ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 05:11 AM   #1666
Maciek
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 1
Hi guys.

My name is Maciek and I'm from Poland

That's my DR:



I'm looking for frame protectors. Maybe someone can tell me where can I buy it? After Polisport finished to make them, it's impossible to buy them in polish shops .

Best Regards from eastern Europe
Maciek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #1667
Bob Onit
Rocket Surgeon
 
Bob Onit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Population 174
Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciek
I'm looking for frame protectors. Maybe someone can tell me where can I buy it? After Polisport finished to make them, it's impossible to buy them in polish shops .

Best Regards from eastern Europe
You can buy the frame protectors from Kientech in the USA.




http://www.kientech.com/DR350ProdList.htm
Bob Onit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #1668
scooterjunkie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
scooterjunkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 163
Just joined the pack!

I bit the bullet and picked her up today for $1200 (1996 DR350SE w/ 4600 miles). I couldn't resist a short jaunt into the desert....


__________________
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2008 Victory Vision
2000 Triumph Tiger
1966 Honda CL77
scooterjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #1669
Bulleteer
Aimless Wanderer
 
Bulleteer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Possum Kingdom, SC
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterjunkie
I bit the bullet and picked her up today for $1200 (1996 DR350SE w/ 4600 miles).
I hate you.

Really, though, nice find. I just paid much more for a '94 DR350 that is nowhere near as nice as yours. Great photos, too.
Bulleteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #1670
Diablo_man
Adventurer
 
Diablo_man's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 45
is there any advantage of the earlier DR350's (kickstart) over the e start models? what is the weight difference? (all the specs online say different things, or have them listed as the same weight.) what sort of top speeds?

there is a low miles, perfect condition 1991 for sale around here for 2500 (this is canada, where the money is weak and offroaders are like gold)
it is the only dr350 for sale. anywhere near here.
__________________
No longer completely bikeless, rejoice!

1984 Yamaha Virago 500 (sold)
1984 honda XL600R oh god it runs!
Diablo_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 AM   #1671
Klay
dreaming adventurer
 
Klay's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: right here on my thermarest
Oddometer: 100,135
I wish I had the kick start. Mine is e-start with a 435cc kit, and the starter has a hard time turning the motor over. I've had to bump start it a number of times.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #1672
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,319
I currently have a 140 main jet in my DR and it skips at high rpms when WOT like I said before, well I couldn't remember what jet was in there originally, so I dug it out and it's a 130 (). I'm thinking about maybe trying a 135, but I'm not sure how much of a difference each jet size is supposed to be. Ya'll think that'd be too much of a change, too little, right on...?








Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterjunkie
I bit the bullet and picked her up today for $1200 (1996 DR350SE w/ 4600 miles). I couldn't resist a short jaunt into the desert....
How do you like those hand guards?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
I wish I had the kick start. Mine is e-start with a 435cc kit, and the starter has a hard time turning the motor over. I've had to bump start it a number of times.
I'll trade ya.
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #1673
jcalis
Studly Adventurer
 
jcalis's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: S.E. Massachusetts
Oddometer: 571
Quote:
I currently have a 140 main jet in my DR and it skips at high rpms when WOT like I said before, well I couldn't remember what jet was in there originally, so I dug it out and it's a 130 (). I'm thinking about maybe trying a 135, but I'm not sure how much of a difference each jet size is supposed to be. Ya'll think that'd be too much of a change, too little, right on...?
Try the 135 main. Look for it to pull just as strong at the upper RPM range and hopefully get rid of the skip. Power will drop off if you go too lean.

Quote:
is there any advantage of the earlier DR350's (kickstart) over the e start models? what is the weight difference? (all the specs online say different things, or have them listed as the same weight.
Kick only weighs a few pounds less. You can remove the battery and save five more pounds. You would want to add a 4700uf capacitor to keep the lights bright at low rpm, and the lights will "go out" the instant the engine stops.
__________________
2007 WR250F (plated)
jcalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #1674
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell
 
PrairieRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: As near Hell as I can get
Oddometer: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyM
I have a stock 1999 Dr350SE. I would describe the power as just adequate for the local freeways in California with our 65 Mph city freeway speed limit. RPM is just under 7000 at 70Mph. I like my 60 MPG mileage so I will not be doing any power mods. If you need to go much faster than 70 for extended periods, I would look for a bigger bike.
What sprocket sizes are you running front & rear? At 65, rpms are close to 8000 on my bike.
__________________
2007 KLR650
1999 DR350SEX
2003 CRF230F
1994 Beta Techno 250

Striving to do better.
PrairieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #1675
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalis
Try the 135 main. Look for it to pull just as strong at the upper RPM range and hopefully get rid of the skip. Power will drop off if you go too lean.
Alright, thanks!

Yeah, originally when it still had the 130 in it, I'd get out to and opening and rip on it and it'd pull ok to about 5-6k rpms but above that the engine kept spinning, but the power would almost completely fade away.
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #1676
Hugh B
Adventurer
 
Hugh B's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Sycamore, IL
Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
I wish I had the kick start. Mine is e-start with a 435cc kit, and the starter has a hard time turning the motor over. I've had to bump start it a number of times.
I believe it is possible to retrofit a kick starter on to the later electric start DR's. There's probably a good chance that somebody here has done it even. Anybody? I'd kind of like to do it myself if it's possible.
Hugh B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #1677
Klay
dreaming adventurer
 
Klay's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: right here on my thermarest
Oddometer: 100,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh B
I believe it is possible to retrofit a kick starter on to the later electric start DR's. There's probably a good chance that somebody here has done it even. Anybody? I'd kind of like to do it myself if it's possible.
I'm interested to hear about this...how far into the tranny do you have to go.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #1678
wtrlogd
IBA#23793
 
wtrlogd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh B
I believe it is possible to retrofit a kick starter on to the later electric start DR's. There's probably a good chance that somebody here has done it even. Anybody? I'd kind of like to do it myself if it's possible.
See post #24 in this thread
wtrlogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #1679
Echo-Echo
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: colorado springs, colorado
Oddometer: 12
kicker as an alternate

Lost Aussie has done it on his DR441, It is pretty simple to add the kicker.
__________________
08 WR250R
08 SV650
91 DR441
Echo-Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #1680
Klay
dreaming adventurer
 
Klay's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: right here on my thermarest
Oddometer: 100,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrlogd
See post #24 in this thread

Thanks!
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014