simbaboy
Lansing MBS

Oddometer: 724
PM Sent

Thanks
Simba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Bender View Post
The side covers I had are sold, but I've got a rear fender (and a UFO front fender I need to put on the for sale page) that I am selling for little money. Both are far from new and shiny.

http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/f...arts_dr350.htm

Regards,

Gregory Bender
simbaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #18797
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboneleg View Post
I am attempting to replace the lower shock mount bearing on my '98 SEW as it is worn but I'm struggling to remove the 'clips' that secure it. I have tried my circlip pliers but the ends snapped off and also tried a punch but it was too large and my picks are not man enough for the job.

Any ideas how to get them out
use a pick or screwdrivers as others said, and keep your other hand over the work to prevent a spring IED. the bearing really protests when pressed out.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #18798
dbarale
Squiddly slow

Oddometer: 1,203
I posted my Progressive shock for trade: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928387

dbarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #18799
Askor200
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by plugeye View Post
use a pick or screwdrivers as others said, and keep your other hand over the work to prevent a spring IED. the bearing really protests when pressed out.
Mine took around 2 tons of pressure to get out!
Does anyone know where I can get the single roller bearing and spacer that goes into the linkage opposite the plain bearing previously being discussed? I can't really find any places that will sell me the single bearing. I think its 27x32x20

Also DO NOT buy those cheap eBay head gaskets, they suck. Mine has a tiny little bit of oil bubbling out the side. Not enough to drip but enough to just see it. not very impressed. Doesn't burn oil though. Yet.
Askor200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #18800
Motoswami
Motoswami

Oddometer: 69
DR250/350 Manual FS

In the Flea Market (Parts) I have a listing for manuals I no longer need. One is for the DR250/350, if anyone is interested.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928242
Motoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #18801
Queen of Spades
tall drink of water

Oddometer: 841
Looking for a source for throttle cable on a 1990 DR350S "L/M" carb. This was the early edition with the single pull throttle. No way to bolt up the two-cable bracket so I have to stick with the single cable setup. Also, the later model cables (dual) are about 1.5" too long.

Anyone know a source for the single pull throttle cable for the L/M models?

Queen of Spades screwed with this post 10-20-2013 at 05:40 AM
Queen of Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #18802
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Spades View Post
Looking for a source for throttle cable on a 1990 DR350S "L/M" carb. This was the early edition with the single pull throttle. No way to bolt up the two-cable bracket so I have to stick with the single cable setup. Also, the later model cables (dual) are about 1.5" too long.

Anyone know a source for the single pull throttle cable for the L/M models?
I've contacted an inmate who may have one in his garage. If he doesn't have it then I'd try to source a custom length cable from a local bicycle shop.
veriest1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #18803
Dark_flame221
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
i'm trying to fit my new cycra fully closed hand guard.

On the clutch side no problem the end bar is already open and ready to accept the hand guard...
But the throttle tube is a closed end what do i do ? drill it ?

Also i bought some ktm heated grip that are a bit too long can somebody tell me if i can cut them a bit ? thx !
Dark_flame221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #18804
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_flame221 View Post
i'm trying to fit my new cycra fully closed hand guard.

On the clutch side no problem the end bar is already open and ready to accept the hand guard...
But the throttle tube is a closed end what do i do ? drill it ?
I used the saw on a Leatherman to cut the end off mine because it was the closest saw at hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #18805
Dark_flame221
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
I used the saw on a Leatherman to cut the end off mine because it was the closest saw at hand.

Yeah well i used a 5/8 drill bit and finished the work with a dremel...

but i still got 2 issues : 1- my Freaking ktm heated grip being too long and i dont know if i can cut them a bit

2- The end of the handguard brace is making contact with the front brake line holder preventing me of putting it where it should sit ..

Dark_flame221 screwed with this post 10-20-2013 at 02:56 PM
Old 10-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #18806
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Grips you can always cut, and handguards always take some "finesse" to get them to fit right....I ended up drilling new holes so mine (not Cycra) would mount correctly, and I had to file the handlebar portion to not contact my Acerbis tank.
markk900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #18807
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

I would be hesitant to cut grips with heaters built in for fear of damaging wiring. But I do have a ktm you can donate them to.

I installed cheapo heaters a couple of weeks ago. They seem to be working fine.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #18808
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
I would be hesitant to cut grips with heaters built in for fear of damaging wiring.
OOPs - missed the heated grip part....
Old 10-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #18809
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer

Its getting a bit cool here, and I had a lot of crap to do around the house, but I did get out for an evening ride tonight. For years I had the DR set up primarily for trail riding, and didn't use it much at all on the street. Gearing down to 12/43, DOT knobbies, etc. This year for whatever reason I have had no time to get to the trails (its a 2 hour trailer drive to the forest I like best), but I have been out and about in the farm country around us.

It's been a lot of fun....I find the DR (now geared at 15/43 and still with knobbies) perfect for country cruising at 50mph...and I look forward to gravel side roads and unmaintained sections.

I am thinking of dropping the gearing even further to 15/39 just to make the cruising more relaxed, but even if I don't I sure do find just being out first thing in the morning or as the sun is setting to be a real hoot....chugging along at my own pace.

Nothing new here to report - just felt good after a ride and wanted to share.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #18810
Dark_flame221
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk900 View Post
Its getting a bit cool here, and I had a lot of crap to do around the house, but I did get out for an evening ride tonight. For years I had the DR set up primarily for trail riding, and didn't use it much at all on the street. Gearing down to 12/43, DOT knobbies, etc. This year for whatever reason I have had no time to get to the trails (its a 2 hour trailer drive to the forest I like best), but I have been out and about in the farm country around us.

It's been a lot of fun....I find the DR (now geared at 15/43 and still with knobbies) perfect for country cruising at 50mph...and I look forward to gravel side roads and unmaintained sections.

I am thinking of dropping the gearing even further to 15/39 just to make the cruising more relaxed, but even if I don't I sure do find just being out first thing in the morning or as the sun is setting to be a real hoot....chugging along at my own pace.

Nothing new here to report - just felt good after a ride and wanted to share.
i just geared mine at 15/38 this sunday, it might be a wee bit too much, she's struggling at red light and stop but i wanted to transform it into a touring bike. I'm at 5k rpm at 60mph, and i can swap out the 15 tooth sprocket for a 14 to get close to the original 15/41. i Had to remove two links one male one female tho...