
Suzuki Phil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
If you use a late 90's Suzuki RMX forks nothing needs to be done except a new upper bearing and turn the top nut down by .125". My DR has a set of forks from a 96 RMX250. I had the tabs that hold the odometer welded to the stock RMX upper clamp, looks all factory. You will need the RMX wheel and brake caliper also.

SP

Quote:

Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #15625
RuggedExposure
Now with more rugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki Phil View Post
If you use a late 90's Suzuki RMX forks nothing needs to be done except a new upper bearing and turn the top nut down by .125". My DR has a set of forks from a 96 RMX250. I had the tabs that hold the odometer welded to the stock RMX upper clamp, looks all factory. You will need the RMX wheel and brake caliper also.

SP
I believe the forks, wheel, brakes and everything I got are off a '04 RMZ250. Will this still work?

Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #15626
scharfg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Instructions for installing Mikuni Pumper Carb in '96 DR350 Street?

Hi folks sorry to hi jack this thread but I did some searching and could not come up with what I'm looking for.

I'm a complete mechanical newb so I'm looking for advice/instructions on how to replace my CV carb with the Pumper carb.

I bought my kit from Jesse but all that was included was three 8.5 x 11" photos, one of the cut out air box (which I've done already) and two of the new carb installed in the bike (at least that is what I think they are), no other instructions. I sent him an email request for more info (I had him re and re my old CV carb when I bought the bike used) a week ago but no word back from him yet.

Rarely is something that simple, especially for me so any suggestions would be very much appreicated!

Thank you.

scharfg screwed with this post 04-26-2013 at 07:45 PM
scharfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #15627
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by scharfg View Post
Hi folks sorry to hi jack this thread but I did some searching and could not come up with what I'm looking for.

I'm a complete mechanical newb so I'm looking for advice/instructions on how to replace my CV carb with the Pumper carb.

I bought my kit from Jesse but all that was included was three 8.5 x 11" photos, one of the cut out air box (which I've done already) and two of the new carb installed in the bike (at least that is what I think they are), no other instructions. I sent him an email request for more info (I had him re and re my old CV carb when I bought the bike used) a week ago but no word back from him yet.

Rarely is something that simple, especially for me so any suggestions would be very much appreicated!

Thank you.
call jesse for guidance, heck his wife is pretty well versed in DR350 too. they always answer the phone when i call or call right back when i leave a message.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." John Kenneth Galbraith

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

haggeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #15628
scharfg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Awesome suggestion thanks eh!
scharfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #15629
DR350seKING
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
sw pa open ride

just seeing if anyone from south west pa is going to the tri-county atv park in heilwood pa its open ride this weekend on 850 acres. or has anyone been there im going out tonight and camping and riding all day sunday.
http://www.tricountyatv.com/
DR350seKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #15630
DR350seKING
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
anyone selling a oversized tank?

im looking for a acerbis oversized tank for my 99 dr350se but i dont have $200+ for a new one. anyone got one for sale?
DR350seKING is offline   Reply With Quote