ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #16321
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Cave Creek, Arizona, United States
Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork View Post
Choice of 98 or 97 DR350S OR SE , which to choose ?
1998. In the S/SE range, it is superior to the 97 and prior.

For the dirt model, 97 - 99 are best.

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #16322
Tork
Pinsetter
 
Tork's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Duvall, WA.
Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Bender View Post
1998. In the S/SE range, it is superior to the 97 and prior.

For the dirt model, 97 - 99 are best.

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Thanks
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #16323
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: DFW TX
Oddometer: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
sup guys, hey i thought i recalled reading about someone doing a HID conversion here in this thread...or am i thinking wrong? can anyone point me in right direction? also read that the HID's our bikes use (H4) only come with 1 beam...as in low beam..thats it. any input on this boys?
Sorry, it took me a while to find this one. Looks interesting. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758925
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #16324
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mustangwagz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Western PA
Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bold2getold View Post
Sorry, it took me a while to find this one. Looks interesting. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758925
wow nice! wish i could solder! lol
__________________
-WagZ-
'93 DR350S

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #16325
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mustangwagz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Western PA
Oddometer: 242
Choke Pull Replacement

Hey guys, found a Choke pull replacment at local shop, was curious if it'd fit our bikes with the CV's on em.. Mikuni Part number is TM38/57

THey screw in, but didnt know if they'd work properly. figured id ask first.
__________________
-WagZ-
'93 DR350S

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #16326
Toadady
Push'n parts
 
Toadady's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Southern Missouri
Oddometer: 3,849
anyone know the part # for a throttle cable to fit the pumper carb off of a "dirt" DR350 using the single cable throttle tube off the "street" dr? Suzuki only offers the cables off the dirt model in a set (push pull) and the street version only has the pull
__________________
Get to work, millions on welfare are depending on you
Toadady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #16327
thump!
Adventurer
 
thump!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadady View Post
anyone know the part # for a throttle cable to fit the pumper carb off of a "dirt" DR350 using the single cable throttle tube off the "street" dr? Suzuki only offers the cables off the dirt model in a set (push pull) and the street version only has the pull
You need the dirt model throttle tube.
thump! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #16328
Queen of Spades
tall drink of water
 
Queen of Spades's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Decatur, GA
Oddometer: 844
New DR350S owner.

Are yellow side panels and rear fender available for this model? Figure I can easily mount a RM125 front fender but I'm not having luck finding anyone who makes side panels and a OEM style rear fender in yellow.

Plan B: Has anyone successfully mounted RMZ or RM side panels to the DR350?
__________________
'99 KTM 640 LC4 Enduro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fifXkDQpda4 (January 2014 snow ride)

Queen of Spades screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 12:48 PM
Queen of Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #16329
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider
 
Anonawesome's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Central OH
Oddometer: 1,225
Random pretty picture.

Anonawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #16330
Cool_Hand_Luke
n00b
 
Cool_Hand_Luke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Bay Area CA
Oddometer: 9
Question '99 DR350se chain/tires

I am somewhat new to riding (6 months now) and have a '99 DR350se. Someone recommended that I should replace my chain here pretty soon so I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions. I mostly ride around town but plan on doing some off road riding now that I am getting comfortable on my bike.

I also am looking into getting some knobbies for off road riding...though I would still like them DOT approved to cover my ass just in case. I have 2 sets of wheels, both with Dual Sport tires on them so I can just take the Dual Sports off one set of wheels to accommodate for the knobbies! Anyone know of any tires that might fit my needs?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Luke
Cool_Hand_Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #16331
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer
 
markk900's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonawesome View Post
Random pretty picture.

Just so you know you inspired me to get off my ass and go for a ride today thanks.....
markk900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #16332
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer
 
markk900's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Hand_Luke View Post
I am somewhat new to riding (6 months now) and have a '99 DR350se. Someone recommended that I should replace my chain here pretty soon so I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions. I mostly ride around town but plan on doing some off road riding now that I am getting comfortable on my bike.

I also am looking into getting some knobbies for off road riding...though I would still like them DOT approved to cover my ass just in case. I have 2 sets of wheels, both with Dual Sport tires on them so I can just take the Dual Sports off one set of wheels to accommodate for the knobbies! Anyone know of any tires that might fit my needs?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Luke
Sounds like you're having a great time! You'll get lots of advice about tires - I use Kenda K760 Trakmasters at both ends (DOT knobby) but lots of folks don't like the front much. They've been good to me though.

As far as the chain goes, lots of advice on the interwebs about how to tell if you need a new chain, but the biggest warning sign is that the teeth on either sprocket are getting slight hooks to them (ie. the teeth are no longer symmetrical but have worn more on one side). By that point you're pretty much far gone, but if you don't know the history of your bike that's the first thing I'd look at.
markk900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #16333
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider
 
Anonawesome's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Central OH
Oddometer: 1,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk900 View Post
Just so you know you inspired me to get off my ass and go for a ride today thanks.....
Much obliged!
Anonawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #16334
Cool_Hand_Luke
n00b
 
Cool_Hand_Luke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Bay Area CA
Oddometer: 9
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk900 View Post
Sounds like you're having a great time! You'll get lots of advice about tires - I use Kenda K760 Trakmasters at both ends (DOT knobby) but lots of folks don't like the front much. They've been good to me though.

As far as the chain goes, lots of advice on the interwebs about how to tell if you need a new chain, but the biggest warning sign is that the teeth on either sprocket are getting slight hooks to them (ie. the teeth are no longer symmetrical but have worn more on one side). By that point you're pretty much far gone, but if you don't know the history of your bike that's the first thing I'd look at.
Thanks Markk900...yeah the guy that suggested I replace the chain said I should b/c the chain has some sag in it and I had already shifted the rear wheel as far back as it can go. Do chains stretch over time? Any suggestions on the brand or type I should look into? I will go check out the sprockets now. Thanks again!
Cool_Hand_Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #16335
Tork
Pinsetter
 
Tork's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Duvall, WA.
Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Hand_Luke View Post
Thanks Markk900...yeah the guy that suggested I replace the chain said I should b/c the chain has some sag in it and I had already shifted the rear wheel as far back as it can go. Do chains stretch over time? Any suggestions on the brand or type I should look into? I will go check out the sprockets now. Thanks again!
Also as the sprockets wear the chain gets loose .
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014