Old 02-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #1561
Hugh B
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by backroadsv03
Hey guys, I've got my '96 DR350 up for sale

here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434441

I will be selling the supermoto conversion stuff separately.
Did you ever post any pictures of your supermoto set up once you finished it? I remember you posted a couple of pictures of the front wheel and the brake caliper adapter, but I never saw the rear wheel that you used or the complete set up. Please post some if you have any.

Thanks.

Hugh
Hugh B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #1562
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,243
For racks there's also the promoto billet rack which is actually lighter than the stock steel rail it replaces and drop dead sexy

With JCW base plate mounted

And top box

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #1563
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh B
Did you ever post any pictures of your supermoto set up once you finished it? I remember you posted a couple of pictures of the front wheel and the brake caliper adapter, but I never saw the rear wheel that you used or the complete set up. Please post some if you have any.

Thanks.

Hugh
The rear is just a stock wheel with a bridgestone b-045 on it. never took any pics. winter got too cold
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #1564
kennyk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Aux running Lights on 350

I picked up a 97 DR350 I use it to commute 50 mile round trip. some weekend adventure riding gavel roads, fire roads etc. Don't plan on any thumping and jumping. Looking to install some running/ fog lights looking for some ideas on mounting locations. I know elect. system will handle them. Anyone have pics?
kennyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #1565
RyanE
Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
I am somewhat bemused by the design because it looks like much of the capacity may be below the level of the petcock. I'm wondering how much capacity is really added.
I also purchased and installed the Clarke tank recently. I think you are correct, much of the fuel in the "wings" up front is lower than the petcock intake and will not be reachable. I am toying with the idea of fitting a siphon hose to the petcock, but am unsure if this will work.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #1566
saddlsor
my butt hurts

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanE
I also purchased and installed the Clarke tank recently. I think you are correct, much of the fuel in the "wings" up front is lower than the petcock intake and will not be reachable. I am toying with the idea of fitting a siphon hose to the petcock, but am unsure if this will work.
I installed a clark tank on my 99. it had a usable capacity of around 3.7 gallons. to balance out the sides I put a barbed 1/4" fitting in each side towards the bottom front with a hose crossing over. the first hole was the hardest to drill. I threaded the holes and put epoxy on the fittings and screwed them in. it held for 4 years. then I wanted a bigger tank and had read on another website about fitting a 5 gallon xr600 tank. so I bought one and did the same thing to it. it has a usable capacity of 5 gallons. when I put the fittings in this one I had a small seepage on one side after a week so had to redue it. that was 3 years ago. what I like is I have a range of 300 mi. plus. riding easy on backroads I've done 350 on the main with 1/2 gallon left. only downside is you have to make mounting brackets.
saddlsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:24 AM   #1567
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by apb
Say, where did you get the black fork boots? I'd like to replace the goofy yellow ones on my bike. I'm thinking the ones intended for a Honda XR400 or similar machine could be made to work on the DR, since I haven't come across any aftermarket ones intended specifically for this bike..
My 96 dirt model has black fork boots.

I think this is the correct part number, I checked the microfiche at www.ronayers.com.

51571-14D00-163

$42.05
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #1568
zaner32
In over my head

Oddometer: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by apb
Say, where did you get the black fork boots? I'd like to replace the goofy yellow ones on my bike. I'm thinking the ones intended for a Honda XR400 or similar machine could be made to work on the DR, since I haven't come across any aftermarket ones intended specifically for this bike..
Those are progrip. IIRC about half the cost of OEM and twice as sturdy. Just measure the diameter of the forks and see your local Parts Unlimited dealer.
zaner32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #1569
kennyk
Adventurer

lookin for OEM tag & light set up for DR350

I M lookin for a OEM tag & tag light set up for a DR350 if anyone has a set up they would sale please let me know
Old 02-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #1570
kennyk
Adventurer

XR600 tank on DR350?

how hard was it to install XR tank on 350? do you still have other site info? what about pics with XR tank? I M very interested in doing this install. I was going to get a 4.3 but larger XR tank would be better
Old 02-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #1571
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyk
how hard was it to install XR tank on 350? do you still have other site info? what about pics with XR tank? I M very interested in doing this install. I was going to get a 4.3 but larger XR tank would be better

saddlsor I'm interested as well, any info would be welcome.

John
Old 02-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #1572
RyanE
Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyk
I M lookin for a OEM tag & tag light set up for a DR350 if anyone has a set up they would sale please let me know
Hi Kenny, are you looking for the black plastic piece that contains the plate-light and bolts underneath the white fender piece? If so, I do have it (it doesn't have the metal plate bracket though - I re-mounted that on the fender) and it's yours for the cost of shipping. Shipping might be prohibitive though as I'm in Canada. Let me know.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #1573
saddlsor
my butt hurts

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyandjebus
saddlsor I'm interested as well, any info would be welcome.

John
I got the info off of someones website but I can't remember who. I think it was something like ludwigs dr350 info, but I 'm not sure. I've looked a little but haven't found it yet. the tank fits well but you have to fab up brackets. I ran a piece of allthread through the top engine mounting plate so it stuck out about an inch or so and used that as my attachment point. the xr tank doesn't have the half moon points, just a place to screw in two bolts on each side. I got a flat piece of metal and ran it from the two bolts to the allthread on the engine plate. also a little extra foam under the tank to take up a little space. sorry but I don't have any pics, it sure would be easier to explain. I think the tank number was 1304 but I have to look it up to be sure. I'm in colorado on a sking trip. when I get back I'll try and find more info.
saddlsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:45 AM   #1574
yeroc40
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Pumper jetting

Would anyone like to post their jetting with the pumper carb and stock exhaust? I haven't started on it yet, but I am removing the Supertrapp that is currently on the bike and putting a stock pipe back on.

BTW: If anyone is looking for a Supertrapp, let me know.
yeroc40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #1575
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Lookie what showed up in the mail!!

Recently a used pumper carb from Bob over at thumpertalk and today the parts need to install(from Jesse)

The plan is to install this weekend, but no riding for a few weeks yet. Still too much snow on the ground.

yeroc40, the carb came from bob unit over at thumpertalk.com. It was a spare he had tuned up for the dr350 with stock exhaust. I would suggest you send him a pm, via thumpertalk, as he recently installed a new pumper carb on his DR and can help you out. When I ordered the parts from Jesse I told him that I was running with a modded airbox and a modded stock exhaust, similar to what Jesse offers. He suggested that a 140 main jet and the needle in the 4'th position was what I needed. Bob had already set the needle to the 4'th position so I installed a 140 main jet so it looks like I am good.

More to come.
John