Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #15751
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spat View Post
I find it hard to believe you all ride 2 up on a DR
I donated my set to an inmate who was looking couple of weeks ago.
I just rode mine two up this evening, dropping my daughter off at a rehearsal. Of course she's nine, and it wasn't very far. It was a pretty tight squeeze though, my trunk box doesn't leave much room for her to slide back.
TheOtherBart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #15752
sage06
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Washington DR350s for sale!

Its not the usual marketplace but fir us DR350 fans I though I would post a ling to this
http://skagit.craigslist.org/mcy/3791443097.html
sage06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #15753
Rich667
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Things that probably shoudn't be done on a DR:

The gap looks bigger in person.
[IMG][/IMG]
Rich667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #15754
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich667 View Post
The gap looks bigger in person.
[IMG][/IMG]
Brave fellow! I would not trust the DR suspension to handle the landing, even if I was willing. Looks like you bottomed your out pretty hard.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #15755
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Good man for keeping the front up....I found with the Acerbis tank mine has a tendency to drop the nose pretty quickly unless you compensate...

Nice picture sequence too!
markk900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #15756
Richklr650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
new to me dr350s

hey gang just picked up a fresh garage find dr350s kick start been setting for about 3 years has 5200 miles on it all original its dirty but clean no dings or dents i know i have to pull the carb and give it a cleaning is there anything else i should know about this bike some one said something about bad 2nd gear ??? any help would be great thanks
Richklr650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #15757
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richklr650 View Post
hey gang just picked up a fresh garage find dr350s kick start been setting for about 3 years has 5200 miles on it all original its dirty but clean no dings or dents i know i have to pull the carb and give it a cleaning is there anything else i should know about this bike some one said something about bad 2nd gear ??? any help would be great thanks
Congrats!

Nothing to worry about with 2nd gear. Perform all the basic maintenance: change oil, torque heads, set valves, grease chassis, clean carb and air filter, lube cables, etc. Then, just ride it and fix any issues as they come along. Have fun! :>

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #15758
Richklr650
Gnarly Adventurer

its an se model sorry
Old 05-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #15759
Richklr650
Gnarly Adventurer

thanks ill let you guys know what i find and how it runs
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #15760
jackanory
I am Jack's wasted life

Oddometer: 476

Definitely not lean. I have the CV carb, jetting is 135 main, 40 pilot, fuel screw 3.5 turns out. These are the settings I inherited. PO was running a hotter plug, DPR7EA which I swapped out for a 9EA. The airbox had the top drilled out with a couple large holes. I squared them off (pic a couple posts back). The needle has been shimmed up I believe, has two thin washers under the clip, I'm not sure what the stock configuration is.

The airbox still has the screen, uni-filter (not over-oiled, already made that mistake!) float level is correct using the clear tube off the check port method. Exhaust is all stock. I am going to pull the header and grind down the weld but that is the only modification to the exhaust I'm going to do. Quieter is more better.

In all likelihood I will upgrade to a pumper carb at some point in the future but for now I want to utilize what I have. This bike is not going to be a race bike. I want a reliable, quiet, efficient bike for exploring the area. If I need to ride in anger I have a YZ250 2T for that.
jackanory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #15761
thump!
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanory View Post

Definitely not lean. I have the CV carb, jetting is 135 main, 40 pilot, fuel screw 3.5 turns out. These are the settings I inherited. PO was running a hotter plug, DPR7EA which I swapped out for a 9EA. The airbox had the top drilled out with a couple large holes. I squared them off (pic a couple posts back). The needle has been shimmed up I believe, has two thin washers under the clip, I'm not sure what the stock configuration is.

The airbox still has the screen, uni-filter (not over-oiled, already made that mistake!) float level is correct using the clear tube off the check port method. Exhaust is all stock. I am going to pull the header and grind down the weld but that is the only modification to the exhaust I'm going to do. Quieter is more better.

In all likelihood I will upgrade to a pumper carb at some point in the future but for now I want to utilize what I have. This bike is not going to be a race bike. I want a reliable, quiet, efficient bike for exploring the area. If I need to ride in anger I have a YZ250 2T for that.
Depending on year, stock jetting is a 135 or 132.5 main and a 37.5 pilot. From the factory the sealed idle mixture screw is usually about 1.3 turns out. If it were mine, I'd remove both shims under the needle and run the idle screw in until the revs start to drop then back out about 1/8 turn. I guessing that will be less than 2. If still too rich, you might have to replace the pilot jet with 37.5.
thump! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #15762
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanory View Post
I'm not sure what the stock configuration is.
The official book lists all of the original specifications:
http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/d...ervice_manuals

Personally, I would return to original stock configuration and then work from there.

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #15763
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump! View Post
Depending on year, stock jetting is a 135 or 132.5 main and a 37.5 pilot. From the factory the sealed idle mixture screw is usually about 1.3 turns out. If it were mine, I'd remove both shims under the needle and run the idle screw in until the revs start to drop then back out about 1/8 turn. I guessing that will be less than 2. If still too rich, you might have to replace the pilot jet with 37.5.
E starts have a 127.5 main.
MrPulldown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #15764
jackanory
I am Jack's wasted life

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Bender View Post
The official book lists all of the original specifications:
http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/d...ervice_manuals

Personally, I would return to original stock configuration and then work from there.

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Thanks for the link, I checked it out and it will be great for future reference, a clymer came with the bike but it is always nice to have the factory manual too. Unfortunately it looks like this is for the dirt model with the pumper carb so I wasn't able to find the CV specs unless I overlooked them somewhere (entirely possible and wouldn't be the first time. or last...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
E starts have a 127.5 main.
Thank you for the replies, that is pretty much the same info I got in my web searches - stock being somewhere between 127.5 and 135. Have some other issues going on now...
jackanory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #15765
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Bender View Post
Congrats!

Nothing to worry about with 2nd gear. Perform all the basic maintenance: change oil, torque heads, set valves, grease chassis, clean carb and air filter, lube cables, etc. Then, just ride it and fix any issues as they come along. Have fun! :>

Regards,

Gregory Bender

Wait, Torque the head??... What you talkin bout willis? This need to be done on a regular basis? i musta missed this note...Please Explain

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote