Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #1606
tsezan
For those with True Grit

Oddometer: 4
I am looking at a '94 dr350se currently. My riding buddy has a '95 dr350 not sure if they were se's or not but it is the stock street legal model. I'm sure its buried in this 108 page thread somewhere, but is there any significant difference between these two years?

Thanks for any help.
tsezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #1607
pookiebear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 937
To bump up the stopping ability, get a front master cylinder from a suzuki GS500, It will make a huge difference with the steel braided line. I did this, I got the master cylinder for $9 off ebay and cleaned it up. Good to go! The rear brake is a pain to bleed but does not need to be upgraded.
pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #1608
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsezan
I am looking at a '94 dr350se currently. My riding buddy has a '95 dr350 not sure if they were se's or not but it is the stock street legal model. I'm sure its buried in this 108 page thread somewhere, but is there any significant difference between these two years?

Thanks for any help.
zero difference.

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #1609
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
get a front master cylinder from a suzuki GS500

Will the brakes lines/banjo bolts fit the GS500 master cylinder?

John
Old 03-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #1610
pookiebear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 937
You have to use the banjo bolt at the master cylinder that is for the master cyl. It has a diff thread, but it will still work with the stock line, and braided lines for the dr.
pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #1611
error cooled
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,154
Hey gang. I just picked up a 94 DR350SE. It came with a supertrapp exhaust. I would like to return it back to stock.

Would any one want to trade - or have a stock muffler for sale?

Also - my kill switch does not work. The PO said it stopped working when he switched over to aluminum bars. Any ideas?

Thanks David
error cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #1612
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED

Oddometer: 281
Thumbs down Dr 350 / 1998

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my sons bike.
We have a 1998 dr 350 with a older RMZ 400 muffler on it , the head has had the inlets polished a bit . The tune on the bike is O.K. but the sparkplug shows that it is running rich . It starts quite good 2 to 3 kicks. We have put the twin electrode sparkplug in as well .The carby settings are standard jets on both the needle is on the last clip down and the float is about 1mm lower than standard due to told that thay can suck fuel and not let the rev's off when backing off the throttle . HELP what is the best thing to do to get the engine running sweat!!!!!!!
Please P.M. me.
Now the Perfect pair!!!!

TEZZA screwed with this post 03-07-2009 at 04:22 PM
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #1613
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
new clutch plates, adjustment needed

Hey all
This past winter I installed new clutch plates in my 350. I had the bike out for it's first ride today and had some problems. The clutch will not fully dis-engage when I pull in the clutch lever. If I drive down the street in 1'st gear and press in the clutch lever the bike will continue to move forward at a slow but steady pace. The clutch is not fully dis-engaging.
A couple of points.
- The cable is old, I have a new one and will be installing it.
- My clutch lever is slightly bent, in that when I squeeze it in, it will rub up against the handle bar grip.

So I am new to adjusting clutches, am I correct in saying that adjusting the cable only adds or removes slack in the clutch lever? I have about 1/8 - 1/4 inch of slack at the pivot point of the clutch lever.

Can anyone walk me thru how to adjust the clutch so I can fully dis-engage it when I pull in the lever?
Given that I am running new plates can I expect some drag for the first couple hundred km's?

Any thoughts

Thanks,
John

p.s I didn't get to give the bike a proper ride but the pumper carb I installed sure feels great
Old 03-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #1614
kennyk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
PM sent on exaust
kennyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #1615
Innocent Criminal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Hi guys, new DR owner here. Picked up a 97 SE recently and love everything about it except the Lakers color scheme.

My question, has anyone purchased the seat/tank covers on ebay that are from Argentina or some such? If you have, can you post some pics?

Thanks.
Innocent Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #1616
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Ok, I bled the front brake again today.

I think I did a little bit better than last time. While I was cleaning up I was looking over the caliper and trying to get a look at the pads when I realized the rotors looked a little dirty. Don't know why I never looked at them that closely before, too focused on the rest of the brakes I guess. I ran my fingers across the surface and found that there was a very thin layer of some sort of grease, almost like road grime, on it that visibly rubbed off on my fingers. So I grabbed a can of brake cleaner and a clean terry cloth and went to town on them. After about 30 sec the rag was black enough that light could not escape it's surface. In the end the rotor looks a lot cleaner now and I hit the rear as well which was only a little dirty. Took her out for a spin and at higher speeds it feels like I could almost tuck the front end under if I tried hard enough. The braking has improved massively, but I'm not sure what was on them in the first place.

Thanks for the tips guys!!

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #1617
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
I've also got another question, about how long does it take your DRs to warm up? I remember reading in a manual that these bikes don't like you to give them any throttle when they're cold. Mine is that way. I have to let it idle for about 5min after taking the choke off (if I needed it) and then I have to ride it around bumping the throttle to keep it slightly above idle for about another 10-15 before it stops stumbling off of idle.

Could my jetting be a little off?

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #1618
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
I've also got another question, about how long does it take your DRs to warm up? I remember reading in a manual that these bikes don't like you to give them any throttle when they're cold. Mine is that way. I have to let it idle for about 5min after taking the choke off (if I needed it) and then I have to ride it around bumping the throttle to keep it slightly above idle for about another 10-15 before it stops stumbling off of idle.

Could my jetting be a little off?
Either that or the pilot jet or another jet may be a little gummed up.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #1619
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,750
Are those of you who are using a Clarke tank on your DR350's still using the stock petcock?
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #1620
Bob Onit
Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
Are those of you who are using a Clarke tank on your DR350's still using the stock petcock?
No problems at all using the stock petcock as long as you're still using the stock carb.
Bob Onit is offline   Reply With Quote